Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO's Shooting Up In The Sky

topsecretresearch

Did You See A U.F.O. In Vestal?

By Bryan Mercer

Credit: Brian Titus

Is it a UFO?

2 photos

30607_submitter_file1__BrianTitusUFO1.jpg

August 1, 2011

Updated Aug 1, 2011 at 1:27 PM EDT

Vestal, NY (WBNG Binghamton) One viewer says he saw an unidentified flying object in the Southern Tier sky.

Brian Titus says he was at Lourdes Hospital in Binghamton, when he saw something rising behind a hill in Vestal.

In an email, Titus wrote, "It sat there for about ten seconds and then it shot up like a bullet and vanished."

He says at least ten people saw it happen.

Minutes later when he was coming home, Titus saw the U.F.O. again.

During this second sighting, Titus snapped the picture.

Titus wrote, "I am so exited and freaked out at the same time."

What do you think? Is it a U.F.O.?

UFO near Binghamton, NY, was 'large as a football stadium'

MUFON Assistant State Director and Field Investigator L. Behr filed the report for the witness after the witnesses' photos appeared on the WBNG-TV Web site.

The original sighting occurred when the witness was standing in a parking lot at Lourdes Hospital along Riverside Drive in Binghamton.

"He observed the object over the hill, across the river in what would be Vestal, NY," the MUFON investigator stated. "The object appeared huge at this point, 'as large as a football stadium'. Object was stationary and then shot up and vanished."

But 20 to 30 minutes later, the same witness was driving home along Riverside Drive in Johnson City when the object was seen again, but higher in the sky.

"Witness pulled onto a side street and took two pictures. He observed the object for approximately two minutes before it again shot straight upward and away."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2008. Stephenville, Texas, USA

txcraftredindentations.jpg

Ricky Sorrells: "It took off so fast that if I blinked I would have thought it vanished but I had my eyes on it, and I know it took off flat at a 45 degree angle."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

• November 7, 2006. Chicago, Illinois, United States

http://ufoevidence.o...ses/case958.htm

At the end of that time, the object was seen to suddenly accelerate straight up at a very rapid pace, and it "shot" through the solid overcast, which was at 1,900 feet at the time. The witness added that the object appeared to leave a "hole" in the clouds, where it had streaked upwards through the overcast.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• November 5, 1996. Pelotas, southern Brazil

Source: http://www.ufoeviden...ses/case700.htm

istoe2.jpg

istoe3.jpg

istoe1.jpg

November 5, 1996. Haraldo Westendorf

Then, to his amazement, the object rose straight up at tremendous speed. For the first time, Westendorf was scared, because he believed the object's rapid acceleration might produce a shock wave of turbulence that could overwhelm his own plane. As a trained pilot, he knew that air traffic controllers recommend staying at least three minutes behind a large aircraft to avoid such turbulence. He estimated that the unidentified object probably weighed at least three times as much as a 747 jumbo jet, so its shock wave should be huge -- and he was only a few hundred meters away.

He quickly began emergency procedures in case his plane went into a spin or a stall. But to his surprise, he did not encounter any turbulence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ftcarson.jpg

http://www.ufocasebo...m/ftcarson.html

"Given the height above me, and the enormous size, I would believe it to be as large as a football field, or close to the size!"

"...all in a few seconds, off to the left side of my windshield view. Then, it stopped as quick, and then Zoom! It took off faster than I have probably could close my eyelids!!"

Edited by topsecretresearch
  • Like 2

Good post Topsecretresearch! :tu:

Some interesting stuff, and I particularly like the Brian Titus story with photographs,...but in today's climate of unreliable photographic evidence, i'll reserve judgement on their authenticity until I see a professional analyst report on them!

The other cases are also pretty interesting,...but I must admit that my gut-feeling on Ricky Sorrell is that whilst his story is quite possible....there is just something that doesn't ring true about the guy himself...? :unsure:

Cheers.

Im still Lookin up ! A few mile wide UFO would be quite the sight ! Keep Looking Up Y`all ! :tu:

• Like 1

Dear Aliens,

Please rescue my miserable life from this miserable world so that I can be probed by your miserable instruments to find-out why I'm so miserable.

• Like 1

Dear Aliens,

Please rescue my miserable life from this miserable world so that I can be probed by your miserable instruments to find-out why I'm so miserable.

Dear pallidin,

Sorry, no can do, we are miserable.

Sincerely Yours,

The miserable Aliens.

• Like 3

Another superb set of cases there. This has got to make people wonder about the extent of this phenomena? Just how man have had close encounters but never reported it? Perhaps it's like an iceberg, 10% seen and 90% unseen.

Edited by zoser

but I must admit that my gut-feeling on Ricky Sorrell is that whilst his story is quite possible....there is just something that doesn't ring true about the guy himself...? :unsure:

Cheers.

No completely disagree. You can tell by his voice and body language that here is a guy that doesn't care a hoot about UFO's. No book, no movie deal, nothing to gain and all to lose. I bet this guy regrets he ever said a word and has had a lot of ridicule put his way.

This guy's as real as rain.

Dear pallidin,

Sorry, no can do, we are miserable.

Sincerely Yours,

The miserable Aliens.

Yeah, any life form that would go around the galaxy probing others would have to be pretty miserable.

No completely disagree. You can tell by his voice and body language that here is a guy that doesn't care a hoot about UFO's. No book, no movie deal, nothing to gain and all to lose. I bet this guy regrets he ever said a word and has had a lot of ridicule put his way.

