Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Thousands of spiders invade Mexico building

Still Waters

A video has emerged showing what, for many of us, would be our worst nightmare.

Thousands of spiders have been filmed at an abandoned building in Mexico which has been completely overun by the arachnids.

http://www.telegraph...-in-Mexico.html

• Like 2

Those are not spider, but still arachnids. Those are opiliones.

Edit: Note the body shape, single orblike body. Spiders typically (almost always) have two body parts, prosoma and opisthosoma. No large difference between the prosoma and opisthosoma on a opilione (They have a large connective band, instead of the restrictive band found on true spiders).

Edited by RedSquirrel
  • Like 1

There are clumps of freaking spiders (or opiates, opilaids, opussums, whatever, they are freakin' spiders) falling from the ceiling.

There are CLUMPS of freaking SPIDERS FALLING from the ceiling!

AND these guys are filming it. Instead of doing the rational thing and running screaming in search of diesel to burn down the hell house.

• Like 3

I feel the same about cats as you vocal people feel about spiders.

Those are not spider, but still arachnids. Those are opiliones.

Edit: Note the body shape, single orblike body. Spiders typically (almost always) have two body parts, prosoma and opisthosoma. No large difference between the prosoma and opisthosoma on a opilione (They have a large connective band, instead of the restrictive band found on true spiders).

I agree, the common name is Daddy long legs.

Edited by Gaden
  • Like 1

Daddy Long Legs or Harvestmen yeah. I always have had a heebie-jeebie reaction to spiders but I also find them fascinating and beautiful in that same way of them being something I have such a visceral reaction about. My uncle and mom used to pick them off the walls at a Bingo game where they worked (my family, not the longlegs - they don't make good bingo workers) and let them crawl all over their arms, but I must confess I can barely stand to pick up june bugs.

• Like 1

Spiders are the wolves of the insect world. Any body that will eat and help me rid my world of those other creepy critters, is my friend.

Edit: In my house or porch, they get a free ride.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

Spiders are everywhere, you never know how many did you eat in your sleep.

Spiders are everywhere, you never know how many did you eat in your sleep.

That's a myth!

We exhale carbon dioxide and spiders need oxygen! A spider wouldn't crawl into a human mouth!

That's a myth!

We exhale carbon dioxide and spiders need oxygen! A spider wouldn't crawl into a human mouth!

Well, maybe technically it's correct but how can we be sure? :) They seem to like legs, arms :D

• Like 1

True, I sleep with tape over my mouth just to be safe..:D

• Like 1