Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Great Global Food Gap

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

Njuggle

• 9,257 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

http://www.dailymail...ost_read_module

This article is mainly made up of photos of families from around the world posing with a week's worth of food ...... with how much it costs them. Personally, I find it fascinating(and sad), to see the differences, especially when I think of some of the 'debates' I've been involved in here about what constitutes healthy eating! Bit depressing to see so much Coca Cola on show ..... even in the poor households.

Of course it's difficult to make a proper comparison because there are so many variables involved: wages, availability of 'free' food(homegrown or hunted/fished), local climate, local availability of food, local food prices etc. etc. Some families apparently survive on little more than bread or rice.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,148 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

That was something.  Some people exist on grains while lots of people buy that coke and pizza.  Such a variation in what was spent to.  I wouldn't mind eating with the Japanese for a week, liked the looks of that fish as long as it wasn't raw.

#3    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

Suddenly I realize how well we eat at home. I instituted a "minimum refined sugar and salt" rule and what a difference it's been making. Neither of us can finish a can of Coke now - it's too sweet!

Makes me uncomfortable seeing that black family loaded with pizzas and Coke...can't possibly be good for growing minds :unsure2:

By the way, food is stupid expensive here. We regularly spend ~$150/week to feed just two of us!

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#4    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,007 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

If you didn't see the people, but just the food for each, you could easily see with countries had an obesity problem.
(Mongolia looks pretty damn good)

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users