Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hands resist him

UM-Bot

Hands resist him

news icon
Click here to watch video - 02:05s

"The Hands Resist Him "the painting carried some form of curse. Their eBay description claimed that the characters in the painting moved during the night, and that they would sometimes leave the painting and enter the room in which it was being displayed.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• GreyWeather

• goalienan

• EC Plus

That picture is really disturbing...I remember reading that the owners kids would say the boy and girl came out of the painting at night and would scare them...Also the story goes that whoever owns the painting has an untimely death....

We need to find out who painted the painting and try to solve the mystery? Why did he/she drew that painting? When was it painted?

So so creepy! The music didn't help either. I remember watching a show that had a haunted painting where the owner died too. I wonder if it is based off of this.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you'll find a clever hoax by the painter in order to make a bit of cash off ebay. Merely feeding the imagination and letting it run.

I think you'll find a clever hoax by the painter in order to make a bit of cash off ebay. Merely feeding the imagination and letting it run.

As a bit of an artist myself, It would be very difficult to create a painting that appears to change, especially with the mouth appearing to open. I think the painter was a bit strange painting something so disturbing in the first place...Freaky!! Has anyone else scrolled along to see the ghost footage of the little girl mable. The second one by the same person will definitely give me nightmares. The start of the footage starts at a white door. Check it out if you haven't already. PS: Soupy, your avatar is fantastic!

Edited by Greenthing

I want to know what the little girl is clutching.

it looks like its a bottle with a crazy straw, to me.

• 7 months later...

Not only is it creepy but ugly too. :td:

It wouldn't last 2 seconds in my home. I would take a pair of scissors to it.

That's my version of art criticism.

• 1 year later...

Old thread, but something I looked up today when the thought "hey, wasn't there a haunted painting out and about when I was in high school" popped into my head.

1) The artist didn't start the urban legend, if it is just that. It was a previous owner of it who thought it would make a better sale on ebay. When the painter heard about it, he kind of thought it was surprising, if not funny.

2) An art lover asked him to paint a sequel to it, showing the characters older. It's called Resistance at the Threshold. ... No clue if it too is spook-filled :blink:

resistanceatthethreshol.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I freaking love that painting. It's so twisted. Yes, it's ugly but it reminds me of the random creepy illustrations on paperback copies of Lovecraft anthologies. The first time I saw it I actually felt off-balance, like sick. It doesn't bother me anymore.

Oh, and the doll is holding a dry cell battery.

Edited by Alternative Delirium