Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Multiple bigfoot creatures in Patterson film.

Columbo

I have recently heard someone in an interview, I think it was one of the Project Camelot interviews, talk about the fact that the case of the incident in the famous Patterson film has been covered up by the powers that be, and that there was actually a whole pack of Sasquatches passing by at the time of the film, but that has been covered up. They even said that people out there were shooting them all the time and skinning them. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Ok, just a friendly bit of advice Partner, if you're going to start asking for opinions then you really need to post up the links to film and interviews for us to see for ourselves. Can't speak for anyone else but I don't want to waste a lot of time looking and not finding it or finding the wrong one.

Sounds completely like bunk to me. I'll discuss the possibliity that Patty was a real bigfoot till doomsday, but I believe pointing out stumps and rocks in video stills and calling them bigfoots is really not helping and just adds to the Stupidity that is labeled onto all Believers and those on the Fence.

And where were their footprints? They all walked in Patty's, I suppose.

Clever beasties those foots.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

And where were their footprints? They all walked in Patty's, I suppose.

Clever beasties those foots.

Ever considered that the 2 never saw the other bigfoots in the footage, and it was only just recently spotted?

Ever considered that the 2 never saw the other bigfoots in the footage, and it was only just recently spotted?

If your "2" refers to Patterson and Gimlin then yes. They never saw all the others and this multiple bigfoot theory is recent.

My remark was in reference to how Patterson and Gimlin had missed multiple bf tracks, since a group of them had walked the area.

But I was also being as silly as the multiple bigfoot theory is to me.

I have recently heard someone in an interview, I think it was one of the Project Camelot interviews, talk about the fact that the case of the incident in the famous Patterson film has been covered up by the powers that be, and that there was actually a whole pack of Sasquatches passing by at the time of the film, but that has been covered up. They even said that people out there were shooting them all the time and skinning them. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Who are these Powers that be? How can they cover up just about anything? Why?

You mean "recently spotted" in one of the most analyzed films of all time?

I heard someplace that they admitted the film was a fake. The it was all staged hoping to get rich off the film. I would like to see more proof on this. Rather than just tracks or a hair sample. I still find it strange that a dead body has never been found. Makes you wonder

You mean "recently spotted" in one of the most analyzed films of all time?

Recently as in Patterson and Gimli never made a big deal over there being more than 1 bigfoot.

Why cover up the fact that there were other bigfoot and leave one on view?

Also, if people were shooting and skinning them, where is all this evidence which would prove once and for all the existence of these mythical creatures?

I also find it hard to believe that two people can see one bigfoot and film it, yet fail to see the others moving around!

Keninsc, learn to read, he asked if you had heard about it, not if you'd like a research job.

Space_Jockey, any governmental and even private enterprise can cover up whatever they feel like, as proved by the fact governments have "classified" statuses and can jail anyone for reasons of national security, or the Church, which has historically used manipulation, coercion, and torture in order to hush information they deem dangerous to the religion. (Do I think this is the case, no, but you're still an idiot if you think information cannot be hidden)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concerning the post: Highly unlikely for the above reasons, though I have the tact not to act like a 10 year old with Google access about it. As many times as this video has been analyzed, both with outdated and modern technology, it's completely unfeasible nobody noticed extra Bigfoots (aka bushes) and that no one would come forward with a live or dead specimen (although by all accounts this creature is intelligent, and it would have to be to avoid detection for as long as it has, and therefore may have burial rites consistent with ancient civilizations) is a stretch indeed. Fun fact: it has recently been proven that a man cannot possibly walk the way the "creature" does through the use of motion capture sequencing...

If you film it they will come

Keninsc, learn to read, he asked if you had heard about it, not if you'd like a research job.

Space_Jockey, any governmental and even private enterprise can cover up whatever they feel like, as proved by the fact governments have "classified" statuses and can jail anyone for reasons of national security, or the Church, which has historically used manipulation, coercion, and torture in order to hush information they deem dangerous to the religion. (Do I think this is the case, no, but you're still an idiot if you think information cannot be hidden)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concerning the post: Highly unlikely for the above reasons, though I have the tact not to act like a 10 year old with Google access about it. As many times as this video has been analyzed, both with outdated and modern technology, it's completely unfeasible nobody noticed extra Bigfoots (aka bushes) and that no one would come forward with a live or dead specimen (although by all accounts this creature is intelligent, and it would have to be to avoid detection for as long as it has, and therefore may have burial rites consistent with ancient civilizations) is a stretch indeed. Fun fact: it has recently been proven that a man cannot possibly walk the way the "creature" does through the use of motion capture sequencing...

If-you-dont-have-sense-of-humor.jpg

That is also a " funny "....Sometimes, especially on certain topics, people like to have a little fun.....No harm in it if used as humor, and not insults.

Welcome to UM by the way.... :tu:

• Like 3

Well, well, well, aren't we a testy little newby?

• Like 6

Anyone who sees multiple bigfoots in the PG footage is almost certainly succumbing to confirmation bias-driven pareidolia. This story is nothing more than slapping some new tread on a very old, very worn-out tire by the bigfoot community/industry. Anything to generate some buzz and sell more BF hunting expeditions to rubes and nutjobs.

Could P&G afford that many suits?

Probably not, didn't Patterson have trouble paying the rental on the camera?

Local fancy-dress shop rentals maybe? ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb

I personally feel the P&G footage is real,but both sides do have good cases for & against and I can't see any extra Bigfoot in the footage & that doesnt mean that they might not be there as a lot of animals do have natural camouflage.

I was a teen at the time and devouring any Bigfoot news I could get my hands on. Never heard of "shooting them all the time and skinning them"

I wouldnt see why there would be a "cover up". Only a few hundred years ago the Mountain Gorilla was a myth, people could handle that, I think finding a BIgfoot wouldnt lead to anarchy....

as for the Patterson film itself....while nobody has successfully debunked it (that I know of), its not good enough for "proof" in my book either

but I'd love it to be true

Who are these Powers that be? How can they cover up just about anything? Why?

That is a good question, I don't know why "they" would want to cover up big foot evidence.

I heard someplace that they admitted the film was a fake. The it was all staged hoping to get rich off the film. I would like to see more proof on this. Rather than just tracks or a hair sample. I still find it strange that a dead body has never been found. Makes you wonder

They have never found a dead body in the wild for the same reason you never find the dead body of any animal in the wild, it does not last long!

Why cover up the fact that there were other bigfoot and leave one on view?

Also, if people were shooting and skinning them, where is all this evidence which would prove once and for all the existence of these mythical creatures?

I also find it hard to believe that two people can see one bigfoot and film it, yet fail to see the others moving around!

That is a really good point.

They have never found a dead body in the wild for the same reason you never find the dead body of any animal in the wild, it does not last long!

Ok so, all these bones they have in museums are fake then?

You obviously don't get out much in the woods. I've found skeletal remains of all sorts of creatures in my travels afield. Elk, deer, bear, I have the claws from a grizzly bear which I took from a skeletal carcass.........which is actually illegal for me to have in some states, but what the hey, I found it.

Keep in mind that if these creatures did exist someone would have found something by now, a hunter would have shot one (during deer season there are most guys with gun out in the woods than I care to think about) or there would be something in the fossil record of their existence. Granted skeletons do decompose or get eaten or carried off by other creatures, but something as large as a Bigfoot would take some time.

Edited by keninsc
  • Like 3