Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giuliani Admits Ron Paul Won All The Debates

acidhead

Rudy Giuliani, who is widely tipped to drop out of the Republican race today and endorse John McCain, admitted yesterday, sarcastically, that "Ron Paul won all the debates"

"Ron Paul won all the debates," stated Rudy Giuliani in his speech conceding defeat in the Florida Primary. "On that little thing you call in on(phone) and text with".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1RuubKuvxQ

You tell' em Rudy!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acidhead

• Caesar

• Unlimited

• Aztec Warrior

...yet Ron Paul got a miserable 3% of the vote in my state.

=(

unless Romney/Huckabee do horrible and drop the race (leaving a one-on-one competition), I don't think Ron Paul stands a chance.

My predictions: McCain will win the nomination and will lose miserably to Obama

: McCain will win the nomination as well as Hillary, and it will be sort of tied.

Still, I'm surprised someone like Rudy would say something positive to his clear rival.

Edited by zitro1987

He said it sarcastically. Why doesn't your thread title indicate that it was sarcastic? *snip*{/b]

Edited by Magikman
Removed uncalled for remark

whens ron paul gonna drop out?...he's looking kinda silly...it's a 4 horse race...

He didn't say anything positive about Ron Paul, he insulted him. It was funny though.

One thing i've learned about the Ron Paul crowd...they are rabid liars...and think everythings rigged cuz rons not winning..it's crazy..

One thing i've learned about the Ron Paul crowd...they are rabid liars...and think everythings rigged cuz rons not winning..it's crazy..

Yes, I think the posters in the conspiracy theory section of this forum make up the majority of his supporters.

As predicted:

Courtesy BBC

Giuliani quits White House race

Mr Giuliani pledged to campaign with Mr McCain when needed

Giuliani and McCain

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani has pulled out of the Republican race for the White House after disappointing primary results in Florida.

Mr Giuliani announced in California he was giving his support to Arizona Senator John McCain.

Mr Giuliani, who came third in Florida, had skipped many previous contests.

Earlier on Wednesday, Democrat John Edwards left the race, without backing any of his rivals, after failing to win a single party nomination contest.

Mr Edwards contested Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and his native South Carolina, but only in Iowa did he get higher than third place, and that only by the narrowest of margins.

He told supporters in New Orleans, where he launched his latest White House bid in 2006: "It's time for me to step aside so that history can blaze its path."

Rudy's gamble

Mr Giuliani announced his withdrawal at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley, California, where the remaining Republican candidates will go head-to-head in a televised debate later on Wednesday.

This man is a national hero and I'm honoured by his friendship

John McCain on Rudy Giuliani

In a light-hearted news conference, he said he had thought he was the sort of person who had the qualities to make a good president of the United States, "but the voters made a different choice".

"John McCain is the most qualified candidate to be the next commander in chief of the United States," Mr Giuliani said. "He's an American hero and America could use heroes in the White House."

He added that Mr McCain was a longstanding friend and he would campaign alongside him whenever and wherever he was needed.

Mr McCain returned the compliments, praising Mr Giuliani's leadership as mayor in the wake of the attacks on the US on 11 September 2001.

He described his former rival as "my strong right arm and my partner".

"This man is a national hero and I'm honoured by his friendship," he said.

FLORIDA PRIMARY: RESULTS

Republicans

John McCain: 36%

Mitt Romney: 31%

Rudy Giuliani: 15%

Mike Huckabee: 13%

Ron Paul: 3%

Democrats

Hillary Clinton: 50%

Barack Obama: 33%

John Edwards: 14%

With 99% of vote counted

Mr Giuliani was seen by his supporters as a tough commander in chief, while other Republicans were wary of his attitude on social issues, like abortion.

When he entered the race more than a year ago he led some national polls and had an impressive war chest. He is reported to have spent up to a million dollars a week on TV advertising in Florida alone.

Correspondents say his decision to focus his efforts on Florida was always going to be either a stroke of political genius or an unwise gamble that would see him fall at the first hurdle.

Mr Giuliani won 15% of the vote, behind Mr McCain with 36% and Mitt Romney with 31% and just ahead of Mike Huckabee who won 13%.

I'm almost positive that Rudy was making fun of the fact that call- or text-in messaging polls are grotesquely unscientific and unrepresentative.

...yet Ron Paul got a miserable 3% of the vote in my state.

=(

unless Romney/Huckabee do horrible and drop the race (leaving a one-on-one competition), I don't think Ron Paul stands a chance.

C'mon, do you really think Ron Paul ever had a chance?

C'mon, do you really think Ron Paul ever had a chance?

I think everyone deep down knew he had no chance but isn't it good to believe and put your hope in someone who stands by what he saids. Who is probably the most honest politician that i've ever seen and actually has morals.

He may not win but he'll lay the foundation for the next guy (most likely his son)

I watched the debate last night....ron paul and huckabee might as well have stayed home..it was so unfair and unbalanced it was criminal....it was the mitt mccain show..

I watched the debate last night....ron paul and huckabee might as well have stayed home..it was so unfair and unbalanced it was criminal....it was the mitt mccain show..

I agree it was completely unfair. Ron Paul was cut off from answering, given very little time to answer and mostly just ignored. Same with Huck, but to a lesser extent. A very biased and two sided debate.

