Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Satanic Ritual Landmark in Massachusettes

Timon

Hi, I'm a long time reader of these forums, but have yet to have any posts. Mainly because i don't really have any truthful genuine mysteries to share. But then i remembered that I do have one so here it is.

I live in Fall River, Massachusetts atleast I grew up there, i moved to Rhode Island with my wife and kid, but i still work in Fall River and visit my parents there all the time. Fall River is a mess, it used to be the leading textile manufactoring city in America but all the money made here went to places like providence and boston, no money ever went back into the city, so as the textile industry went down so did the city. They built a highway through the giant waterfall which was the beautiful piece of mother nature that Fall River got its name from. The falls were before my time but i've seen picture and wish they left it intact cause it looked beautiful. So basically this city had a golden age and has been going in a downward spiral ever since. Drugs and petty crime have plagued this city as long as i can remember and i don't really see a way out save moving away to greener pastures.

So now on to the good stuff. In the 1970s Fall River was really bad, crime, drugs and pimps were at a record high. In the midst of all this, satanic ritualistic murders were happening, 2 in 1979 and another in 1980. Information about these murders can be found in the book Mortal Remains here is a link.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006109958...9404724?ie=UTF8

And a summary of the murders can be found here

http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkillers/D/DREW_carl_h.php

So basically the story is this pimp would have rituals at this shack in the woods and on diffrent occasions sacrificed two people there, the guy was eventually caught and is serving life in prison. Thing is this shack still stands today and since the publicity of the murders it has made sort of a legacy for itself. People around here call it the "icehouse," why i don't know.

But cultist wackos seem to flock to this place almost regularly. They go there to do weird rituals, sacrifice animals and who knows what else. Its located in what we here in Fall River call the "Rez," basically its a large forest area that surrounds our water rezivour.

Here is a map.

http://www.google.com/maphp?hl=en&q=&a...mp;t=k&om=1

I realize that the map doesn't show much, but finding a shack in the woods from pictures from a satellite is kind of difficult, but it is in this rather large forest area that the icehouse resides. There are allot unnamed roads that cut all through this area and if you go out there you better have 4wd cause the dirt roads are rather treacherous. Oh and there are no lights what so ever out there so its dark as hell.

So back in the day when i was in high school we would always take rides out there and frequently pass by the icehouse, its actually not that hard to get too, plus you can see it from the road. We would take rides out there basically cause the police were never out there so it was a good place to take a long ride and smoke pot.

i've passed the icehouse many times and have even seen meetings go on. Well rather i've seen a bunch of cars parked near it and the hustle and bustle of people hanging out there at night. i've never got out of the car to investigate these meeting, basically because I didn't really want to meet people who like to hanging out in a shack were people were ritualistically murdered.

i've been in the icehouse during the day on two occasions and have seen the blood stained floor inside. Not human blood mind you, but the blood of animals sacrifices, i would assume animals cause i've never heard of anymore murders out there, but really who knows what goes on at weird meetings out in the woods.

There is a large pentagram painted in the center of the shack and graffiti all over the walls. Most is just "666's" and "this is the devils house" and other various cultist slogans. Actually i remember seeing a depiction of a demon face or something painted on the wall that was actually a pretty well done piece of artwork, morbid, but still a well done graffiti job.

So to this day people talk about the weird rituals and meeting that go one out there and in the local news and papers you will here about the occasional animal parts found on the road leading into the rez, I remember one report about the police finding a cows head on the road leading into the rez once.

So thats basically it, just a weird shack in the woods made famous by a few murders 20 years ago that has now became a cult playground. I guess the history of the shack is what draws wierdos to it. But be forewarned if you do attempt to see this place for yourself be careful out there, the roads are sh**ty and it gets real dark there at night I'm mean real dark, and if you don't know your way around getting lost is easy. Plus there are weirdos in there up to no good, so don't go alone.

I haven't been there in awhile and i was thinking of actually taking a trip to it sometime, when i do ill try to write down some decent directions to it and even take some pictures of it and post um. But you can bet it will be pictures taken in the daylight even I'm not stupid enough to hang around inside that place at night, not that anything would actually happen, its just a really creepy place.

Sorry for any grammer errors.

Edited by Timon

Intersting story dear!! Would be neat to have a video camcorder to go out there at night with just to see if you can catch anything on tape.

I too grew up in good old Fall River, MA. Hah! What a small world. I moved to the south to get some warm weather and just moved to an even weirder place...New Orleans.

