Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange lights in the sky over Columbus, Ohio

GoPlayonAhighway

Mass sighting of strange moving lights in Columbus, Ohio. This seems to be happening more and more frequently lately. The government should come out with a somewhat believable explanation as to why this is becoming a common occurrence. That would put some people's minds at ease, and possibly help restore some trust between the US government and it's citizens.

lanterns, Thats why they all snuff out at a similar time, you see their flame get brighter then....snuffs out

2 minutes on google... mystery solved.

On July 3rd, 2015, this year’s annual Red, White and Boom! Festivities in Columbus will include two special performances by Team Fastrax™. The Team is scheduled to perform not only their American Flag Skydive, but also their pyro performance.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/07/prweb12828974.htm

UFO no more.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 3

Mass sighting of strange moving lights in Columbus, Ohio. This seems to be happening more and more frequently lately. The government should come out with a somewhat believable explanation as to why this is becoming a common occurrence. That would put some people's minds at ease, and possibly help restore some trust between the US government and it's citizens.

Why should "the government" come out with an explanation, especially when those of a certain mindset would discount it anyway as a cover-up. Which part of "the government" should come clean?

Particularly when the mystery's been solved, and "the government" had nothing to do with it.

Do lanterns normally follow each other? I would guess the wind at those levels would be too turbulent to snuff out a lantern completely because they looked to be at least cloud level. Those look like altocumulus clouds so that would be about 6K to 7K feet approximately and they were going in and out of the cloud mass.

Do lanterns normally follow each other? I would guess the wind at those levels would be too turbulent to snuff out a lantern completely because they looked to be at least cloud level. Those look like altocumulus clouds so that would be about 6K to 7K feet approximately and they were going in and out of the cloud mass.

it's skydivers doing a pyro show.

Thanks everyone for figuring this out so quickly. I was thinking lanterns because we pick them up every 4th of July, but the cloud issue that was pointed out made that very unlikely.

Thanks everyone for figuring this out so quickly. I was thinking lanterns because we pick them up every 4th of July, but the cloud issue that was pointed out made that very unlikely.

My initial thought was lanterns, as well. After that (before even reading the explanations in the thread) I thought "Hm, well... it COULD also be skydivers with flares on their legs". Turns out the latter was correct...

This video gives me the same disappointment I felt the day I stood inline for 3 minutes to get my football autographed by Stanton Friedman. I went home looked him up online and realised he wasn't a football star at all. I guess that did explain why only four people were inline.

• Like 1

No. Just NO. It's a 2D image (gee, like every photo or video...). 2D images contain ZERO depth information, and there are only a couple of ways you can infer distance. In this case there are absolutely NO visual cues that they went 'in and out of the cloud mass'. Just because they were inline with any clouds means nothing, and you most certainly CANNOT see any clues that the clouds were in front of them..

As for the video, what a load. Some moving lights, around 4 July, during an event involving skydivers with pyro, sky lantenrs, etc.. Gee, must be aliens..

'Secureteam 10' can now be added to the list of wide-eyd infantile ufo=alienz tinfoilhatters.

• Like 2

Ohio must be boring

Oh, it is. I'm guessing you've never been there.

And what ChrLzs said.

Do lanterns normally follow each other?

Yes, they are usually released within seconds of each other and will follow the same currents

5dd314c0040fae385bc984d8ec22f466.jpg

6668ccc3e8c8f41126cedbadef73e3a4.jpg

Edited by seeder

Yes, they are usually released within seconds of each other and will follow the same currents

That obviously means they're intelligently controlled.

• Like 1