Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bases on our outer planets

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61    EnderOTD

EnderOTD

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• I tried to enter my favorite quote but the data limit was breached so you get this. Pretty anti-climatic isn't it?

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:30 AM

View PostDBunker, on 17 June 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

Bases on our outer planets??!! :unsure2:

That would be Mars, right..... as the rest are gas planets.
Thanks to Neil, damn those school learnin folks.

#62    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

Uranus and Neptune might be considered more ice planets as opposed to gas planets based on current thinking. Yes, they do indeed have a variety of gases in their atmospheres though to be sure.

#63    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,919 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

A secret base would be more likely on one of the moons of those planets.  With careful shielding and insulation, this will no doubt be what we will do, although probably not secretly.

#64    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,918 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostSpacenut56, on 18 June 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

Uranus and Neptune might be considered more ice planets as opposed to gas planets based on current thinking. Yes, they do indeed have a variety of gases in their atmospheres though to be sure.

How so? To the best of our knowledge they are gas planets.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#65    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,760 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

View PostSpacenut56, on 18 June 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

As I see it you can either learn more about our solarsystem, or you could remove the space part of your avatar name. :D

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#66    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

View Post-Night_hawk-, on 13 June 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

If nasa(and co), with all its rovers and probes around our solar system ever did have evidence of unkown bases of an unkown source on other planets they would naturally hide it...

So is there any evidence or theories laying about this, pics, scans etc...if there is a ufo presence in our solar system then they could have a station sumwhere not to far away...

I'm sure topic been posted before....not sure tho

I'm not going to accept your general premise.

In this day and age of massive budget cuts that have crippled NASA, I'd argue that they would be falling all over themselves to show evidence of such a base.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#67    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,366 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostRafterman, on 18 June 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

I'm not going to accept your general premise.

In this day and age of massive budget cuts that have crippled NASA, I'd argue that they would be falling all over themselves to show evidence of such a base.
But surely you know that NASA have a secret black budget of trillions of dollars.  The public budget and publicly known works like Mars rovers and planetary probes, etc. are just a coverup for the gigantic secret projects of manned bases on Mars, stargates to other star systems, etc.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#68    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,760 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 18 June 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

But surely you know that NASA have a secret black budget of trillions of dollars.  The public budget and publicly known works like Mars rovers and planetary probes, etc. are just a coverup for the gigantic secret projects of manned bases on Mars, stargates to other star systems, etc.

Part from the obvious (if its so secret then how come you know about it) do you have any idea how crazy that sounds to the rest of us. We have some pretty intelligent people here, most interested in space exploration and spacefligh. There are thousands of amateur astronomers world wide and none of them have observed or reported anything beyond what is common knowledge. Are you saying that they are in on this cover-up??  Not even to mention the long list of NASA contractors.

http://en.wikipedia....ASA_contractors

What is that, thousands and thousands of people in on the cover-up!?

You see, jesse, people can claim all sorts of weird stuff, and they do, but without corroborating evidence a claim like yours isnt worth the paper its written on.

Edited by Hazzard, 18 June 2013 - 04:33 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#69    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 9,128 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"
    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

Posted Image

they'll have to find a solution to this problem first ...

`

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#70    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,536 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

Mee too Thrid -eye !  And I love the "Trillionsof Dollars" That gets them every time ! NASA has the actual need for trilloins of dollars ! I would give it to them If I could just finger out that DOD pass code at the ATM ? :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#71    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 9,128 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"
    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 18 June 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

Mee too Thrid -eye !  And I love the "Trillionsof Dollars" That gets them every time ! NASA has the actual need for trilloins of dollars ! I would give it to them If I could just finger out that DOD pass code at the ATM ? :tu:

shhhhhh ..... here ya go

Posted Image

don't tell no one .... :tu:

`

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#72    Papagiorgio

Papagiorgio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

• I'm just saying.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:52 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 18 June 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

Posted Image

`

I thought they did. Didn't they put Velcro pads or something inside the helmets for the Astronauts to scratch their nose on?

I'm just saying.

#73    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,708 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 18 June 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

`

Personally Id have thought farting in a space suit is a worse ordeal than an itchy nose  :w00t:

While it may seem funny tho, farting in space was studied quite seriously, especially the effects of farts in the space capsule...they are highly flammable!!  But they have to be let out sooner or later!!

Thought for the day! In space you can fart, but you cannot burp

http://www.spacecent...estion-in-space

and

"Most important scientific study ever: What about farting astronauts"?

http://io9.com/58762...ting-astronauts

Edited by seeder, 18 June 2013 - 06:22 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#74    Astral Hillbilly

Astral Hillbilly

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 221 posts

• Pain is inevitable....Suffering is optional !

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

View Postseeder, on 13 June 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

Eh? All its rovers and probes in the solar system? You mean just the 3 rovers on just the one planet, Mars..... doing simple geological surveys... and how many probes are there around other planets exactly? And which planets, precisely?

I think you overestimate NASA.   And YES they will tell us about any finds, as they have done with the Rovers finds. Why should it be kept a secret? They will certainly benefit from such an admission in terms of future funding.

typos

I suspect he's referring to the Voyager probes in addition to the Mars rovers.

#75    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,366 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

View PostHazzard, on 18 June 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

Part from the obvious (if its so secret then how come you know about it) do you have any idea how crazy that sounds to the rest of us. We have some pretty intelligent people here, most interested in space exploration and spacefligh. There are thousands of amateur astronomers world wide and none of them have observed or reported anything beyond what is common knowledge. Are you saying that they are in on this cover-up??  Not even to mention the long list of NASA contractors.

http://en.wikipedia....ASA_contractors

What is that, thousands and thousands of people in on the cover-up!?

You see, jesse, people can claim all sorts of weird stuff, and they do, but without corroborating evidence a claim like yours isnt worth the paper its written on.
I was actually being sarcastic.  I suppose I should be more explicit given some of the serious but wacky claims made on this website.

edit: When I mentioned probes, I was referring to things like New Horizons, Voyager, Dawn, etc.

Edited by JesseCuster, 18 June 2013 - 06:33 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users