Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

The Woman clothed with the Sun...

symbology church revelation

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#121    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

• (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

View Postmarkprice, on 30 April 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

God is All.
Hey Mark,

Your book arrived... Are you the "young native prophet"?

Peace.

https://www.youtube....ix3pVUX86yBWWzS  (playlist )          https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008232820397

According to Gnosticism, Christ came to world to give us a way out; so, why is Gnosticism so secretive and elitist when it comes to salvation??
THORTON WILDER: "Wherever you come near the human race there's layers and layers of nonsense."

#122    Bluefinger

Bluefinger

I am a Christian, and I understand many don't like that. .

• 4,834 posts

• "You'll know them by their fruits."

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:52 AM

View PostIrrelevant, on 02 May 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

Hi Bluefinger..the prophecy is in the book or revelations...we all understand it from the fundamentalist point of view..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woman_of_the_Apocalypse

I've never looked at the fundamentalist point of view.  I do exegesis and focus primarily on historical context, as I will show later in my response.

for some of us we don't follow fundimentalism because it can mislead people, being that the ideas are formed by a bunch of people , then when there satisfied its put to those who follow them and if any spots a discrepancy there condemned.Most here are simply led by the Spirit of God through the words of Jesus.
  This statement seems suspect.  Are you implying that I'm not being led by God's Spirit through the words of Jesus and anyone who doesn't share my view is?

There's some here who are just led by the spirit of God.

What you suggested doesn't account for The One Who Will Rule With A Rod Of Iron..this is The Lord of the Second Advent.

Then I wonder if you are being led by the Divine.  There is nothing in Scripture that suggests that Jesus isn't currenly ruling at this moment.  In fact, please let me know what you think of this:

"And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me." (Matthew 28:18 ESV)

It may appear as if its old history but its about our present time! That's because history repeats..

The red Dragon is communism, the many heads are those who followed communism, 1/3 of the stars or 1/3 of humanity were under this false doctrine..Also not its about Michael and his Angels, Gabriel was the age of Jesus.

This prophesy is not talking about things that have happened in the long distant past.

Jesus words " I have many things to tell you but you can't bare them now but when the spirit of truth comes he will reveal all" this is also talking about the new truth that will be offered by Lord of Second Advent or 3rd Adam.

I respect your difference of opinion.  Let me ask you this though:  "What does any of that have to do with the original audience?"  I have found that the Apocalypse was not written just to jot out information for future generations.  It is not an Edgar Cayce-made manual.  It is an epistle (or rather seven epistles) written within a historical context by an author who was trying to stress a few agendas to get the original audiences to make or remain with a certain choice within their particular circumstances.  It is not merely a cryptic writing meant to spell doom for the future.  

Also in revelations:

The angel handed John a book that tasted sweet as honey in the mouth but turns bitter in the stomach.. This is that new truth..

Do you think it could also be pointing to Ezekiel 3:3-7?  In that passage, Ezekiel is commissioned to preach repentance to the house of Israel, but not to the Gentiles.  Therefore, the scroll only tastes sweet.  Yet John is commissioned in Revelation 10:11 to prophecy to the Gentiles also, which is why it tastes sweet but is also bitter in the stomach.  As Rev. 10:11 shows, John is told to make a fresh prophecy about many nations, languages, tribes, and kings.  That is the point.

I see the temptation of refusing any instruction and just doing things your own way.  That's how I got my start.  And indeed, I still do that.  But I do it critically and analytically.  I draw hypothesis and experiment with different interpretations and then go back through other Scriptures to monitor for consistency.  That way, I don't puff myself up in pride, as if the Holy Spirit was leading me and not my own imagination.

Please learn and understand the parable of the fig tree..

For all the learning that can be done from all the scripture it's still not possible to understand the spirit world, this will be revealed and a great many other things by The Lord Of The Second Advent.

Jesus stated on the cross it is finished because his mission was finished  as far as it was possible to do.his prayer to let this cup pass was in the hope he could continue his mission if it be possible,  However the kingdom of heaven has not come and that was the Lords Prayer for it to come!  So if we love Jesus we should honour him by prayer for what he said " the Kingdom come on earth"

I disagree.  I think the kingdom of God has come on earth.  I just think people have applied their philosophy to things they ought not.  Such was the fallacy of the Greeks, which Origen noticed when he realized how neoplatonism and Christianity were not completely compatible.

Try not to get bogged down in the letter of theology, but capture its essence, its written by men, men make mistakes, only one dosnt and thats God! we were created to live beyond that, not to enslaved by any doctrine but to be free in God,  the kingdom of heaven is inside us.

