Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[merged] Militant atheism under fire +

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46    eight bits

eight bits

• 6,570 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

Thank you, Seeker. I appreciate your attention to the problem. No hard feelings.

Posted Image

#47    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,651 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:20 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 11 May 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

I'll petition a mod to merge the threads.

Merged as requested.

One does not simply walk into Mordor.

#48    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 12,135 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostSherapy, on 10 May 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

IMO an excellent resource to site or consult  for Autism for parents and professional's or you(as opposed to personal opinions and observations) is the DSM-IV, soon to be updated to the DSM-V  which has been changed in the area of Autism.

http://www.dsm5.org/...ders - DSM5.pdf
Thanks  its always good to have extra info. I assure you I have read many books and talked to a few doctors, and teachers that specialize in working with spectrum kids. And have been at it myself for 15 years.

If you are interested I recommend "born on a blue day". Daniel tammet gives a very interesting glimpse at what it's like growing up with aspergers. Or if you like movies the movie "Adam" does a great job. A good friend of mind and student has aspergers and is always struggling with relationships. I gave him this movie and book, so that he can let ladies the he is courting understand him better. It's difficult for him to articulate to them about his quirks.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#49    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 22,299 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 12 May 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

Thanks  its always good to have extra info. I assure you I have read many books and talked to a few doctors, and teachers that specialize in working with spectrum kids. And have been at it myself for 15 years.

If you are interested I recommend "born on a blue day". Daniel tammet gives a very interesting glimpse at what it's like growing up with aspergers. Or if you like movies the movie "Adam" does a great job. A good friend of mind and student has aspergers and is always struggling with relationships. I gave him this movie and book, so that he can let ladies the he is courting understand him better. It's difficult for him to articulate to them about his quirks.

I have a really good friend that has a son who is Autistic and truthfully she knows so much about it because of the personal experience with her son.

I re read my post and I should of said quality/sound data with personal experience tends to lead to expertise. IMO

I think it is awesome that you devote so much to gaining  personal insight into Autism to help your friend, it comes across that you are passionate about the subject. I will definitely read your recommends.

Edited by Sherapy, 13 May 2013 - 07:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users