Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Carl Sagan video

astronomy galaxy space carl sagan universe

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Brittany Manning

Brittany Manning

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

Hey! I just wanted to share a video that I recently made inspired by Carl Sagan. I thought it would be really cool if you checked it out and gave me your thoughts & insights on them. I put music in the videos by Daniel Hope, after I found out that he was inspired by Carl Sagan too. Hope you like them & hope to hear back from you!

- Brittany

A Tribute to Carl Sagan:

#2    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

He is one of author that after reading his book you change view on world. Half of the quotes in this video I remember in which episode he said it.
He popularize science to the sky. Amazing character. He is example that to be great scientists you dont need to discover amazing things. But to understand world better and to spread your view also made you immortal.

Edited by the L, 19 June 2013 - 07:24 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#3    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:23 PM

This was his last interview (part1-you can search on youtube for 2 and 3)

RIP

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#4    HDesiato

HDesiato

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

View PostBrittany Manning, on 19 June 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

Hey! I just wanted to share a video that I recently made inspired by Carl Sagan. I thought it would be really cool if you checked it out and gave me your thoughts & insights on them. I put music in the videos by Daniel Hope, after I found out that he was inspired by Carl Sagan too. Hope you like them & hope to hear back from you!

- Brittany

A Tribute to Carl Sagan:

Liked, Subscribed, Well done!
I can't wait to see how the new "Cosmos" series  turns out. The bar is certainly a high one, I hope they serve his memory well.

#5    HDesiato

HDesiato

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

View Postthe L, on 19 June 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

He is one of author that after reading his book you change view on world. Half of the quotes in this video I remember in which episode he said it.
He popularize science to the sky. Amazing character. He is example that to be great scientists you dont need to discover amazing things. But to understand world better and to spread your view also made you immortal.
True, and what a remarkable ability to convey a passion for science and reason.
"Demon Haunted World" is definitely one of those books of influence.

#6    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 3,501 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:06 AM

Inspiring. The Cosmos yearns to understand itself through us. I wonder if somewhere out there exists something that has the answers to all of our question and is waiting for us.

Perhaps the only way we can survive long enough to make contact is if we outgrow our selfishness and the divisions it creates among us.

Maybe we have to prove ourselves worthy before this something will accept us and embrace us in its love.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#7    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:21 AM

well done, very touching.

#8    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,749 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 20 June 2013 - 01:06 AM, said:

Perhaps the only way we can survive long enough to make contact is if we outgrow our selfishness and the divisions it creates among us.

"A human being is a part of the whole, called by us, "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

- Albert Einstein

Also tagged with astronomy, galaxy, space, carl sagan, universe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users