Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

UFO: the truth may not be out there after all

ufology ufo watchers

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#16    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,483 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostC235, on 05 November 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

But we should really bring one down & take it apart.

And risk angering aliens that obviously have a technological advantage over us?

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#17    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,739 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 05 November 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

And risk angering aliens that obviously have a technological advantage over us?

No worries, the aliens are way ahead on this.
They've stamped "Made in China" on the parts to throw us off. :passifier:

#18    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

lol mwuahahah i cant believe what i am reading ! ..    i cant believe someone could actually say something like this !  
the truth is simple ! NO MONEY NO HOUSE NO FOOD NO buying NICE EGUIPMENT NO RESEARCH NO UFO !  MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY !  

without money you cant do ""peeeeeep""      this is 1 of the most ugly articles that i ever had read ! bah bah bah

#19    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,739 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 05 November 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

lol mwuahahah i cant believe what i am reading ! .. i cant believe someone could actually say something like this !  
the truth is simple ! NO MONEY NO HOUSE NO FOOD NO buying NICE EGUIPMENT NO RESEARCH NO UFO !  MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY !  

without money you cant do ""peeeeeep""   this is 1 of the most ugly articles that i ever had read ! bah bah bah

Uh... are you OK?

#20    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

• 24,475 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

View PostC235, on 05 November 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

But we should really bring one down & take it apart.
I believe that's something President Romney is already working on. :gun:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#21    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

It stands to reason with the proliferation of hand-held cameras and cell phones with high mega-pixel cameras, that sighting should be going up, not down, IF there was a real phenomenon and IF the number of "visitations" remain static over the years. However many, if not most, of the photos and videos online seem to have been created or photoshopped, so it makes it difficult, if not impossible, to know if what you are looking at is real or created.

#22    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,404 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

View Post747400, on 05 November 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

I believe that's something President Romney is already working on. :gun:
You mean President Obama ! HE`s the Alien, or so the Right say`s As for Romney we all know He`s not of this world ! As for the thread ,Well Its like all threads about E.T. ! a waist of broad ban !
Well mostly,they come out at night mostly ! :alien: :whistle:

This is a Work in Progress!

#23    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,739 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 05 November 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

You mean President Obama ! HE`s the Alien, or so the Right say`s As for Romney we all know He`s not of this world ! As for the thread ,Well Its like all threads about E.T. ! a waist of broad ban !
Well mostly,they come out at night mostly ! :alien: :whistle:

And after a few too many beers, then the night stalkers come out!

Edited by pallidin, 05 November 2012 - 11:36 PM.

#24    AlienDan

AlienDan

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

Having 8+ years in UFO research, and once believing the majority of them where real, I now have learned a lot and sadly think the possibility of them being real is becoming less all the time. I still think it's very likely that there's real aliens, but the proof is just not good enough for me anymore. There are soooooo many stories, but they're just stories. So many of the good ones have turned out to be hoaxes, and the "lights in the sky" cases are still just lights in the sky. I want physical proof now, or a video that cannot be explained as CGI.

On top of that, nearly every decent UFO video on youtube is fake or explainable. Almost all "old" ufo photos are fake to. I used to do a lot of my own hoaxes and have learned how to easily identify fake photos and videos. I got into crop circles and learned they're all man made. Psychology plays a big factor in how much people believe to.

Edited by AlienDan, 06 November 2012 - 01:39 AM.

#25    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

Maybe some reporter had an epiphany and is claiming his personal view. And one can consider that the overall picture has changed, this day and age pale to the many and varied stories of the 50's and 60's. I know that many people go into UFOlogy, as I did myself, full of hope and loaded with optimism, only to find things are not what they seem.
I think someone might just be expressing their disillusionment at the heightened promises that UFOlogy offers. Reality is somewhat mundane by comparison. AKA the birth of another skeptic. But in public.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#26    Scudbuster

Scudbuster

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

• "This Train will stop at Tucumcari"

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

View PostTheGreatBeliever, on 05 November 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

Thats true i too am waiting for something to happen but to no avail. What if the roswell thing was really a weather balloon? Have also read about so many alien incidences but with no proof. Whether they r hiding the truth or not we never know. Anyway am still waiting...