If that is so, why did Jesus choose twelve disciples and mandated that they pass on his teachings with authority and none other (Matthew 28:19-20)?  There is a certain line of thinking that correct and a certain line that is far off.  Your thinking has a very postmodern feel to it, which basically states that, whatever the individual believes, it must be true.  'Why else would they think that?'

Hitler's imagination killed millions.  It is not a harmless way of thinking.

If  Adam and Eve had not fallen there would never have been a need for any religion or Saviour! ! all humanity would have been true sons and daughters from the begining and born of the Heavenly Father only instead of reborn adopted sons of God. It's  important find the essence of God and capture him in your heart. to have The Lord with you in your thought and with every action.

Bye now and God Bless.

And this view is never mentioned throughout all of Scripture.  You'd figure that if what you are saying is true, then it would be stated outright rather than hidden in symbols.

It is not enough to have a good mind.  The main thing is to use it well.     - Descartes

#123    euroninja

euroninja

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

• John 14:16
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father, but by me.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:59 AM

View PostJor-el, on 30 April 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

You mention misunderstangs and then you say "God is all". No, God is not all. God is not you, God is not me, God is not this planet, this solar system, this galaxy or even this universe.
Dark forces perpetuate the biggest lie to this day. Nothing in the bible says "God is all". LOL.................Shirley Maclane is god. "Out on a limb" is the scarest thing I've seen. Anything with Edgar Cayce gives me the shivers.

Man plans and God laughs.

#124    Jor-el

Jor-el

Knight of the Most High God

• 7,789 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

View Posteuroninja, on 13 May 2013 - 07:59 AM, said:

Dark forces perpetuate the biggest lie to this day. Nothing in the bible says "God is all". LOL.................Shirley Maclane is god. "Out on a limb" is the scarest thing I've seen. Anything with Edgar Cayce gives me the shivers.

I agree, and that is the one of the greatest misunderstandings believers seem to have. It is conceptually based on Pantheism, which believes that God is a part of nature and of the matter that composes nature or the natural universe. That we are part of God or gods in our own right, something that the bible opposes throughout scripture.

If this were true God could never be what we say he is. Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent.

He could not be Omnipotent, because he could not intrude and control that which is also an essential part of himself. He could not change the physical laws of nature, he could not alter the physics of the natural world, he would be as subject to these as man is.

He could not be Omniscient, because God being a part of this universe, could not know everything about this universe, time would hinder him, just as it hinders us, he could not know every aspect that constitutes this universe from the quantum foam to the structure of the very universe itself.

He could not be Omnipresent, because he could not overcome the relativistic nature of the universe, being constrained by time itself.

He could not be Eternal since this universe had a beginning and it will undoubtedly have an end.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#125    markprice

markprice

Government Agent

• 3,654 posts

• To deny meaning is an act of ignorance.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

View PostJor-el, on 13 May 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

I agree, and that is the one of the greatest misunderstandings believers seem to have. It is conceptually based on Pantheism, which believes that God is a part of nature and of the matter that composes nature or the natural universe. That we are part of God or gods in our own right, something that the bible opposes throughout scripture.

First of all Jesus also said the kingdom of heaven is right here and people cannot see it, sort of like sub atomic reality. Second, God is All is based on All is Mind. Hermeticism which you reject could explain all that for you and the origins of religions as well, but you would need to want to know the simple truth of it all...God is All, anything less is pointless reductionism.

If this were true God could never be what we say he is. Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent. ]He could not be Omnipotent, because he could not intrude and control that which is also an essential part of himself.
How do you figure? You do not have power over your toes?

He could not change the physical laws of nature, he could not alter the physics of the natural world, he would be as subject to these as man is.

He could not be Omniscient, because God being a part of this universe, could not know everything about this universe, time would hinder him, just as it hinders us, he could not know every aspect that constitutes this universe from the quantum foam to the structure of the very universe itself.

He could not be Omnipresent, because he could not overcome the relativistic nature of the universe, being constrained by time itself.

He could not be Eternal since this universe had a beginning and it will undoubtedly have an end.

No, no no no no...all your assumptions are wrong for what should be obvious reasons. God is Mind; Mind is not a brain. (if you understood that you would probably understand the rest of it.) The human mind is just a small part of God's Mind...oh forget it.

"How can someone prove that a rainbow exists to a blind man?"

#126    Jesus Loves Us

Jesus Loves Us

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

• 6' 2", Amazon queen.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

View PostBluefinger, on 03 May 2013 - 03:52 AM, said:

I disagree.  I think the kingdom of God has come on earth.  I just think people have applied their philosophy to things they ought not.
The Christian kingdom has been here the day Jesus appeared on the scene. What you didn't mention is that there are other kingdoms controlled by other sons of God.

