Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UM 8.0 updates & suggestions

Saru

With Unexplained Mysteries about to enter it's fifth year, and continuing the tradition that has seen the site undergo many changes since it's launch; it is time once again for UM to undergo a 'facelift', an extensive series of changes designed both to keep the site fresh and interesting, and to provide up to date features for our visitors that will help see the site through the next few years.

It has been a long time since Unexplained Mysteries 7.0 first appeared, but there is still room for improvement, and that is what I hope Unexplained Mysteries 8.0 will help to accomodate.

In this thread I'd like to encourage our members to put forward your thoughts on what you'd like to see changed or added to the site or forum. All ideas are welcome, however at this stage I won't be able to confirm or deny the inclusion of any specific suggestion, this is just to give me an idea of what people are thinking, what the most popular ideas are and what areas you believe are the most in need of improvement.

This is your chance to have your say about the future of Unexplained Mysteries, so make the most of it. ;)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigfoot_Is_Real

• Saru

• different

• frogfish

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like to see the streamlining of certain forums.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons

I know you are looking for suggestions, but to be honest I cant think that there is anything you can do to improve the site :tu:

That is, to make it any better, perhaps there are technical differences which maybe suggested, but overall anything else may only be detremental to the sites popularity, by taking away the sites objectives and individuality.

If things need tweeking fair enough, but if its not broken dont fix it!!

Edited by Welsh Shaun

Might just be me, but I'd like to see a true crime section to discuss all sorts of criminals, from the serial killers, arsonists and terrorists, like how the work, think and feel. Also to up to date news on such areas.

Also, perhaps a section on Psychology. Mysteries Of Mind, Space & Time, is more just random thoughts and ideas about philosophies it seems like and the Science section is rather a broad description for all areas within.

Umm... umm... If I think of anything else, I'll add more later. :)

Dont hold back Kratos :lol:

Have you calmed down now :lol:

:lol: Well, he asked and I was honest.

One more thing while I'm here. :ph34r:

Is there any chance HTML code can be turned on in personal blogs? Like for a video clip or sound clip for the blog entry.

I like Kratos' idea, I think that could do really well on the forum.

This may seem trivial, but there's been a few instances of people signing up just to harass certain people in their blogs. Not an overwhelming number, but a few.... would it be possible to set the blog section to members only?

Not alot i can think of that could be made better :tu:

Maybe just a different colour background (and stop yelekiah trademarking "once you pop the fun dont stop :P)

Perhaps An Area Dedicated to Members experiances, or even just if they have come up with a yarn to share. thats all i can think of, and i just want to take a moment to congratulate Saruman and all the moderators on their spectacular job of running this website :tu

How that there is a new policy that if a member has never made a single post on the forums that after a year his or hers account is deleted and the name is placed back up for a new person

Oh and that more smilies be added :yes: i speak for all the smilies when i say this :tu: and you could also make the forums a little cooler with a new color i don't know which one though i think it should be up to the members

Edited by Bigfoot_Is_Real

Just to comment on a couple of points made so far:

Is there any chance HTML code can be turned on in personal blogs?

Allowing HTML code in posts is a potential security risk, so it's very unlikely that I will be enabling HTML in blogs.

How that there is a new policy that if a member has never made a single post on the forums that after a year his or hers account is deleted and the name is placed back up for a new person.

This definately won't be happening. It has been discussed quite a lot in the past, member accounts will not be deleted due to inactivity.

This definately won't be happening. It has been discussed quite a lot in the past, member accounts will not be deleted due to inactivity.

No i mean that if a account who has NEVER posted NOT once that after 2-5 years their account be deleted but if they make a single post than that means they can stay for a long time

Also, perhaps a section on Psychology.

Yes, Psychology would be a nice forum I minor in it, and a Philosophy forum would be cool.

Edited by Super Pancake

No i mean that if a account who has NEVER posted NOT once that after 2-5 years their account be deleted but if they make a single post than that means they can stay for a long time

Some people use their accounts all the time but have never posted in the forum. They may be regular visitors to the gallery for example, or simply want access to topic subscription services. There is no benefit whatsoever in penalising them simply because they've never posted.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe more mods...The crypto section is getting out of hand...

I agree with Kratos on the new forums...maybe a Health/Physiology Forum.

Or a Nature Forum.

Maybe make the template more sleek...

Good Job SaRuMaN

well maybe you could make the Image gallery a other stuff ( excluding blogs, Forums and etc. ) in guest acsessible

well maybe you could make the Image gallery a other stuff ( excluding blogs, Forums and etc. ) in guest acsessible

The features in question require custom information to be stored in the database which is only possible if the member is registered.

Pay rise for the mods?

We'll have to see about that one. ;)

More mods is a good idea because this forums getting WAY to big for 16 mods to handle

(and stop yelekiah trademarking "once you pop the fun dont stop :P)

That's a registered trademark, there's a difference. :D

Maybe special member benefiets :yes:

Explain. :o

I agree with Kratos that a Psychology section would be great. :tu:

Bigfoot, you can give up :P

:cry: WAHHHH :cry:

lol :P

Edited by Bigfoot_Is_Real

Like maybe after a certain # of posts, SaRu can give some benefiet (I don't know what yet)...along those lines...

A Psyche and Health section would be great :yes:

No more copyrights, Yel copyrighted my name....

You copyrighted your own name. :lol:

But yea I'll drop the the ©

The benefit are the little blue dots, frogfish. :P

Honestly I think that this site is hunky dory. And things couldn't get hunky dorier. If so, nothing comes to mind at the moment.