Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

50% okay with having an openly gay President

Pseudo Intellectual

60 Minutes/Vanity Fair Poll

Would YOU SUPPORT OR OPPOSE having an openly gay person serve in any of the following roles?

President: 50% support, 44% oppose.

Supreme Court justice: 55% support, 40% oppose.

Secretary of state: 56% support, 39% oppose.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• Neognosis

• Pseudo Intellectual

• Drj312

I don't care what the Prez does in his (or her) bedroom, and I'll be their biggest fan if he or she gets rid of NAFTA. Sexual orientation doesn't have anything to do with a person's ability to govern.

HW Bush is a closet homosexual..... just listen to his tone when he speaks.... thats the first clue.

I don't know about that, GlassButterfly. I mean, I wouldn't want us to, say, give up our sovereignty to Russia because hot Putin seduced our President. :hmm:

Well, it's a step in the right direction, although I suppose that the kind of people we expect will be angry about this will be angry about this.

I suppose that the kind of people we expect will be angry about this will be angry about this.

LOL so true. I can't see it happening anytime soon though.

Well, it's a step in the right direction, although I suppose that the kind of people we expect will be angry about this will be angry about this.

While free speech and a freedom of rights is encouraged and protected, I don't feel that means we should be electing extreme sides to represent the majority of this nation. There's a reason why we don't allow non-native-born citizens to become President. At some point there needs to be a line drawn that says..."this represents the population, and this does not". I think having a President that is open to the idea of homosexuality and homosexual rights is alright, but electing an actual homosexual president? That's just opening Pandora's box. The opposite end of that extreme perspective would be putting an openly Gay-hating President into office. Neither one is what this country needs. The middle-ground is what should be accepted.

I have no issue with a homosexual running this country, as long as he delivers on his promises, and doesn't bankrupt our economy....

While free speech and a freedom of rights is encouraged and protected, I don't feel that means we should be electing extreme sides to represent the majority of this nation. There's a reason why we don't allow non-native-born citizens to become President. At some point there needs to be a line drawn that says..."this represents the population, and this does not". I think having a President that is open to the idea of homosexuality and homosexual rights is alright, but electing an actual homosexual president? That's just opening Pandora's box. The opposite end of that extreme perspective would be putting an openly Gay-hating President into office. Neither one is what this country needs. The middle-ground is what should be accepted.

merely being gay is an extreme, is it? not all of them are unduly extreme.

merely being gay is an extreme, is it? not all of them are unduly extreme.

It IS an extreme...because it is not the norm...and it is far from the norm. It's extreme on a natural level--because homosexuality does not allow for the reproduction of a species...that pretty much nullifies the fact that Homosexuality was ever intended to be a norm by nature's laws. As for the values that Homosexuality corrupts--such as family values and the negative psychological effects it has on children raised in those families...it's definitely not a message we want to be sending to the world...or our citizens. The deterioration of family values is another thing crippling this nation.

I don't know about that, GlassButterfly. I mean, I wouldn't want us to, say, give up our sovereignty to Russia because hot Putin seduced our President. :hmm:

Well you didnt lose anything when Thatcher and Reagan were in power did you? Besides, Putin "hot"? Ewwwwwww. Maybe it is because I am not gay but the man aint my idea of a dreamboat for anybody. Now if you had said the French Prez wife Woo Hooo!

Maybe it is because I am not gay but the man aint my idea of a dreamboat for anybody.

:wub:;)

HW Bush is a closet homosexual..... just listen to his tone when he speaks.... thats the first clue.

That is shockingly intolerant, especially for someone with the username acidhead. I really don't think a person's speaking tone has anything to do with their sexual preference.

60 Minutes/Vanity Fair Poll

President: 50% support, 44% oppose.

Supreme Court justice: 55% support, 40% oppose.

Secretary of state: 56% support, 39% oppose.

i thought we currently had a gay secretary of state.

That is shockingly intolerant, especially for someone with the username acidhead. I really don't think a person's speaking tone has anything to do with their sexual preference.

It was funny though ;)

As long as he does his duties (heh, get it?), I'm okay with it.

Would be a bit odd seeing a dude as the first lady too.

Picture in your mind HW Bush saying, "Oh my God!"....

....he's definitely a gay man.

Sorry fruits, the President of the United States will never be someone who bends over and takes it.

Since when?

Nibs

whole lot of ignorance flying around here... as expected.

J.Edgar Hoover was head of the FBI for a long time.

Yes he was.... apparently he was offered an honor and he honored that offer and all night long he was on him and offer..... :lol:

Than when he resigned - so did the length of his highly regarded Federal position.

Edited by acidhead

3497_540.jpg

It's a joke.

that pretty much nullifies the fact that Homosexuality was ever intended to be a norm by nature's laws.

Are you invoking the naturalistic fallacy? I don't see how "nature's law" should in any way dictate us.

Edited by gabe

I just died.... LOL

I know, but after I laughed I had a vision burned into my brain of Bush walking in a garden holding hands and sharing kiss's with the King of Saudi Arabia. If anyone has screwed a President from behind it's Saudi Arabia.