Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Most Mind-Blowing Coincidences of All Time.

weiroMatt

Last year I out of town for the night with my partner in a city we've never been to.

Whilst we were in the pub we got talking to another couple who asked where we from, When we told them they said oh we were there a few years ago for a funeral. Turns out it was ny nans funeral and they were her distant cousins.

• Like 8

Very nice list and vid presented by the OP.

One night I was watching a Friday rerun of Johnny Carson who had George Burns on as a guest. George Burns was talking about an episode of the old Burns and Allen TV show. After that was over I changed channels, and one station was playing the old Burns and Allen TV show, and it was the same episode that George Burns had been talking about on the Johnny Carson show.

• Like 7

A buddy of mine from California was visiting Berlin.

Being an artist, he stopped in a random art gallery to browse.

He was stunned to see himself in the background of a photo that the artist snapped on Venice Beach some 10 years earlier.

• Like 9

Or the British man who was wanting to find his long lost daughter from a previous marriage.

His ex wife had left him over 10 years prior and he hadn't seen her since...

After failing to find his daughter, he appealed to a newspaper to run his story to help him find her.

They agreed and set up a time to meet at a coffee shop and get his info and snap a picture.

When the picture was printed, it worked, he found his daughter almost immediately. At the time the photographer snapped the photo, his ex wife and daughter were walking across the street behind him in the photo.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1302189/Photo-father-looking-long-lost-daughter-reveals-background.html

• Like 6

There was also a book, a work of fiction that gave an almost perfectly detailed account of the attack on Pearl Harbor. Written fifteen or so years before the actual attack. In fact many have wondered if it didn't serve as the inspiration for the attack.

• Like 2

That reminded me of a random guy in a bar who said where are you from and I said I'm sure you never heard of it, and he responded "I know happy camp" which is where I grew up and we weren't any where near that town which is pop less than 1000 it wasn't a very likely guess lol

• Like 2

A friend of mine went on holiday to Australia and whilst she was sat outside a cafe a regular customer in the shop she worked in walked past, She even got a picture of them both

• Like 2

I don't know if this counts, but Giorgia Moffet is The Doctors daughter, who played The Doctors daughter, who is now the The Doctors wife, who has had The Doctors daughter, who is The Doctors grandchild.

Confused ?

http://tvtropes.org/.../GeorgiaMoffett

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 4

A close friend of mine is half German and half English. On his maternal side, the German half, his family came from the Harz Mountains. His mum grew up there and he used to visit relatives over there when he was a boy. Now he works in an office in north England. One of his recent colleagues at work who joined the team turns out to be part German/English also. His colleague is about two years older than my friend, also German on the maternal half. But not only this, his colleague's mother was also raised in the Harz Mountains!!!!

• Like 1

My wife grew up in Germany.

I grew up in Minnesota.

Our oldest and closest friend grew up in Oregon.

One night while sitting around drinking and talking, the stories of our birth came up and we all shared.

Turns out my wife and best friend were born two months apart, same year in the same hospital in Germany...

• Like 1

When I was in Southwoods State Prison (which is where New Jersey put all their NDN inmates) they put me in a gang unit because that's where most of the Skins were. It turned out that the leaders of both sets were cuzzens of mine from Camden that I had never met and one actually had the same last name.

• Like 1

When I was in Southwoods State Prison (which is where New Jersey put all their NDN inmates) they put me in a gang unit because that's where most of the Skins were. It turned out that the leaders of both sets were cuzzens of mine from Camden that I had never met and one actually had the same last name.

That was certainty rather than coincidence, was it not?

(only kidding)

• Like 2

That was certainty rather than coincidence, was it not?

(only kidding)

Wellllllllllll..........

I still remember the note from you. Thanks for the thoughts! :tu:

• Like 1

So I had a close business friend for about a year and we became somewhat more than friends yet it was never quite smooth and around that the same time I had met someone else who I continued to see from time to time since neither ever seemed to be working out right (anyways this is not about my moralities) so the one that mattered to me lived a few hours away and I knew he had a brother that lived in town but I thought I had never met him. As I found out yesterday out of all the people in the world I had to find and pick two brothers who just happened to bear no resemblance to each other. Wtf I'm smooth lol I hate coincidences

• Like 4

I'm reminded of a story a very good friend of mine experienced. My friend was in charge of inventory for a small pet store at the time. It was Saturday and my friend was just ending his early shift, counting inventory when the store manager rolled in hung over and bragging about his conquest last night my buddy asked... " so are you going to call her again, she seemed nice." and the response was something lame and harsh about how she was just meat...

This sort of thing never settles with my buddy, he felt compelled to say something and so he said very honestly to the guy, "don't you ever worry about karma? That's pretty sleazy man."

To which manager boy replied... "Karma! HAHAHAHA! F'king Karma! F'k, F'king Karma man, what a load of..." and my friend says that in the middle of this tirade, the top shelf of their fish display, just outside the store room, gave way and smashed down on the other three shelves below it, obliterating every tank in the display, and spreading hundreds of gallons of water and fish all over the floor, about 10 minutes before opening time...

My buddy said... "yea, you're right, there's probably nothing to that... well, my inventory is done, I'm on my way to the beach..."

• Like 3

Two racists, one Black and one White, argued over the color and race of God. The "debate" was on some stupid American talk show. I got a Time Magazine in the mail that afternoon. I opened it to a random page, looked down, and saw the phrase, "God is Green." :w00t:

• Like 1

I want to test the idea that you can go somewhere, find some random person, and there will some mind-blowing coincidence. Make it kind of scientific-y. Go somewhere I've never been and just start a conversation with someone. Take notes on what kind of coincidences pop up. Do this with, say 50 people and see how many I coincidenced with. If coincidenced isn't a word, it should be.

Here's another one a buddy just called me the other night to share

So my friend just moved to Seattle.

While striking up a conversation with a random man at a coffee shop, he found out, that this man is a cousin he never knew he had and that he has moved back to the area where one of his great grandfather's lived and was influential, resulting in several streets and buildings being named for him.

He kept saying when he was choosing where to move (his other options were Toronto, LA, London and Minneapolis) that Seattle felt like home and he didn't know why... well, now he does. lol Awesome.

• Like 1

I want to test the idea that you can go somewhere, find some random person, and there will some mind-blowing coincidence. Make it kind of scientific-y. Go somewhere I've never been and just start a conversation with someone. Take notes on what kind of coincidences pop up. Do this with, say 50 people and see how many I coincidenced with. If coincidenced isn't a word, it should be.

You can try this one at home. Fixate on a number (over ten) and a word or phrase, and notice how many times that you hear or see it during a given day or week. It might blow your mind. You'll probably discover a whole new world of synchronicity.

• Like 1

You can try this one at home. Fixate on a number (over ten) and a word or phrase, and notice how many times that you hear or see it during a given day or week. It might blow your mind. You'll probably discover a whole new world of synchronicity.

Sounds like a good place to start.

• Like 1