Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Whitehouse Defending Obama's $100m Trip.

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1    Dredimus

Dredimus

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

President Obama is under fire for the price of the first family’s upcoming weeklong trip to Africa, which could cost taxpayers as much as $100 million at a time of federal budget cuts and furloughs.
The Obamas’ trip will take them to Senegal, Tanzania and South Africa from June 26 to July 3. The excursion will involve military cargo planes airlifting 56 support vehicles, including 14 limousines, and three trucks to carry bulletproof glass panels to cover the windows where the family is set to stay.

Linkage

When is it enough?

#2    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,874 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

Really?  100 Million dollars?  You'd think they could find someplace a bit more local.

#3    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

i assume America must be doing very well at the moment and he thinks he deserves a holiday that is mind boggingly expensive. 0.0

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#4    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

Obama and his family are over in my neck of the woods now... Michelle and the kids are off to Dublin, while Obama is in Enniskillen  ( County Fermanagh ) with the rest of the G8 leaders ...  I watched this on Sky News live this morning..He was giving a speech in Belfast.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#5    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

How about Obama pay for it himself, out of his own pocket?

#6    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

Another First Lady traveled with her own bath water.

When I see these figures, I don't only think how extravagant, wasteful and arrogant, but rather, $100,000,000!!!!$$$ Taxpayers are  getting ripped off somewhere. That is a ridiculous figure, an exorbitant amount of money. Something isn't right. I'd love to see a breakdown of the costs. $100,000,000!!! No friggin' way is that the best (least expensive) they could do even if they kept everything the same. Paying top dollar is the best the gov can do? Shop around, refuse to pay extraordinary figures  just because you are the U S govt. No wonder we are in a financial mess.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 17 June 2013 - 08:21 PM.

#7    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

View PostKowalski, on 17 June 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

How about Obama pay for it himself, out of his own pocket?

He can pay for my trip out of his pocket too.. I fancy an American tour, there are so many places in the US that are worth going to...My kid wants to first stop off at Memphis Tennessee to see Graceland, and we can crack on from there.. :P

Jokes aside, I would love a big tour like that.. So much to see over there... I always get stumpt when some Americans say - "Oh I would like to visit Ireland"...I think to myself, you guys have way more to see than us..America has everything...  Ireland has a few green fields, some sheep, ruins of a castle here and there and a blarney stone..Not to mention pubs everywhere, and youths throwing stones at the cops that drive by.!!  Sigh  lol

View PostQuiteContrary, on 17 June 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

Paying top dollar is the best the gov can do? Shop around, refuse to pay extraordinary figures  just because you are the U S govt. No wonder we are in a financial mess.

I know, they should have went to - http://www.travelsupermarket.com/  lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 17 June 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#8    Dredimus

Dredimus

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

Like the article pointed out. This money could have gone to restarting the whitehouse tours and that budget would last over 1000 weeks. Which would create a job or 50 in that area... which in turn would give something back to the economy... Thats just one way to handle the situation... think of all the other things that would benefit from $100m ....

#9    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

View PostDredimus, on 17 June 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

Like the article pointed out. This money could have gone to restarting the whitehouse tours and that budget would last over 1000 weeks. Which would create a job or 50 in that area... which in turn would give something back to the economy... Thats just one way to handle the situation... think of all the other things that would benefit from $100m ....

Good thinking..

#10    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,478 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 17 June 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

He can pay for my trip out of his pocket too.. I fancy an American tour, there are so many places in the US that are worth going to...My kid wants to first stop off at Memphis Tennessee to see Graceland, and we can crack on from there.. :P

Jokes aside, I would love a big tour like that.. So much to see over there... I always get stumpt when some Americans say - "Oh I would like to visit Ireland"...I think to myself, you guys have way more to see than us..America has everything...  Ireland has a few green fields, some sheep, ruins of a castle here and there and a blarney stone..Not to mention pubs everywhere, and youths throwing stones at the cops that drive by.!!  Sigh  