John 12:30-32
Jesus said, "This voice was for your benefit, not mine. Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Who is the prince of this world? Lucifer or Satan, he has many abominable names. We are not in New Earth.

#127    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,789 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

View Postmarkprice, on 13 May 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

First of all Jesus also said the kingdom of heaven is right here and people cannot see it, sort of like sub atomic reality. Second, God is All is based on All is Mind. Hermeticism which you reject could explain all that for you and the origins of religions as well, but you would need to want to know the simple truth of it all...God is All, anything less is pointless reductionism.

There is a fundamental antagonism between Hermeticism and Christianity, even when there are people who appear to be both. Yes God is essentially mind, but unlike our minds which link to the material world, not only through our senses but also to the quantum nature of reality, to form ideas and invent new ways of bringing to the physical that which is purely abstract, God is not subject to this limitation. God is purely outside of the entire space-time continuum, which we are part of and cannot be removed from. That is the essential reason for Jesus Christ, who is called the Word of God, the one who speaks things into being. The avatar of God, for lack of a better term. The visible aspect of God is a part of this universe, in the same way we are, because that is the reason for his existence, no-one can actually see God the Father. What we all see is Jesus Christ, I believe not even the angels can see God the Father.

Hermeticism teaches that there is a fundamental truth to all religions, that religions are just obscure mirrors of a greater and hidden truth, that they reflect inaccurately. Thus Hermeticism becomes universal in scope much like Theosophy. As a matter of fact the link between them is quite deep. They are both based on the same precepts and fundamentals and that for me is enough to throw the lot out with the bathwater so to speak. It is Gnosticism pure and simple and no matter how much one tries to disguise it with other terms, that is what it is all about.

Putting it more plainly, it is belief system that uses and infiltrates Christianity and perverts it from the truth it conveys.

How do you figure? You do not have power over your toes?

Actually no, you don't have power over your toes, the most you can do is wiggle them. You cannot add toes or remove them, you cannot make them longer or shorten them, as a matter of fact there is nothing that you can actually do with your toes except use them in the way they were meant to be used, for walking and keeping your balance.

In the same sense God is then limited to wiggling his toes, there is not much else he could do with them.

No, no no no no...all your assumptions are wrong for what should be obvious reasons. God is Mind; Mind is not a brain. (if you understood that you would probably understand the rest of it.) The human mind is just a small part of God's Mind...oh forget it.

Mind when it is subject to the space time continuum, must abide by its rules. No exceptions. Only mind that is outside of the created artifact could possibly have the ability to create the artifact. In creating the universe, God did not create himself as well.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#128    markprice

markprice

Government Agent

• 3,654 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

View Posteuroninja, on 13 May 2013 - 07:59 AM, said:

It was excised. Find it in the gospel of Mary were Jesus talks about the soul speaking to ignorance (apropos).

It's not a difficult concept; saying Shirley is god proves you are not close to understanding.

#129    euroninja

euroninja

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

• John 14:16
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father, but by me.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

Why do think the gospel of Mary Magdeline is not included in the bible? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. I would rather have a consciousness "not close to understanding" than a mouth full of blasphemy. "I am god"........................................................NOT.

Man plans and God laughs.

#130    markprice

markprice

Government Agent

• 3,654 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:20 AM

View Postbraveone2u, on 02 May 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

Hey Mark,

Your book arrived... Are you the "young native prophet"?

Peace.

No. It's fiction written at a feverish pace and published to capture the state of an actual place. It is not a feel-good story by any stretch of the imagination...

View Posteuroninja, on 13 May 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

Why do think the gospel of Mary Magdeline is not included in the bible? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. I would rather have a consciousness "not close to understanding" than a mouth full of blasphemy. "I am god"........................................................NOT.

Because people like you can't handle the truth. Although you are right about one thing: you most definitely are not.

View PostJor-el, on 13 May 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

There is a fundamental antagonism between Hermeticism and Christianity, even when there are people who appear to be both. Yes God is essentially mind, but unlike our minds which link to the material world, not only through our senses but also to the quantum nature of reality, to form ideas and invent new ways of bringing to the physical that which is purely abstract, God is not subject to this limitation. God is purely outside of the entire space-time continuum, which we are part of and cannot be removed from. That is the essential reason for Jesus Christ, who is called the Word of God, the one who speaks things into being. The avatar of God, for lack of a better term. The visible aspect of God is a part of this universe, in the same way we are, because that is the reason for his existence, no-one can actually see God the Father. What we all see is Jesus Christ, I believe not even the angels can see God the Father.

