Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Israel airstrikes in Syria (confirmed)

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#61    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 02 February 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

While still not completely just, Jews were (and still are being) paid money for their losses. How much have the displaced Palestinians been paid?

Newsflash for you: The Israelis are also Palestinians; the original ones in fact.
Note that the original UN resolution 181 decides to share palestine between the TWO Palestinian peoples, i.e. the Jews and the muslim Arabs.

Using the term "Palestinian" to mean muslim Arab only is a relatively new phenomenon (started Arafat), and it is reall a propaganda device to delegitimize Israel.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#62    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostZaphod222, on 03 February 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

Ridiculous. The Syrian conflict is a power struggle between the Sunnis and the Alavite Assad regime.
Israel simply wants to stay alive, and prevent chemical weapons from reaching the Hizbollah.
Gee, what a crime.

Which Israel is friendly to neither.

I am against my brother unless we are against our cousin, we are against the neighbors unless we all are against the foreigner.

—Arabic saying

#63    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 03 February 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

Newsflash for you: The Israelis are also Palestinians; the original ones in fact.
Note that the original UN resolution 181 decides to share palestine between the TWO Palestinian peoples, i.e. the Jews and the muslim Arabs.

Using the term "Palestinian" to mean muslim Arab only is a relatively new phenomenon (started Arafat), and it is reall a propaganda device to delegitimize Israel.

In Israel's birth, 90% of Israelis were immigrants, not native to Palestine. But if you're going down that road, a great many Palestinians are directly descend from Jews who converted.

And I have debunked the 'Palestinians only existed since the 60s' nonsense sooo many times on this forum. Read documents from the 20s and 30s, where the Muslim Arabs were referred to, and referred to themselves, as 'Palestinians'. Start with the British Royal Commission (Peel Report) or any of the White Papers. This claim is so completely ridiculous that it should be instantly shifted to the conspiracy forum. Nonsense.

#64    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,973 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

Apparently "permission" has been given by Obama's regime for Israel to launch similar spoiling attacks against any Syrian attempt to move WMD OR advanced weapons from Syria to the rebels or Hizballah.  An interesting note from one report is that a bunker buster was used in this raid.  Obviously this wasn't used against a surface target like a truck convoy.  Russia is in a dither and Iran is darned near apoplectic but nobody seems in a hurry to do much more than squeal........ FEAR THE 7 MILLION!  :w00t: :gun:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#65    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

IMO Syria, Russia and Iran and really Lebanon as well as other neighbors are showing great restrain at Israels attempt to escalate the war in Syria into something bigger. Understandably nobody wants to see WMD moved around but if the regime is collapsing then they must be removed less they fall into the hands of terrorists.

Yes there fighting for freedom in Syria but lets not fool ourselves for a moment that extremist fighters are now deeply involved in that conflict and even if they gain there freedom which started out as a true fight for freedom from Assads regime will be another MB victory at the least and Al Queda victory at the worst. Either way the losers of this conflict will continue to be the people of Syria.

The best contribution Russia could make is to peacefully or covertly take acquisition of Assads WMD's and safekeep them. They are a huge risk to someone someday being left as are.

(excuse my ignorance in the Syrian conflict Im only stating my opinion from my limited point of view)

Edited by AsteroidX, 03 February 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#66    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,265 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

Wasn't the Israeli's part of tribes that come from Turkey? or from central Asia?

#67    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,973 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

update:
http://www.timesofis...tm_medium=email

Israel is making noises about destroying a listening post set up by Iran that is 7 miles inside Syria on the Golan heights.  No wonder Iran is apoplectic about Israeli moves.  This is getting a bit tense - if Israel does this (and I hope they will) then Iran is going to be humbled because no way are they going to do anything that asks for Israeli intervention against Iran proper.  Good article.

ETA:   The Sunday Times story also reports, citing an unnamed source “close to military planners,” that Jerusalem is considering creating a buffer zone 10 miles inside Syrian territory, which it would patrol with infantry and tank units.

Edited by and then, 03 February 2013 - 03:51 PM.

#68    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:31 AM

View Postand then, on 03 February 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

update:
http://www.timesofis...tm_medium=email

Israel is making noises about destroying a listening post set up by Iran that is 7 miles inside Syria on the Golan heights.  No wonder Iran is apoplectic about Israeli moves.  This is getting a bit tense - if Israel does this (and I hope they will) then Iran is going to be humbled because no way are they going to do anything that asks for Israeli intervention against Iran proper.  Good article.

ETA:   The Sunday Times story also reports, citing an unnamed source “close to military planners,” that Jerusalem is considering creating a buffer zone 10 miles inside Syrian territory, which it would patrol with infantry and tank units.

You, my misguided friend, are a religious extremist.  

Homeland Security was actually created for individuals like yourself... people of interest...   freedom loving americans who crave another nation's demise.

I do enjoy reading how this behavior is justified in your mind.

Edited by acidhead, 04 February 2013 - 05:33 AM.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#69    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:38 AM

that was a couple hours ago.

http://www.timesofis...-local-sources/

Edited by AsteroidX, 04 February 2013 - 05:43 AM.

#70    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,973 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

View Postacidhead, on 04 February 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

You, my misguided friend, are a religious extremist.  

Homeland Security was actually created for individuals like yourself... people of interest...   freedom loving americans who crave another nation's demise.