I've read that book Mortal Remains, and I've also seen some rather odd things going on in that forest at night. Once a friend of mine and I scared the pants of a few teens that were trying to perform some ritual. They though we were what they were trying to summon. I never saw folks run that fast. But i've also heard noises that i couldn't explain as either animal or human. I've seen things moving in the trees that have a strange gate to them and were moving rather quickly. I've seen blue glows and spirits in the fog that frequently gathers on those back roads.

For almost a year I drove to and from work through the back roads from New Bedford to Fall River for work and at times i'd be coming out well after dark. THe place does have an other worldly vibe to it. There have probably been a lot of things that have gone on there that have built up over time. I'm sure i've ever seen this house, but perhaps when I get up there to visit family I can go looking for it again.

I also lived near Oak Grove Cemetery - where Lizzie Borden and her family are buried. There have been sightings of rituals going on there at night in the old Masonic tombs and also near her family's plot. Also a lot of unexplained lights and spectres have been seen walking in the cemetery.

You are right, the strange and unusual and a place's history draws people.

We get that here in New Orleans more often than not. Plenty of odd things happen around here, though most of the locals are either used to it or don't pay attention to strange dissapearences or the occasional animal part found somewhere. Voodoo is still practiced here and so it Santoria.

If you ever feel like taking a drive up to northern MA, there's state forest area called Harold Parker State Forest. Much like Freetown State Forest, a lot of strange things have gone on there. Joggers have gone missing, red glows are reportedly seen between the trees and psychically sensitive people don't want to go near the place...

I've personally been through it a few times, and to be honest I still don't like to talk about what I saw in that place. I do know that I found bloody clothing, I saw trees that glowed and rocks that moved. I was with a constable - who reported the shirt in that we found. No bodies have been found though. The legend has it that there was an Indian massacre in that area a few hundred years back and that the restless and vengeful spirits have created some sort of energy vortex - just nasty energy

Nice, its good to see another Fall River native on these boards.

You know what I'm talking about then, those woods are a really strange place. I was talking to my friend right after i made the first post, he was one of the people i used to go out there with. He was telling me that nobody really knows for sure if it was in that exact spot where he ritualistically killed those women, but its where people believe he did it. Cultist weirdos it seems accept it as the spot also, probably why the claimed for themselves.

He was also telling me that the pimp/murderer was trying to summon a demon out in those woods, each murder seemed to be a failed attempt thats why he kept bringing women out there and sacrificing them. Thats also why he is considered a serial killer. Pretty sick.

Like I said before when i go back out I'll get the proper directions and photos and I'll post um.

Now that is what I call creepy, forget the ghosties it's the living weirdos you have to watch! :blink:

Edited by Anvil

Nice, its good to see another Fall River native on these boards.

You know what I'm talking about then, those woods are a really strange place. I was talking to my friend right after i made the first post, he was one of the people i used to go out there with. He was telling me that nobody really knows for sure if it was in that exact spot where he ritualistically killed those women, but its where people believe he did it. Cultist weirdos it seems accept it as the spot also, probably why the claimed for themselves.

He was also telling me that the pimp/murderer was trying to summon a demon out in those woods, each murder seemed to be a failed attempt thats why he kept bringing women out there and sacrificing them. Thats also why he is considered a serial killer. Pretty sick.

Like I said before when i go back out I'll get the proper directions and photos and I'll post um.

I believe that one of not part of both of the killings took place in Westport at some campground, or that is at least what the book Mortal Remains, suggested. I was fortunate enough to talk to a retired detective that actually worked on that case. He said there was so much controversy over how police investigated it and the fact that it was "occult" was really kept hushed up until after the trials. I've never been to the Ice House personally - nor did I know about it until your post.

I am not old enough - born the same year the murders were committed - to recall anything first hand. I know what I've read and have been told, so I am always curious as to what it was like at that time - it being current events.

Also there is a saying i had on this bumber sticker once "Some things exist whether you believe in the or not". The woods in Massachusetts, as with any long-inhabited area, are filled with spirits and entities that most never see or would recognize even if they did. I've dealt enough with the unexplained on the personal level to not be suprised that he tried to summon something...wether it be the devil or no. Who knows if he suceeded? From what I have read - there was an article not to long ago about him being up for parole or some aniversary - and it stated that he never mentions anything about the occult to other inmates or guards. Perhaps it was a teenage phase...who knows.

• 6 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Where is this icehouse?

Any advice on spending the night out in the FSF? Particularly near the Icehouse?

I don't think either of you will get a reply. This thread hasn't been posted in since 2006, and the OP hasn't been active on this site since 2008.

• Like 2