Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New apartments have swimming pool balconies

Still Waters

Architects have made a splash with a bold design for new towers in Mumbai featuring swimming pools enclosed in glass instead of balconies.

Known as Aquaria Grande, the 37-storey skyscrapers were the result of a collaboration between Hong Kong-based architect James Law and Indian real estate company Wadhwa Group.

The complex would have 200 apartments, three levels of car parking, a gym and sauna.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ColoradoParanormal

• Shiloh17

• psychoticmike

• Zaphod222

I'll have to share this with my Indian architect friend and see what she says.

Theyre doing tons of this kind of architecture in Mumbai .

This is awesome,but would terrify me if i didn't have a second floor apt. I'm terrified of heights.

Wow. Don't know how functional or safe, but one of the pics in the full article sure made it look nice.

Hope they are earthquake proof else hilarity will ensue.

lol! That's good! I have to say it looks pretty awesome but, I'm seeing some serious safety issues as well. Imagine how many people will be shot over the edge who are lounging in the pool and a massive fella does a belly flop in!

Well, at least if there's a fire, you'd have some water.

But, no, hell no, you won't see me in that building.

Well, at least if there's a fire, you'd have some water.

But, no, hell no, you won't see me in that building.

lol!

I personally think its dumb. Theres only so much you can do with a swimming pool, and even less with such a small one. I would take a regular balcony any day.

Well. One thing is sure. That would be a HECK of a spectacular accident if one of those glass panes breaks while people are swimming.

Actually I want one. LOL. I'd love to have a pool instead of a balcony even if it's a small one. I just float around drinking my beers anyway. Even when I had a huge pool at a house I owned, all I ever did was bob around and float and suntan. LOL. Yep, I want one.

All it would take is one stupid kid with an emergency hammer... The whole thought makes me nauseated.

Gorgeous! I don't do sun, but I'd be sleeping out there on a float every night. :P

• 4 weeks later...

This is not true. The construction company has since denied that what shown in the pictures are true. However,they certainly don't seem to mind the hype.