Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

first post, possible big cat in Western Aust?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#46    rampaging redneck

rampaging redneck

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

New form of income for me, blackmailing murderers lol

#47    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:10 AM

View Postrampaging redneck, on 10 July 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

New form of income for me, blackmailing murderers lol

I wouldn't mess with them. You could wake up one night and see them through your window, walking up to your house in robes. Haha, horror movie style.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#48    Mungoman

Mungoman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:24 AM

Was out west of NSW, and came across these prints of a cat(no claws) chasing a roo..lense cap is 5.8 cm across.

Attached Files

#49    Night Walker

Night Walker

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:18 AM

View PostMungoman, on 20 July 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

Was out west of NSW, and came across these prints of a cat(no claws) chasing a roo..lense cap is 5.8 cm across.

Posted Image

You didn't actually see a big cat chasing any kangaroo though, right?

Posted Image Yes! Canada’s most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it’s the world’s largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

Australian history ... is full of surprises, and adventures, and incongruities, and contradictions, and incredibilities; but they are all true, they all happened. - Mark Twain

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#50    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.

• 1,301 posts

• The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

Nice, i wouldnt doubt it.

Welcome to the forums

Thanks,

Edited by Super-Fly, 20 July 2012 - 12:57 PM.

Super-Fly!!3

TrueStory.

#51    Dragonwind

Dragonwind

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

Ive worked with natural resources departments that trap feral cats and seen some monsters. A feral cat can easily grow to the same size as a puma. The size is not the issue - the head and facial features of a puma are very different. Everyone always talks about seeing a big cat but no-one yet can produce evidence of an actual puma or proper big cat. Need a good photo of the head.

#52    rampaging redneck

rampaging redneck

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

Hi all,

Just recently went on a hunting trip in an area close to where I had my possible sighting. A good friend of mine, who is a local in that area says there are regular sightings of ABCs out there, really has me aching to catch one on camera to finally put this thing to bed.

#53    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,805 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

Would be good. Countless people have tried but only come back with large feral cats. Just take a camera with you at all times haha.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

#54    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,084 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:45 AM

Welcome to UM.  The conservation dept said we had no Cougars here even with lots of sightings.  Finally someone killed one and now they believe it.

#55    Dragonwind

Dragonwind

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

View PostDKO, on 31 July 2012 - 11:54 PM, said:

Just take a camera with you at all times haha.
This is what I can't understand - all these 'sightings' but no-one can properly record anything on a camera or phone.

#56    -d00Fus-

-d00Fus-

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

• Don't get me started...

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

View PostDragonwind, on 01 August 2012 - 09:58 AM, said:

This is what I can't understand - all these 'sightings' but no-one can properly record anything on a camera or phone.
Mind you, if they did we would probably all claim it's fake :-D

Every time someone has taken a photo of a so-called big cat everyone says "oh, that's just a normal cat".
I still reckon they're both right - it is a "normal" cat, just a bloody big one!

-d00fus-

#57    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,805 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

View Post-d00Fus-, on 05 September 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

Mind you, if they did we would probably all claim it's fake :-D

Every time someone has taken a photo of a so-called big cat everyone says "oh, that's just a normal cat".
I still reckon they're both right - it is a "normal" cat, just a bloody big one!

Yes I reckon most likely all these sighting are just very large feral cats. Like in the picture I posted a few pages back, they can get huge.

Confucius Says:

#58    rampaging redneck

rampaging redneck

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

Thinking I should maybe start a thread on the pine forest and other similar places in the "Urban legends" section. Thoughts?

#59    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

i wouldnt be so fast to dismiss the claim off as a large feral cat. I live in OH and years ago there were sightings of lions in my area.. not mountain lions but African Lions. Now of course those that didnt want to believe laughed it off as nothing more than mistaken identity. Come to pass there was a man that had over 60 exotic animals including lions, tigers, jaguar, bears and a plethera of other species that lived just on the outskirts of town in the area which the sightings had occured. The lions that everyone had been seeing were escaped lions from this mans collection, a collection that became famous in 2011 when he decided to let them ALL loose on the general population. So.. for me when people claim to see a big cat i for one do not dismiss them outright... but that is just me ...based on my experience. After all it is easier to relate/believe when there is an experience that takes place that is similar.

Posted Image

Your memory IS foggy. It's the pancakes

#60    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,805 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

View Postrampaging redneck, on 22 November 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

Thinking I should maybe start a thread on the pine forest and other similar places in the "Urban legends" section. Thoughts?

Yeah for sure. Can be very creepy at night, myself I haven't really seen anything that far out but maybe other members have. Because of this thread I found out there were a few members on here that are from Perth, maybe there are more.

Confucius Says:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users