Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Are we in Hell?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#46    FlyingAngel

FlyingAngel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

When you are making love with your partner. Ask the same question: "Am I in hell?" I'm sure the answer will be different.

#47    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

Well, Pallidin, I had similar thoughts when I first burned one with a Bob Marley tribute band in Bar Harbor, Maine back in '84, but now I'm not so sure. It's kind of like that speculation, "Is our universe really just a dust mote in the pocket of some alien granny's housecoat as she shooes the alien stray cats away with her light saber?" It's fun to cogitate about, but ultimately. . . who knows?

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#48    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,261 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

Posted Image

heaven used to be so much more simple //

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#49    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,797 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

View Postszentgyorgy, on 22 May 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

Well, Pallidin, I had similar thoughts when I first burned one with a Bob Marley tribute band in Bar Harbor, Maine back in '84, but now I'm not so sure. It's kind of like that speculation, "Is our universe really just a dust mote in the pocket of some alien granny's housecoat as she shooes the alien stray cats away with her light saber?" It's fun to cogitate about, but ultimately. . . who knows?
Have you been been having a go on Bob`s wacky backy?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#50    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,797 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 22 May 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

heaven used to be so much more simple //

She really should have worn trousers!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#51    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,261 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 22 May 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

She really should have worn trousers!

She's got the curves for the over hang ... no worries ... they don't make women like that no more .... ~sigh~

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#52    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,207 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:16 AM

View PostFlyingAngel, on 22 May 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

When you are making love with your partner. Ask the same question: "Am I in hell?" I'm sure the answer will be different.
Now that depends on a lot of factors.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users