Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scary House

Banchee

Does anyone here have a frightening house that has a reputation for being haunted in their local neibourhood. I think every centre of civilisation has one and it could be an interesting discussion point.

I personnally have been told by a friend of the infants school down the road from me where he was once asleep in ( don't ask me why) but suddenly woke to see an old women at the window. On further investigation she was discovered to be the founder of the school or so we thought.....

I have to say late at night when i'm going past it I usually make sure that I look dead ahead and walk straight past, the place gives me the creeps.... it just drips atmosphere. ph34r.gif

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Althalus

• Banchee

• Sundance

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're right. There doesn't seem to be a town or village in the UK without its own haunted house.

I was at my local haunted spot on Midsummer Eve, probably unwisely as it's a haunted TREE and it was pitch black at 1am. idea.gif

There used to be an old derilect mansion in my area many years ago, but it was eventually deemed unsafe and was demolished.

A year or so later, a new church was built there on the exact same spot.

The old high school that I used to go to was said to be haunted.

It was probably brought on though by the fact that at times when it was quiet it did feel spooky, especialy as you walked past the old painting on the landing outside the library, the painting is a portrait of the first headmaster, and it dates back to about 1850.