Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Inca Child Sacrifice Victims Were Drugged

llullaillaco lightning girl volcán inca sacrifice

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 31 July 2013 - 12:52 AM, said:

Interesting, LL. I know there are brilliant minds out there who work on this stuff, but I often wonder how often we get our interpretations of these mysteries right (or wrong)? We may be able to get the lab results right, but what about the less tangible?

According to another interpretation, of a different pre-Columbian culture (Aztec), they wanted the children sacrifices to be suffering and in pain so they would cry, and "water the earth".
http://en.wikipedia....umbian_cultures

That's pretty interesting.  I'm sure belief systems all over the ancient world were just as far out.  I'm glad we don't do that now... well most of us.  There are still some crazy people out there that do some cruel things in the name of their god.

Most recently there, this year, was a cult (I forget who/what they worshipped) that tossed an infant into fire as a sacrifice to their "god"...  sometimes all it takes for a group of people to commit such atrocities is a charismatic leader with crazy ideas and a weak mind.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users