However, when Paul did speak....diarhea of the mouth. He never made any sense, just throwing out a bunch of slogans and rambling statements. I swear Cooper was rolling his eyes at every Paul response.

I agree it was completely unfair. Ron Paul was cut off from answering, given very little time to answer and mostly just ignored. Same with Huck, but to a lesser extent. A very biased and two sided debate.

However, when Paul did speak....diarhea of the mouth. He never made any sense, just throwing out a bunch of slogans and rambling statements. I swear Cooper was rolling his eyes at every Paul response.

Maybe Ron Paul didn't speak slow enough for you...

Care to elaborate on what you disagreed with?

Paul may be a bit of a kook, but he is the most consistent politician I have ever seen. He does not change his positions as many of them do.

I think everyone deep down knew he had no chance but isn't it good to believe and put your hope in someone who stands by what he saids. Who is probably the most honest politician that i've ever seen and actually has morals.

He may not win but he'll lay the foundation for the next guy (most likely his son)

Oh I'm not saying he wouldn't be a bad president. I disagree with alot of what he says but I probly agree with more of his views then McCain, Obama and Clinton.

Oh I'm not saying he wouldn't be a bad president. I disagree with alot of what he says but I probly agree with more of his views then McCain, Obama and Clinton.

So I guess you like romney?...whats his message exactly ..elitism for all?...

Elitism for all is not possible.

It was a joke...romneys all for the elite...he's never worked a hard day in his life..

It was a joke...romneys all for the elite...he's never worked a hard day in his life..

He was a former governor and I believe he was the head of the Olympic board or something.

Takes a lot of work to reach such.

I like his idea of cutting the corprate tax rate by 10%. if you look at that tax rate, the U.S. is rather high. I think keeping the Bush tax cuts perm would keep the economy good too. I also like his healthcare plans, like what he did in the people republic of Massachusetts. but hey what do I know. it seems the left just wants to focus on raising taxes or what they call "progressive taxes" its simply taxing the rich and the middle class, and say we must do this because of what Bush did. this will only hurt the economy because their will be less capital in the economy. they simply don't understand that a high tide makes all ships rise.

I yield back the balance of my time.

QUOTE (Aztec Warrior @ Jan 31 2008, 08:30 AM)

Maybe Ron Paul didn't speak slow enough for you...

Care to elaborate on what you disagreed with?

Sure...here are some quotes from the debate.

COOPER: Congressman Paul, 61 percent of Americans think there is a recession already -- 61 percent of Americans say there's already a recession.

Are we better off than we were eight years ago?

TEXAS REP. RON PAUL: No, no, we're not better off. We're worse off, but it's partially this administration's fault and it's the Congress. But it also involves an economic system that we've had for a long time and a monetary system that we've had and a foreign policy that's coming to an end and we have to admit this.

The Republicans were elected in 1994 to change direction of the country, because people sensed there was something wrong, we were going the wrong direction, but we didn't do anything.

In the year 2000, we did, also. We were elected in the year 2000 to have a humble foreign policy and not police the world, and yet what are we doing now? We're bogged down in another war. We're bankrupting our country and we have an empire that we're trying to defend which costs us $1 trillion a year.

And the standard of living is going down today. It's going down and the middle class is hurting because of the monetary policy.

PAUL: When you destroy a currency, the middle class gets wiped out. Poor countries don't even have middle classes. We used to have one, and they're on the ropes right now.

But it has to do with a fiscal policy, monetary policy, and foreign policy of way too much spending, but it took a lot of years for us to get here. The people in this country have been begging for a change in direction, and they haven't had it. It's time we gave it to them.

Or this beauty....

COOPER: Congressman Paul?

PAUL: Well, you know, the governor says that you have to borrow for a handout of a check from the Chinese. Where are you going to get the money to build the highway?

Same old thing. We have a foreign policy where we blow up bridges overseas and then we tax the people to go over and rebuild the bridges overseas and our bridges are falling down and our infrastructure is falling down.

So, yes, this money should be spent back here at home. We have a $1 trillion foreign operation to operate our empire. That's where the money is. You can't keep borrowing from China. You can't keep printing the money.

We have to cut some spending. That's what nobody here talks about. Where do you cut spending if you want to spend some money? We need lower taxes, less regulations, and we need to free up the market.

We can't expect the government to do everything. We have to faith and confidence that the market works, but you can't do any of that unless you look at the monetary system.

Clearly there is something wrong with the man...probably delusional.

Sure...here are some quotes from the debate.

Or this beauty....

Clearly there is something wrong with the man...probably delusional.

Well..we're obviously living on different planets here!

The quotes you supplied only point to my argument!

Besides quoting Mr. Paul

perhaps,

you- could- elaborate- on- these- quotes.

Do you feel the current monetary system works in your opinion? Sounds like you disagree with Ron and feel that the current system is great!

Do you feel, in your opinion, the current system works just fine?

Do you even know how the current system works? Do you have to use GOOGLE to FIND the answer?

Where do you think America borrows its money from in your opinion? ......Greenland?

Borrowed money... does America pay interest on borrowed money?

These are easy questions to answer and understand.