Hermeticism teaches that there is a fundamental truth to all religions, that religions are just obscure mirrors of a greater and hidden truth, that they reflect inaccurately. Thus Hermeticism becomes universal in scope much like Theosophy. As a matter of fact the link between them is quite deep. They are both based on the same precepts and fundamentals and that for me is enough to throw the lot out with the bathwater so to speak. It is Gnosticism pure and simple and no matter how much one tries to disguise it with other terms, that is what it is all about.

Putting it more plainly, it is belief system that uses and infiltrates Christianity and perverts it from the truth it conveys.

Actually no, you don't have power over your toes, the most you can do is wiggle them. You cannot add toes or remove them, you cannot make them longer or shorten them, as a matter of fact there is nothing that you can actually do with your toes except use them in the way they were meant to be used, for walking and keeping your balance.

In the same sense God is then limited to wiggling his toes, there is not much else he could do with them.

Mind when it is subject to the space time continuum, must abide by its rules. No exceptions. Only mind that is outside of the created artifact could possibly have the ability to create the artifact. In creating the universe, God did not create himself as well.

Okay I get it: you don't like the old wisdom. I don't agree with about 10% of it but that means great practice in discernment. It's not an infiltration; it is based on what Jesus was learning in his youth and religions long before that. You are just cutting your religion off at the roots. Nobody said God created Himself. He transcends Himself as people evolve or not.

#131    Jor-el

Jor-el

• 7,789 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

View Postmarkprice, on 14 May 2013 - 01:20 AM, said:

Okay I get it: you don't like the old wisdom. I don't agree with about 10% of it but that means great practice in discernment. It's not an infiltration; it is based on what Jesus was learning in his youth and religions long before that. You are just cutting your religion off at the roots. Nobody said God created Himself. He transcends Himself as people evolve or not.

It's worse than dislike, I have no patience with the religion of the old ones...

Posted Image

-C. S. Lewis

#132    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• 1,252 posts

• (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

View Postmarkprice, on 14 May 2013 - 01:20 AM, said:

You've mentioned in one of the threads that you have managed to escape the Void: What are you doing now to prevent that from happening, to end up in that reality again? Do you follow a particular path or religion?

Peace.

https://www.youtube....ix3pVUX86yBWWzS  (playlist )          https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008232820397

According to Gnosticism, Christ came to world to give us a way out; so, why is Gnosticism so secretive and elitist when it comes to salvation??
THORTON WILDER: "Wherever you come near the human race there's layers and layers of nonsense."

#133    markprice

markprice

Government Agent

• 3,654 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

View Postbraveone2u, on 14 May 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

You've mentioned in one of the threads that you have managed to escape the Void: What are you doing now to prevent that from happening, to end up in that reality again? Do you follow a particular path or religion?

Peace.

Kind of a personal question that has nothing to do with this thread, but what the hell, I'll answer it. What I'm doing now is what I did then and what I have always done. The best way to explain would be to grab a sword and point it straight at God. I have always seen what I'm pointing at but I had to learn about heaven and hell. When you die it will be like a black-out void so the void experience was good practice for death. Even within the nightmare my consciousness was able to compose itself enough to get its vertical bearing and that is the only thing that stopped it, in my experience. It would be nice if Jesus had saved me, but honestly Jesus never did a thing for me. I think it would be blasphemy to let anything get between me and God, and I know Jesus would agree (says something like that in the bible somewhere). So I have been on my own my entire life and payed a ridiculously high price for what I've always known and I don't see that changing, ever. At this point if God said go to hell I would go to hell or anywhere else for that matter. The only advantage from what I've learned is that I can't get lost with a vertical compass.

#134    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• 1,252 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

View Postmarkprice, on 16 May 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

It would be nice if Jesus had saved me, but honestly Jesus never did a thing for me. I think it would be blasphemy to let anything get between me and God, and I know Jesus would agree (says something like that in the bible somewhere). So I have been on my own my entire life and payed a ridiculously high price for what I've always known and I don't see that changing, ever. At this point if God said go to hell I would go to hell or anywhere else for that matter. The only advantage from what I've learned is that I can't get lost with a vertical compass.
Thank you for the honest reply, Mark. You're not alone, for some of my close friends feel the same way. You've mentioned about the "vertical compass," is that a path or technique?  Peace.

#135    Padre Pio

Padre Pio

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

The Woman is Mary, The mediatrix, about to give birth to Christ , the Returning King, after His birth He will be presented to the father   Rev5,   before he returns as the new Temple in the New jerusalem, rev 21

there is safety from the dragon under her wings

Also tagged with symbology, church, revelation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users