Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Soldier's death during Skype session

bruce kevin clark army nurse skype

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Fox Mccloud

Fox Mccloud

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

• Stealthy messenger of the gods,
    Cunning and wise, reliable friend,
    Guide my steps through this maze of deception
    And see this problem to its end.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:12 AM

Posted Image
The family of a U.S. Army nurse who died last week in Afghanistan says he was having a Skype video chat with his wife when he suddenly pitched forward and collapsed and that she saw a bullet hole in a closet behind him.Capt. Bruce Kevin Clark's wife, Susan Orellana-Clark, and his family released two statements on his death.  "Bruce's wife tragically witnessed her husband's death during one of their regular Skype video-chats" April 30, the family said."Clark was suddenly knocked forward," one statement said. "The closet behind him had a bullet hole in it.  "At the time of the incident, the family was hoping for a rescue and miracle but later learned that it was not to be. Although the circumstances were unimaginable, Bruce's wife and extended family will be forever thankful that he and his wife were together in his last moments.  "According to the family, two people who rushed to Orellana-Clark's home also saw the hole on the Skype link and agreed it was a bullet hole.  "The Skype link continued for approximately two hours as Capt. Clark's family and friends stateside and in (Afghanistan) worked feverishly to send help," the family said. "After two hours and many frantic phone calls by Mrs. Clark, two military personnel arrived in the room and appeared to check his pulse, but provided no details about his condition to his wife.""As uncomfortable as this is for me," Orellana-Clark said, "I am releasing this statement to honor my husband and dispel the inaccurate information and supposition promulgated by other parties."  The statement did not provide additional details.  Clark, who was assigned to the William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso, deployed to Afghanistan in March.  The military has not yet released a cause of death and provided few details on the incident.  "There's an ongoing investigation," said Beaumont public affairs officer Clarence Davis. He would not elaborate.  Clark's brother-in-law, Bradley Taber-Thomas, reached at the Clarks' home in El Paso on Sunday, declined to comment.  Clark grew up in Michigan and lived for a time in Spencerport, N.Y., his wife's hometown. He joined the Army in 2006 and was previously stationed in Hawaii.  The Clarks have two daughters, ages 3 and 9.  According to the family's statements, arrangements are being made for a funeral in Spencerport and a memorial service in Addison, Mich.
View: http://www.usatoday....stan/54795410/1

"Every time you pick up your guitar to play, play as if it's the last time." Clapton

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,124 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

How sad for this woman to have witnessed her husband's death in that way. I'm glad the daughters weren't present.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#3    kitty81

kitty81

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

• you never know.. >'.'<

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

wow.. you just couldnt imagine how frantic the wife mustve been.. ! : (

Kitty >'.'<

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users