Well you've to to be rich or live very cheaply to see it all here. I've been here 33 years and haven't seen much. Our castles are very few and far between but I have been to one when I was a kid, Gillette's Castle http://www.ctriverva...tle_state_park/ and I don't remember it much but I'm sure it pales in comparison to the extraordinarily old castles and old history on your side of the ocean. I've been to Canada once though it was only Niagra falls which is hardly what I'd call visiting another country. Florida/Disneyland a few times. I got the hook up and get in for free when I go. Yes, that is awesome. Otherwise I've been to Las Vegas a couple times, Tennessee and a handful of New England states. A few other places but nothing noteworthy. I'd love to visit Europe and my fiancé especially wants to see Ireland but it's so dang expensive not to mention time consuming if you'd want to enjoy it.

Posted Image

#11    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,046 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 17 June 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

Less than five miles from Harteland.
Thankyew
Thankyewverymuch

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#12    EnderOTD

EnderOTD

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

This pretty messed up to be honest.  But the value of the us dollar has depreciated substantially in the past 10 years, in that very article it states that Clinton's visit to africa was somewhere in the tune of $30 million, and the cost of operating air force one has doubled since Bush's administration.  I'm not defending the Obamas as I have as much respect for obbie as the last 40 years of Oval office jokes our country has elected, just saying the cost of services had increased substantially in the last few years.

#13    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,046 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

A large part of the cost is security.

I read that they're shipping 14 bulletproof limos.  They have shipped and are installing bulletproof glass in the windows of the hotels where they are staying.

Africa is extremely dangerous. So much so that one wonders why any president would go there, rather than have African leaders come here, where they might be mugged, but not beheaded and dragged through the streets (usually.)

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#14    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

View PostF3SS, on 17 June 2013 - 08:53 PM, said:

Well you've to to be rich or live very cheaply to see it all here. I've been here 33 years and haven't seen much. Our castles are very few and far between but I have been to one when I was a kid, Gillette's Castle http://www.ctriverva...tle_state_park/ and I don't remember it much but I'm sure it pales in comparison to the extraordinarily old castles and old history on your side of the ocean. I've been to Canada once though it was only Niagra falls which is hardly what I'd call visiting another country. Florida/Disneyland a few times. I got the hook up and get in for free when I go. Yes, that is awesome. Otherwise I've been to Las Vegas a couple times, Tennessee and a handful of New England states. A few other places but nothing noteworthy. I'd love to visit Europe and my fiancé especially wants to see Ireland but it's so dang expensive not to mention time consuming if you'd want to enjoy it.

I'll make a deal for you - If I win Tue night £122 million, I will give you my home for free and buy you a visa if you want it, heck I'll even give you your own Irish pub to run, invite everyone over..... And then , I would be off to travel...Some nice spots in Europe and the USA..I almost forgot Australia .  It would be expensive, but one can only dream for now...

View PostHarte, on 17 June 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

Less than five miles from Harteland.
Thankyew
Thankyewverymuch

Harte

Lucky you... I love the southern accent and the hospitality...If I were to visit, I would take in a few southern states...and Disney of course..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 17 June 2013 - 09:12 PM.

#15    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,478 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 17 June 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

I'll make a deal for you - If I win Tue night £122 million, I will give you my home for free and buy you a visa if you want it, heck I'll even give you your own Irish pub to run, invite everyone over..... And then , I would be off to travel...Some nice spots in Europe and the USA..I almost forgot Australia .  It would be expensive, but one can only dream for now...

Lucky you... I love the southern accent and the hospitality...If I were to visit, I would take in a few southern states...and Disney of course..
Lol thanks, I'll hold you to it.  Me and my lady wouldn't mind downing a few rounds in a Irish pub, a real one. Only thing you need to constitute and Irish pub in this country is green neons, four leaf clover images and a visible leprechaun poster somewhere. There's a few good ones but they're mostly as I described. And if you hold up your bargain I'll see what I can do about my Disney hook up not that your rich ass will need it but it's the gesture that counts.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users