Great Believer - it definitely was not a weather balloon:

#27    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

View PostScudbuster, on 06 November 2012 - 03:07 AM, said:

Great Believer - it definitely was not a weather balloon:

Well you could choose a Roswell thread to post incorrect information if you really need to do so. But I doubt you have a clue about balloon trains, I mean, how many people deal with 600 foot long balloon trains? And as such have not an idea in the world what you are dismissing, and Trowbridges opinion does not change that. Not only that but he was playing Bridge at the Marcel house according to his claim,

Trowbridge:

On this particular evening, we were having bridge at Major Marcel's home. [He?] was there in basket, my wife was there, all the Intelligence was there, playing bridge, except Jessie.

He was out with a pick-up, gathering the junk in this debris field. Okay.

So when we came in it was fairly late I believe, and we broke up the bridge game then, to go out and see was Jessie brought in. And it was of great interest.

LINK

On his way back to base he stopped at his home in the early hours of the morning. He awake his wife and his son, 11 year-old Jesse Marcel jnr.

Major Marcel spread some of the recovered material on the kitchen floor of his house and Jesse jnr was most intrigued by it. Little did either of them know then that they were to become involved in what has become known as the Roswell Incident.

LINK

So why does Marcels recollection differ greatly from Trowbridge? One says they were up playing cards, Jesse says he woke his wife and son. Jesse and his son argued until he died about the shape of the debris, neither could agree if the beams were square of I beams, both insisted each other wrong for Jessies whole life, and if looking for testimony, Brazels very own daughter described the debris form the field as looking like "a balloon that had burst" and Newton's signed affidavit has Marcel calling a RAWIN a piece of alien spaceship.

Could I trouble you to open a Roswell thread, and explain all that away before making grandiose statements that conflict next time please?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#28    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

View PostAlienDan, on 06 November 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

Having 8+ years in UFO research, and once believing the majority of them where real, I now have learned a lot and sadly think the possibility of them being real is becoming less all the time. I still think it's very likely that there's real aliens, but the proof is just not good enough for me anymore. There are soooooo many stories, but they're just stories. So many of the good ones have turned out to be hoaxes, and the "lights in the sky" cases are still just lights in the sky. I want physical proof now, or a video that cannot be explained as CGI.

On top of that, nearly every decent UFO video on youtube is fake or explainable. Almost all "old" ufo photos are fake to. I used to do a lot of my own hoaxes and have learned how to easily identify fake photos and videos. I got into crop circles and learned they're all man made. Psychology plays a big factor in how much people believe to.
Why did you use to do hoaxes?

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 06 November 2012 - 03:59 AM.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#29    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 06 November 2012 - 03:59 AM, said:

Why did you use to do hoaxes?

You might be surprised how many people get a chuckle out of stuff like this. Spitting from the freeway bridge has stepped up a notch. It's not jus UFOlogy by a long shot. Bigfootery relies on hoaxes to keep alive. Anthropology suffered Piltdown Man, Palaeontology the Brontosaurus, Nessie needs little introduction as one of the biggest hoaxes os all time, The Cottingley Fairies fooled Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Book of Mormon is a religious hoax, The Turk, The Giant of Cardiff, The Feejee mermaid, The Priory of Sion, heck there is quite a list out there outside of UFO circles, and it is a big one.

Don't feel special guys, it's not just you.

It's all good, I am here to make everyone feel better.

Posted Image

Edited by psyche101, 06 November 2012 - 04:48 AM.

#30    Gravitorbox

Gravitorbox

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

It is a shame but I am not surprised.

Too many insane people in the field who give in to wishful thinking and confirmation bias, too many hoaxes. I say this with a metric ton of UFO-related books on my shelf.

I think the belief that we're alone in the universe is probably false. But whether or not they're flying around abducting people is a whole different question.

"Everything we did was criticized. For about thirty years we lived with the world against us, accusing us of things we didn't do!"

- Ian Douglas Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users