Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Military movements west of Chicago

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

#46    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,115 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

View Postrashore, on 15 March 2013 - 12:15 AM, said:

Soooo.... I've heard in from Chitown friends.. Some unusual military movements going on today. Two air movements reported.
And reported as well has been convoy movement, Rockford way along highway 39.
Of course, this all could be normal, and perfectly explainable...

of course, the president's visit to the Argonne National Laboratory today for a green energy speech.

I'm not trying to CT

yes. you are

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#47    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

View PostEinsteinium, on 15 March 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

Our military is made up of us. Of people who feel the call to duty and come from communities all around the country. They are sworn to uphold the constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic. I know some soldiers and I have talked with them extensively about some of the issues some of you are afraid of. Let me tell you, if Obama or any other president gives them orders to round up/fire upon/or otherwise hurt American citizens or do anything against the constitution. It is not going to be our doors getting kicked in and our children and families being taken to jail. It is going to be the people in government who would order such an atrocity. Our soldiers, commanders, generals, etc. would not stand for that. They would not do it.

They would fight against it.

View PostEinsteinium, on 15 March 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

Our military is made up of us. Of people who feel the call to duty and come from communities all around the country. They are sworn to uphold the constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic. I know some soldiers and I have talked with them extensively about some of the issues some of you are afraid of. Let me tell you, if Obama or any other president gives them orders to round up/fire upon/or otherwise hurt American citizens or do anything against the constitution. It is not going to be our doors getting kicked in and our children and families being taken to jail. It is going to be the people in government who would order such an atrocity. Our soldiers, commanders, generals, etc. would not stand for that. They would not do it.

They would fight against it.

I agree with ya on that! My sis served in Iraq, and my other sis is married to an officer in the Air Force, and they have two small children.
God Bless Our Military!

#48    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,776 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 15 March 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

What the? I have no clue what has just bee said, say it again
Something about threats from North Korea and troop movements in response to it as well as nuclear powered warships being on alert (I think) :w00t:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#49    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,639 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

View Postninjadude, on 16 March 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

of course, the president's visit to the Argonne National Laboratory today for a green energy speech.

yes. you are

Ah Ninja, you must not pay attention to me in the CT areas- I'm usually making calm statements of rationality. I really did mean it when I said it could be perfectly explainable. And when I heard gossip about Obama coming, I commented on that too, though it was the morning after my initial post.
I didn't think there was anything CT about this- It was just the kind of unusual thing that UM likes to gossip over. Usually I don't post up gossip, and it was bad on my part to put up the OP without irrefutable proof that it was not a CT and was perfectly explainable.

And you are right Ninja... The way you edited my OP, it does sound rather CT-ish. You did do a lovely job at pulling the right sound bites to make it sound that way, as good of a job as I've often seen news networks and CT sites spinning bias on their stories.

As such, since I did not meant to CT, I will ask the mods to shut down the thread.

#50    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 40,980 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

View Postrashore, on 16 March 2013 - 03:17 PM, said:

Ah Ninja, you must not pay attention to me in the CT areas- I'm usually making calm statements of rationality. I really did mean it when I said it could be perfectly explainable. And when I heard gossip about Obama coming, I commented on that too, though it was the morning after my initial post.
I didn't think there was anything CT about this- It was just the kind of unusual thing that UM likes to gossip over. Usually I don't post up gossip, and it was bad on my part to put up the OP without irrefutable proof that it was not a CT and was perfectly explainable.

And you are right Ninja... The way you edited my OP, it does sound rather CT-ish. You did do a lovely job at pulling the right sound bites to make it sound that way, as good of a job as I've often seen news networks and CT sites spinning bias on their stories.

As such, since I did not meant to CT, I will ask the mods to shut down the thread.
*Thread Closed*

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users