Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Amnesty asks Obama

behaviour???

Human rights group Amnesty International has called on US president-elect Barack Obama to name a date for the closure of the Guantanamo Bay detention centre 'promptly after taking office' later this month.Amnesty, marking the 7th anniversary of the first transfers of terrorist suspect to the notorious detention centre at a US naval base in Cuba, said Obama should 'make a reality' of his commitment to end the human rights violations.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20090110/884/t...date-for-c.html

Thanks

B???

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MasterPo

• stevewinn

• behaviour???

• Pseudo Intellectual

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And where would he put all the detainees? In prisons throughout the US where they could easily escape?

I don't like Amnesty International. a group that should be seen and not heard with just over 20,000 paying members and 2 Million hangers on worldwide they don't speak with the voice of the people. But you'd think they'd at least let Obama get his feet under the table before they start harassing him. Obama has got more important things to address, like the growing unemployment which stands at 11% of the work force, and the general downturn in the economy. i think its only faire at this moment in time Obama gives Amnesty International the two finger salute.

Edited by stevewinn

I so love it when liberals are called to account for their beliefs! I'm sure he'll give a wishy-washy answer. B)