Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why Is The NRA So Powerful?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,318 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

View Postaztek, on 25 January 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

of couse thay did, like i said they had to fight bill as a whole, even if only some parts they are opposed to.

Wrong, you can sue against any and all provisions within a bill, if you just want to go against the waiting period that that is what you do if you are for background checks.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#62    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,777 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

lol, it is a bill not law, it is either passed or not, you can sue after if it is a law, and you against it,bill is nothing but a proposal, untill it is a law, there is really no reason to sue, bill has no power.

either way, i'm sure they (nra ila) know how to do politics in washington, so it takes less time, and you can actuially see result within your term. of course everyone around the world knows better, than ppl there. nothing unusual.

one thing they know for sure, gunhaters will never be happy as long as we have guns, no matter how they try to cover it, so i agree if nra fights every single restriction\law\ban\control, that gunhaters try to impose. today you only want control, tomorow, when your control fails, you will want more control, cuz it was not enough. so no, i'll help nra to fight your desire to control me, with every dollar i sent them.

Edited by aztek, 25 January 2013 - 05:38 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#63    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,318 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

View Postaztek, on 25 January 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

lol, it is a bill not law, it is either passed or not, you can sue after if it is a law, and you against it,bill is nothing but a proposal, untill it is a law, there is really no reason to sue, bill has no power.

either way, i'm sure they (nra ila) know how to do politics in washington, so it takes less time, and you can actuially see result within your term. of course everyone around the world knows better, than ppl there. nothing unusual.

Wrong, you can sue against any and all provisions within a bill law, if you just want to go against the waiting period that that is what you do if you are for background checks

Happy now?

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#64    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,777 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 25 January 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

Wrong, you can sue against any and all provisions within a bill law, if you just want to go against the waiting period that that is what you do if you are for background checks

Happy now?
no, i don't want it become a law, so i don't have to fight it than, which will be a lot harder. it wil take a lot longer, and cost a lot more than.

you know the saying, an oz of prevention, beats a lb of cure.

Edited by aztek, 25 January 2013 - 05:41 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#65    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,318 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

View Postaztek, on 25 January 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

no, i don't want it become a law, so i don't have to fight it than, which will be a lot harder. you know the saying, an oz of prevention, beats a lb of cure.

A ounce of guns used in crime increase the sales of the gun industry by the pound is what you mean to say, right?

So does the NRA.

about me

#66    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,777 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

wrong, that is what you wanted to hear.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#67    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

It's funny how the same people that HATE unions participation in government seem to LOVE the NRA's own participation.

#68    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,777 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

View Postsupervike, on 25 January 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

It's funny how the same people that HATE unions participation in government seem to LOVE the NRA's own participation.
unions participation in government?? don't care much about, unions that stay in a way of ME doing buissnes, that i do hate.
unions that act like thugs, you have no idea how much i don't like it.
nra supporting my interests, what is there to hate? nothing imo.

Edited by aztek, 25 January 2013 - 06:14 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#69    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

View Postsupervike, on 25 January 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

You mean the National Labor Relations Board? Where's the National Gun-Owners Relation Board, the unelected board of officials who enact regulations making it more difficult to take guns away?

Posted Image

#70    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,480 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 25 January 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

And you could mention one (excluding Coca-Cola and Pepsi-Cola)?
The energy industry.

Coke and Pepsi are corporations in the beverage industry.   They're not industries.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#71    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,318 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostYamato, on 26 January 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

The energy industry.

Coke and Pepsi are corporations in the beverage industry.   They're not industries.

Doubt it, 26% of the primary energy in the USA is imported.

about me

#72    Dan'O

Dan'O

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

I was looking at a recent article on Yahoo and was amazed at the numbers on the comments section. Both the number of replies for a newish article like this but also the pro gun stance of the replies.

36,660 comments as I am looking at it...

I did not crunch the numbers but it looks like around 95% pro gun stance.
I doubt the admin and congress will be able to wiggle this, attack on the people, by the people.

http://news.yahoo.co...ANRD1oAhQDQtDMD

Wow...VP Biden really should be seen and not heard.
And those numbers seem to call into question a whole slew of recent polls that have been put out by the so-called press. Hard to fake or taint yahoos algorithms.

Maybe the NRA did it!? :sleepy:

#73    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,318 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

View PostDan, on 26 January 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

I was looking at a recent article on Yahoo and was amazed at the numbers on the comments section. Both the number of replies for a newish article like this but also the pro gun stance of the replies.

36,660 comments as I am looking at it...

I did not crunch the numbers but it looks like around 95% pro gun stance.
I doubt the admin and congress will be able to wiggle this, attack on the people, by the people.

http://news.yahoo.co...ANRD1oAhQDQtDMD

Wow...VP Biden really should be seen and not heard.
And those numbers seem to call into question a whole slew of recent polls that have been put out by the so-called press. Hard to fake or taint yahoos algorithms.

Maybe the NRA did it!? :sleepy:

Pro-gun is not equal to anti-gun-control.

about me

#74    Dan'O

Dan'O

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

I know Q...just a overall feely goody thing here. ;)

#75    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,054 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

You can't judge public opinion by who likes or dislikes something on a message board.  As I understand it Obama's proposals are fairly modest, just background checks and a ban of some forms of weapons no one has any sane use for.

I like the situation here in Vietnam: no one has guns except the police and the army, and their use of them is tightly controlled.  There is crime here -- with knives mainly -- and so the death rate is much lower.

I don't really know how they keep the guns out of the hands of criminals, but they do.

Edited by Frank Merton, 26 January 2013 - 11:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users