Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Guns Do Not Kill People

• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

#76    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 7,276 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 14 January 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

Calm down, bro. I was thinking about reporting this.
lol, so what stopped you? go ahead report.

View PostHerNibs, on 14 January 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

Wow.  What a great argument FOR GUNCONTROL.

Nibs
anything is a great argument for gun control for you.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#77    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,416 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

View Postaztek, on 14 January 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

lol, so what stopped you? go ahead report.

anything is a great argument for gun control for you.

Yeah, That's me.

:-*

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#78    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Im thinking about reporting you for being a lazy schmuck that wants the government to care of you.

#79    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,416 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 14 January 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

Im thinking about reporting you for being a lazy schmuck that wants the government to care of you.

Me?

Nibs

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#80    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Nah.  Nibs.

#81    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,416 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 14 January 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Nah.  Nibs.

:)  Okey dokey.

I lost track for a moment.

Nibs

#82    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,933 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Nevermind guys. Enjoy.:)

Edited by FLOMBIE, 14 January 2013 - 05:32 PM.

#83    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 14 January 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

Its used as a reference akin to the one that if you choose to build your home in a floodplain dont be suprised when it floods.

No its not. You don't wish the person gets flooded, you just tell them not to be surprised if it does. Crysis clearly expressed his wishes.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#84    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

I think your putting more into then he intended. Ive heard the phrase several times on different forums now and I hope itleast thats what its meant. Then again with how touchy the 2nd Amendment is perhaps Im wrong..

#85    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,898 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

View PostZaraKitty, on 14 January 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

Before you continue, I am not an American and therefor I am not deathly afraid the government is going to bust down my door and rape my family.
And that's the liberal mindset that gets people so snippy about this issue.  Pull out some bogus caricature about the typical American gun owner and then ask ridiculous questions and come up with ridiculous answers.

You're obviously not a daughter from a family almost purged by Democide, so because of that and your alleged safe haven in Australia, you have to ask why anyone would need a gun?   Seriously?   Lincoln/Assad/Hirohito/Stalin/Mao/Pot/Hitler/Khan/King George III, etc. etc. etc. etc. didn't kill anyone until they did.   Governments go through perpetual change everywhere they exist.  Safe places become dangerous, neighborhoods and nations alike.

Why would a Syrian need a gun?  

McFly?

Bueller?

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#86    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,954 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

View PostYamato, on 14 January 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

Why would a Syrian need a gun?  

Exactly right!!! I pointed out the same thing about the Libyans... How many less of them would have been killed if their citizens had weapons when the fighting started? Many of their citizens did have guns... the Rural Tribesman, and guess who swung which way the war went?? The rural tribesmen, of course.

But your average left leaning Progressive will tell you that it is mpossible that the US will ever be in such a situation. Which is short sighted and naive. It is not possible to say what might happen if the US was to fall into a Depression and the Federal Budget crashed and a hundred million people rioted, and so on... martial law, dictators... emperors even... It has happened before and everyone knows what they say about those who fail to learn from the Past...

Personnally, I think fully automatic weapons are too much for home use, or hunting, so I think they need tight controls. But, I feel handguns and rifles are very tightly controlled already, other then in private sales and gun-show sales.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#87    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Government Agent

• 3,600 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

Trying to get back to the OP, People kill people.  Our natures are such that we are a killer species as well as other debauchery.  You canít pen it up.  You canít regulate it.  That will only cause it to be suppressed until it explodes.  And woe be to those that are considered to be the focus of this explosion which will ultimately be those that try to impose it.  Also note that those in government that try to impose such laws are also governed themselves by this same nature.

What will gun registration accomplish?  Will it stop gun crime?  Will it slow it down?  Why do you think so or not?  If not then what other reason would the government have to force us to resister?  If more restrictive laws go into effect, at what point when things go back to business as usual as more death occurs at the hands of others?  Of course you have to look at the possibility that we can get rid of all guns.  Because we are such a degenerate nation, how long before we hear of mass or serial killings with other implements?  Or do you not think that would happen?

Other causes of death far exceed that of gun crime anyway.  Seems to me that we are being distracted from more important issues and problems like the debt, jobs, and the economy.

Finally, the 2nd Amendment to me does not mean the Right to own weapons for hunting, sport shooting, or even self defense, but strictly to overthrow this government.  Thatís why the public *NEEDS* assault weapons, high capacity magazines, rocket launchers, etc.

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#88    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

Guns -  enable us to kill and protect ourselves better.. That is the point in buying a gun..You are not going to go off to buy a gun if it wont kill for you

If you advertise that - GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE DO  That advertisement would therefore be false.......If guns don't kill people, then they are completely useless and ineffective..In fact they would be no more effective than the next thing you pick up to kill your enemy  

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 15 January 2013 - 01:46 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#89    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 17,722 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

Do not make statements hoping that others are killed or injured because they disagree with your point of view. This is simply unacceptable behaviour.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#90    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

It is odd that people choose to ignore the past completely. So many horrors on the people's of 'benevolent' governments and yet we Americans pretend it could never happen to us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users