I do enjoy reading how this behavior is justified in your mind.
Glad I can be of amusement for you Acidhead.  No offense taken btw.  Anytime anyone from that auspicious body of do gooders needs to see me they'll have no problem looking me up.  And I might add that I also am heartened to know that anyone would consider me an extremist when all I do is state basic biblical beliefs.  You see the faithful are told that such persecutions would come on them and would be far more than just insults from "friends" like this.  Eventually if I speak my mind about my faith I may ACTUALLY hear that knock at the door and be taken someplace "for questioning".  And while I'm sure it might be a little stressful or costly it will reassure me that I am in fact living the correct way.  Does it seem the slightest bit unfair, acidhead, that you are willing to think me somehow dangerous because of my beliefs even though it's plain for anyone who has read my thoughts for this past year that I couldn't possibly be a real threat to anyone?  Friend, I tell you that a time is coming when to do what you have just done (hopefully in jest)  will be enough to actually flag a person and single them out - just because of their faith and willingness to merely speak of it, for attention from that government you so mistrust.  It won't be funny then.  And the greatest irony of all to me is that while you'd do something like this to a Christian, you'd never dream of saying any such outlandish thing against a Muslim, for fear of being considered "hateful".   All humor aside Acid, I hope you'll consider this in the future.

#71    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,402 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

View Postand then, on 04 February 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

You see the faithful are told that such persecutions would come on them and would be far more than just insults from "friends" like this.  Eventually if I speak my mind about my faith I may ACTUALLY hear that knock at the door and be taken someplace "for questioning".  And while I'm sure it might be a little stressful or costly it will reassure me that I am in fact living the correct way.
All strong believers are "persecuted" by others who think otherwise, so don't make too much of it when it happens to you.  The fact is Christians have done far more persecuting in their day than otherwise, and generally to other Christians.

#72    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

I would gather theres a percentage of this board that if they tried would find they cannot board an airplane. Ha. Theyd just laugh and say wheres your UFO buddy....As they flip through the 3+ million mugshots and growing daily of nofliers.

So worry not and then you are not in the worst of company.

#73    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,973 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 04 February 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

All strong believers are "persecuted" by others who think otherwise, so don't make too much of it when it happens to you.  The fact is Christians have done far more persecuting in their day than otherwise, and generally to other Christians.
Yes this is true.  But I wasn't alive then and I was pointing out to head that careless accusations such as his will cause real people real problems in the not too distant future.  People are frightened and angry these days - need someone to blame.  There has been no serious, outright persecution of Christians yet, but it's coming.  We are the "intolerant" lot, you see?  And I admit this is true - we are.  But we are far less dangerous than others and only a real simpleton or biased fool would deny this.  We invite, Frank.  They DEMAND.  To the world, Christianity is judged and found guilty for all time for the actions of the early church and if you have Christ's name associated with you AND you actually have the temerity to stand and speak for His truth then the Bible says you will face persecution - so be it.  But those who bring it unnecessarily with cunning words against His church won't be blameless in that day.

#74    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,868 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

View Postand then, on 03 February 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

I don't justify the thefts that are occurring today - nor any true thefts from the past.  But I don't consider land that was occupied as a result of defending oneself in war as a theft.  It is true that a substantial portion of Israelis consider all of Judea (funny name that) and Samaria to be Jewish by right and so they will build on it because they feel justified.  I personally believe they are correct in that assumption but I also realize that we live in a modern world where the Bible and it's tenets have largely become a joke and irrelevant to most people.  I expect all that to change quite shortly but that is a different issue.  That aside however, I have said long that the people of the state of Israel have a right to the land that the mandate gave them.  It is the responsibility of the Palestinians and their intransigence on accepting a small Jewish state in their midst that leads us to this point.  IF they would sit down and compromise on giving up right of return - perhaps with monetary compensation - and allow Jerusalem to be an international city where they could locate their official capitol then the actual borders could be worked out without too much chaos.  Everyone would have to have equal rights to the water of course.  And unless a general war in the region starts before March, I expect the EU to push both sides to a table and hammer out just such a deal.  The timing and the politics in Israel are perfect right now for such a deal.  The Hamas/PA/Fatah et. al. smell this and will be willing to grab what they can before starting the next round of shelling.  I am as confident of their renewed aggression as I am the sun rising tomorrow.  WHEN they start with the rockets and the rhetoric from their new and improved firing points however, it is my sincere hope that Israel will finally put paid to the negotiation route and then proceed to sweep these warmongering haters from their midst once and for all time.  This scenario would be just.  Only a person who truly does not care about justice could try to gainsay that.

Why does possession of the land automatically exclude one ethnic group? Why can't both sides live together on the land and both consider it theirs? I consider my city to be "my land" in a sense, and I know that black people, Hispanics, Asians, all people here consider it the same. We live in harmony and don't try to exclude anyone.

I never understood why this concept seems so foreign in other parts of the world. We're all human beings, after all.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#75    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,973 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostStellar, on 04 February 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

Why does possession of the land automatically exclude one ethnic group? Why can't both sides live together on the land and both consider it theirs? I consider my city to be "my land" in a sense, and I know that black people, Hispanics, Asians, all people here consider it the same. We live in harmony and don't try to exclude anyone.

I never understood why this concept seems so foreign in other parts of the world. We're all human beings, after all.
Because of the historic hatred between these two groups.  Both feel entitled to the land, though the Palestinian Arabs didn't give two shakes for it before the Jews came back to live there.  Anyway, they both want it and feel they are willing to die to get it.  That's the short answer.  The long one is that the whole situation seems supernatural in nature and it's being used to bring about a new age of this world.  Tough times before it arrives though.  Mankind is about to be taught the futility of such hate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users