Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

Prank Calls

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

While on holiday/vacation in India, in the state of Punjab. We was staying at my in-laws house. One day the phone rang, I answered it, since everyone else was busy. The person on the other end just hanged up.
My brother in law came into the room, and ask who was on the phone. I said the person on the phone hanged up. Then my brother in law asked me what colour was the callers number. Confused I quickly said black, because it is always black. Brother said, are you sure?? Even more confused, I remained silent. Brother in law then said, never pick up the phone, if the callers number is in red, NEVER. Brother in law told my wife about this red number call also. Because apparently by police reports, people have died immediately or some time after answering the call. There were some people who managed to tell family members or others about the call.
Most people who managed to tell someone described the call of, hearing a group of children laughing and giggling in the background with a spooky eerie scary music, with a song in a whole different language.
And one day I spotted a deserted newspaper laying on the floor, and saw a page which was titled "The Call Of Death". Since I can not read Punjabi, I called my wife to read it for me. It said something like 6 deaths related to the red number calls

Either my brother in law is a damn good actor, but the way he got his message across, made me not want to pick up the red number call.

Edited by SkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart, 17 January 2013 - 09:22 PM.

Posted Image

#2    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,296 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

So, they should just get a rotary phone.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#3    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,746 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

how do they change the colour of the number?

#4    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• 1,091 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Sorry but this is just silly.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#5    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• 1,347 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

Yes I believe it is some hoax, bogus callers preying on very old helpless extremely superstitious people. Im guessing the ultimate frighting experience, the fear killed them people. I also did some google searches on the matter, and found out that it also happened in parts of Africa too. Also one website concluded... "Its high frequency wave length, is so high that will ultimately cause brain hemorrhage, when listen to the call"

Posted Image

#6    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,249 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

This is the plot of a Japanese horror movie.

Miss me?

#7    MetallicBlood

MetallicBlood

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

• You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

That sounds like something a twelve year old would make up to tell a "scary" story.

Edited by MetallicBlood, 18 January 2013 - 09:16 PM.

She stands out in a crowd, she thinks out loud to save her breath, with a portrait of her parents death.

#8    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,260 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

I think the newspaper would really help the community if they pointed out that people died from dialling random numbers and then trying to sell them things over the phone - just saying.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#9    NiteMarcher

NiteMarcher

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

• Until We Meet Again--Peace, Health & Wealth to You

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

http://www.militaryp...ed-Number-Hoax’

Believe what you want and I'll believe whatever I want...it's an open field, and
everyone is given a chance at making a home run...

#10    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostNiteMarcher, on 19 January 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

While one warning sign has been that the ‘killer’ number appears in red colour on the screen, it is apparently clear that phones with monochrome (black-and-white) displays cannot possibly show red colour for any of its operations.

That officially makes this one of the stupidest hoaxes ever.

#11    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,676 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

saw a page which was titled "The Call Of Death". Since I can not read Punjabi,

==============================
So the title was in English but the rest in Punjabi, i would assume, because if not, how would you know what the title said?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#12    Realm

Realm

• 1,992 posts

• "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

Just plain scary. :whistle:

#13    pinupgirl

pinupgirl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Sounds like an Urban Legend..Scary!! :o

#14    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

One thing I have always wondered is whether gullible people are happier or sadder than average folks?  It sure seems like they end up worrying about some goofy things, but then at the same time, they don't have to go through through the brain-strain of critical thinking, because it appears that this part of their thought process is non-functional.  Wonder if it all just balances out?

#15    notforgotten

notforgotten

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

• The educated lie can be the most deceiving...gullible people believe them without question.

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

It sounds like some serial killer. I would never pick up the red number call.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users