Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost of former pub barman photographed?

Still Waters

Spooked pub-goers claim to have pictured the spirit they say has been haunting their local ale-house for years.

Regulars at the Apsley House in Southsea, Hants, say a generous ghoul, believed to be the ghost of a former barman, keeps topping up their drinks.

And at a recent retirement party for one of the staff, Paul Morgan finally photographed the mysterious phantom.

http://www.dailymail...ing-drinks.html

Hmm,I can see a perfect motive for this being a hoax perpetrated by the owner of this Pub. Can anyone say Pub-licity?.Sorry couldn't help myself :D

• Like 2

I'm not convinced this is a ghost but if he is and he keeps your glass filled he's a keeper.

• Like 2

its obviously a sleeve and arm of a person sitting right there. no ghost at all.

Edit: and i come back after a few days and my profile pics gone and everythigs changed around.....

Edited by gnostic-deity

It's a fancy dress party and that is obviously a mask someone has removed. Sheesh.

• Like 2

its obviously a sleeve and arm of a person sitting right there. no ghost at all.

I thought it might be that too; the hands are blurred because they are moving around.

That guy could play the joker!

There's a touch of Vincent Price about him...

They could've at least photoshopped it for us... added in an eyeball or something...

Maybe it was a well-enacted ploy by the woman filmed to take the attention away from the alien she is talking to. Well played ma'am, but I have caught on.

A hand or purse moving? I don't see a face.

It's a fancy dress party and that is obviously a mask someone has removed. Sheesh.

I liked this reply! :yes:

• Like 1

he doesn't look very happy ...uh the ghost not paul

I liked this reply! :yes:

Why ty. That's what it looks like to me. Especially since it's a fancy dress party.

Some reason now I want to sing Adam Ant songs.

This...is even more less compelling than I expected.

The top part of the "face" is the woman in the tank-top's right hand.The dark part of it is a scrunchie on her wrist, or strap of a purse she's holding onto. Then the bottom part of the "face" is her left hand. The space between her two hands is the "eyes." Like some people already said, they're just a little blurred because she's moving them around.

• Like 1

It also looks like it may be the lady's scarf, as there appears to be one of a similar color around her neck. Maybe she threw it back while she was talking. Either way, I wish someone would constantly top my beer off for free...looks like I'll go shopping for a scarf

i see a face, but if you look close enough, you can see the fingers, the eyes are most likely spaces between the hands. This is definitely not a ghost.

• Like 1

Still looks like a mask to me. Looks like she is wearing one and she is holding one like the one she is wearing. Like those clear ones with color only on the cheeks and mouth and eyes.

Guest Coffin It Up

Don't believe anything you read in The Daily Mail. Aside from the Sun its Britain's worst newspaper.