Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What do you believe happens after death?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#46    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,618 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:07 PM

View PostSakari, on 18 November 2011 - 05:39 PM, said:

Sounds like a good friend :)   ......Looked after you.

Same surgery here ( maybe ), re-constructive, torn MCL and ACL.....
Yup same exact surgery...... Only the doc found during the surgery that the MRI was a bit off. It showed my acl completely gone but it was actually still there..... he rapped it up and did not complete the reconstruction.... Kind of weird. I looked up the statistics and false positives from MRIs for torn acls are nearly non existent.  Anyway just happy for a shorter recovery.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#47    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:33 PM

View PostCurious16yearold, on 03 November 2011 - 01:06 AM, said:

I was wondering all of your thoughts. I am sorry if this question is asked 1000 times lol.

You wake up in the recovery lounge.

They then evaluate your performance x-factor style to decide if you're ready for admission into society. It can go 1 of 3 ways -
1. Pass - You have shown a high moral standard and are now granted full citizenship of Utopia.
2. Close fail - Your morals are iffy so its back into the simulation pod to iron out the creases (often called reincarnation).
3. Bad fail - You have shown evil so they take you up the firey mountain and chuck you into the lava (often called ring of fire).

Occansionaly someone passes into citizenship in such glandour and style they become something similar to a rockstar. The entertainment they provided Utopians during their simulation pod peroid is rewarded with admission to the leadership ranks where they enjoy a special type of fame status called God. Oh and by the way all the citizens of Utopia are homophobic and hate maniac depressives!

#48    nyuk

nyuk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:25 AM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 19 November 2011 - 01:33 PM, said:

You wake up in the recovery lounge.

They then evaluate your performance x-factor style to decide if you're ready for admission into society. It can go 1 of 3 ways -
1. Pass - You have shown a high moral standard and are now granted full citizenship of Utopia.
2. Close fail - Your morals are iffy so its back into the simulation pod to iron out the creases (often called reincarnation).
3. Bad fail - You have shown evil so they take you up the firey mountain and chuck you into the lava (often called ring of fire).

Occansionaly someone passes into citizenship in such glandour and style they become something similar to a rockstar. The entertainment they provided Utopians during their simulation pod peroid is rewarded with admission to the leadership ranks where they enjoy a special type of fame status called God. Oh and by the way all the citizens of Utopia are homophobic and hate maniac depressives!

Why would they hate manic depressives and be homophobic??

#49    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:17 AM

View PostHabitat, on 03 November 2011 - 02:04 AM, said:

Better not to assume that, IMO.
Because science hasn't yet determined the existence of an afterlife/sould doesn't mean it doesn't exist. After all, germs & bacteria existed thousands of years before science became aware of them, and the earth has always been round, despite educated people who said it was flat. Science still doesn't know exactly what dark or black matter is, yet has determined a large part of our universe is composed of it. A multidimensional universe, time travel, both scientific ideas theoretically possible. Given this context, does the idea of a soul sound ridiculous? Science doesn't know whether souls exist, maybe someday that question will be scientifically answered, but until then, we're on our own.

#50    actionjackson60

actionjackson60

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:15 AM

What do you say at an atheist funeral? All dressed up and nowhere to go. :w00t:

#51    RDaniels

RDaniels

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

Myself I find reincarnation a calming thought as I cant stand the idea that it just turns black and goes nowhere.

#52    nyuk

nyuk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostRDaniels, on 18 January 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

Myself I find reincarnation a calming thought as I cant stand the idea that it just turns black and goes nowhere.

I think the idea we are reincarnated seems to be much more accepted than it used to be.
Perhaps due in part to the net allowing us to communicate with far more people than we used to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users