Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

dantes map of hell

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#46    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,455 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

I don't know what all of the unnecessary semantics are about. This is just getting silly. LucidElement's question in the OP was straight forward:

Where is the original map of hell Painted by Botticelli , recounting Dantes Inferno ?

There is a simple answer: Botticelli's Chart of Hell, painted in the fifteenth century, is now in the Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana (Vatican Library).

While it is true that the "map" was not painted by Dante himself, Dante was the inspiration for Botticelli's painting of it. Therefore, Botticelli's painting is his original. He's the one who painted Chart of Hell.

Asked and answered. There is no reason to doubt this in any logical sense, nor is there any reason to "interpret" LucidElement's question beyond common sense. If this discussion exists now only to bicker and sling names at one another, I will shortly be tempted to lock it.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#47    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

would really like to see Dan brown sent back in time to syria as an infant under the age of 2

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users