Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Beware the man with the ‘miracle’ stare

Still Waters

Not a joke, this is really weird

A 47-year-old man from Zagreb in Croatia known only as Braco (pronounced Bratzo) has whipped up a storm of New Age followers across the globe.

How does he do it? With his eyes, apparently.

http://metro.co.uk/2...egnant-4777012/

• Like 2

Hmmm, not quite sure what to make of that. He certainly has a rare aura to him.

• Like 1

I do not see anything special about him at all. Just a man trying to look sexy or something.

Actually when I first seen him I thought it was Bill Murray.

• Like 4

Trying to look sexy and I hate it when guys give me that look...blech.

• Like 3

he has a symnpathetic face. it's nothing more than that as far as i can see but people like to grab onto something to believe in i guess. something to get all spiritual and worked up about. lol

• Like 1

He looks as though he's just wet himself and is afraid the teacher will find out.

• Like 2

I do not see anything special about him at all. Just a man trying to look sexy or something.

Actually when I first seen him I thought it was Bill Murray.

That's it I thought the same thing.....

• Like 1

He actually looks like a naughty puppy who has peed on your duvet! I would never hit a small animal ...or a large one but I really want to slap that blokes silly face. I don't take well to people who dupe others and this guy is a total charlatan who plays on peoples emotions

*dons boxing glove on one hand and knuckle duster on the other*

• Like 3

He has what is known as a 'soft' face, and his small mouth with the protruding lower lip, the shape of his eyes and the roundness of his face elicits a sympathetic response because those features are neotenous (i.e. child-like features retained into adulthood.)

That's all it is, nothing 'miraculous'.

The video linked to the story is back from before 2010 ..... why they posted a story about him 5 years later but have no current vid on him is anybody's guess. Anyway, I tried staring at him and ended up laughing at my own stupidity, so yeh good energy :w00t: .

Edit to add: BTW Braco translated into English is "brother". Isn't that sweet.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 1

He actually looks like a naughty puppy who has peed on your duvet! I would never hit a small animal ...or a large one but I really want to slap that blokes silly face. I don't take well to people who dupe others and this guy is a total charlatan who plays on peoples emotions

*dons boxing glove on one hand and knuckle duster on the other*

So your left hand is Serious Injury and your right hand is Sudden Death hehe (I love your straight talk and no messing about)

The video linked to the story is back from before 2010 ..... why they posted a story about him 5 years later but have no current vid on him is anybody's guess. Anyway, I tried staring at him and ended up laughing at my own stupidity, so yeh good energy :w00t: .

Edit to add: BTW Braco translated into English is "brother". Isn't that sweet.

It’s even sweeter than that: it’s a diminutive, “little brother”.

And it’s not working on me.

I think his “secret” might be the obvious fact that we can do miracles with our own bodies (both ways, we can both heal or destroy ourselves, to amazing extent) and some people think they need an outside medium to make themselves nudge their bodies in the healing direction.

We often really can heal ourselves, especially if the issues are psychosomatic. Obviously.

The guy who trained Braco was even weirder and more theatrical. And obsessed with gold, he would wear more than 1 kg gold jewellery and claimed it keeps him in touch with the Sun... ahem.

But if it’s working for some people, why should I attempt spoiling it?

Placebo effect is one simply wonderful phenomenon.

• Like 2

He's Zoolander of the Crotians with a Jimmy Swaggart attitude.

It’s even sweeter than that: it’s a diminutive, “little brother”.

And it’s not working on me.

I think his “secret” might be the obvious fact that we can do miracles with our own bodies (both ways, we can both heal or destroy ourselves, to amazing extent) and some people think they need an outside medium to make themselves nudge their bodies in the healing direction.

We often really can heal ourselves, especially if the issues are psychosomatic. Obviously.

The guy who trained Braco was even weirder and more theatrical. And obsessed with gold, he would wear more than 1 kg gold jewellery and claimed it keeps him in touch with the Sun... ahem.

But if it’s working for some people, why should I attempt spoiling it?

Placebo effect is one simply wonderful phenomenon.

The bit I've bolded above: I think some people actually do need an outside medium, and possibly a crowd of fellow potential believers around them too. It's as if they need to be in the presence of someone who they can see really believes(in whatever it is), and have that belief reflected back at them before they allow themselves to behave like a believer.

The bit I've bolded above: I think some people actually do need an outside medium, and possibly a crowd of fellow potential believers around them too. It's as if they need to be in the presence of someone who they can see really believes(in whatever it is), and have that belief reflected back at them before they allow themselves to behave like a believer.

Well, when we believe we need it, then we need it, regardless of the fact that we don't. If someone is convinced they can't swim, they really would sink without lifebelt or a swimmer to hold them on the surface. I never understood how can non-swimmers make their bodies sink.

Anyway, anything we do is somehow easier and we’re more certain we should do it and we are doing it right if we’re part of a group that does it... that explains everything, from fashion victims to fascism :D

No, seriously :D

But I also tend to believe that we somehow can even share our – let’s call it bio-energy, if hardcore sceptics won’t mind.

Precisely because I believe in power of our minds, in yet scientifically unexplained energy and such, I’m quite unhappy when someone claims certainty about it all. (Be it self-proclaimed local guru or one of largest organized religions.)

These things are to be felt, not defined.

Before I rant this too far away, in short: yes, I even believe some people can even help others in such highly alternative ways. Not teach, just help others discover they already know everything they need to know. But such people ask for no money, gold or obedience. They just show by their own example what worked for them, so, maybe, with some luck, it works for others too.

Puppy eyes... nope. Doesn’t work for me. I prefer my shamans more honest.

• Like 1

Here a just a three of his bounty of miracles:

1 .A DVD of Braco played repeatedly on a DVD player that previously did not have the capability to play on a loop.

2. A woman did not scream during a gazing event event even though a yellow jacket (very scary) was climbing up and down her leg.

3. A woman woke up in the middle of the night and ‘knew’ she had to follow Braco to Hawaii and ended up liking living on a sunny tropical island.

ummm...ok.

Does he sleep with his followers?

Weird, as I looked at his eyes I heard a fly buzz past me to the window. And when I looked at the window there was a fly. There is no possible way a fly could have got into my house in the middle of summer with most my windows open. So for me this man is the real deal.