This guy's as real as rain.

It's very difficult to know if someone saw something of alien origin, or if they saw something else and their mind filled in the missing pieces leading them to believe it was alien in origin. For example, I've seen a UFO...it looked very weird, but how am I to know for sure it was ET? This is a very complex situation actually. Seeing *something* simply isn't enough when it comes to whether or not an object is extraterrestrial. One is basically left with a great big unknown (ie, you can't prove anything with just a quick look). I wish it were otherwise...you have no idea how much I'd like to know exactly what I saw.

• Like 1

It's very difficult to know if someone saw something of alien origin, or if they saw something else and their mind filled in the missing pieces leading them to believe it was alien in origin. For example, I've seen a UFO...it looked very weird, but how am I to know for sure it was ET? This is a very complex situation actually. Seeing *something* simply isn't enough when it comes to whether or not an object is extraterrestrial. One is basically left with a great big unknown (ie, you can't prove anything with just a quick look). I wish it were otherwise...you have no idea how much I'd like to know exactly what I saw.

But it then draws me back to the obvious question; what are the options? As James Fox remarked on the video clip, do we really have anything that large and sophisticated? If the answer then is 'maybe', then isn't this replacing one speculation with another that is equally as fantastic? Because I'm not aware that we have, and if I'm wrong, then it points to a superior culture existing on top of our own, sharing this space and time with us, and so the mystery just expands.

Edited by zoser
  • Like 1

Yeah, any life form that would go around the galaxy probing others would have to be pretty miserable.

Or very perverted :whistle:

Or very perverted :whistle:

Or following some natural creation purpose. One must consider all options not just the cynical.

Aliens,Tooth fairy what ever you want to believe in really.....

At least for once, the picture isn't blurry like most UFO pics. But I agree, not all UFO sightings can be identified as ETs without more info/data.

Planet Venus or weather balloon .

Nahh, the modern explanation these days is 'chinese lanterns'. However, to me it looks like a white frisbee. Even the last pic from the OP looks like a white frisbee. But don't tell anyone I said that! Else the new modern explanation will be frisbee LOL

Did You See A U.F.O. In Vestal?

By Bryan Mercer

Credit: Brian Titus

Is it a UFO?

2 photos

30607_submitter_file1__BrianTitusUFO1.jpg

August 1, 2011

Updated Aug 1, 2011 at 1:27 PM EDT

Vestal, NY (WBNG Binghamton) One viewer says he saw an unidentified flying object in the Southern Tier sky.

Brian Titus says he was at Lourdes Hospital in Binghamton, when he saw something rising behind a hill in Vestal.

In an email, Titus wrote, "It sat there for about ten seconds and then it shot up like a bullet and vanished."

He says at least ten people saw it happen.

Minutes later when he was coming home, Titus saw the U.F.O. again.

During this second sighting, Titus snapped the picture.

Titus wrote, "I am so exited and freaked out at the same time."

What do you think? Is it a U.F.O.?

UFO near Binghamton, NY, was 'large as a football stadium'

MUFON Assistant State Director and Field Investigator L. Behr filed the report for the witness after the witnesses' photos appeared on the WBNG-TV Web site.

The original sighting occurred when the witness was standing in a parking lot at Lourdes Hospital along Riverside Drive in Binghamton.

"He observed the object over the hill, across the river in what would be Vestal, NY," the MUFON investigator stated. "The object appeared huge at this point, 'as large as a football stadium'. Object was stationary and then shot up and vanished."

But 20 to 30 minutes later, the same witness was driving home along Riverside Drive in Johnson City when the object was seen again, but higher in the sky.

"Witness pulled onto a side street and took two pictures. He observed the object for approximately two minutes before it again shot straight upward and away."

Living in that area of New York where the picture was supposedly taken, the time would be dawn or pre-dawn based on the position of the sun. The fact that the edge is brightly lit but not the bottom makes it IMO a hoax.

How many times does this need to be said. UFO's are UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS. They are NOT alien spacecraft. Yes, MAYBE they are but it's also very very possible they are not. Just because somebody sees something in the sky that they can not identify, does not make it ALIEN.

Jeeeez. If you do not know anything about UFO's then don't bother posting. LOSERS.

And may i add....... it makes me laugh how many people come on this site and comment on stories, just to dismiss it out of hand as fake or a hoax. If you are not going to open your mind and consider that the earth holds many a thing that is weird and strange and possible and we have only ever studied about 000000.0000001% of the universe, then dont bother commenting on stories. Nobody wants to read you saying "HOAX HOAX" "They are lying, they are deluded, they need help".

Grow up and bugger off.

How many times does this need to be said. UFO's are UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS. They are NOT alien spacecraft. Yes, MAYBE they are but it's also very very possible they are not. Just because somebody sees something in the sky that they can not identify, does not make it ALIEN.

Jeeeez. If you do not know anything about UFO's then don't bother posting. LOSERS.

Wow, I've never heard it put quite like that before. Very eye-opening. Thank you.

And may i add....... it makes me laugh how many people come on this site and comment on stories, just to dismiss it out of hand as fake or a hoax. If you are not going to open your mind and consider that the earth holds many a thing that is weird and strange and possible and we have only ever studied about 000000.0000001% of the universe, then dont bother commenting on stories. Nobody wants to read you saying "HOAX HOAX" "They are lying, they are deluded, they need help".

Grow up and bugger off.

Wiz, stop taking everything at face value and actually think about what's presented. Oh and if you don't like people posting their opinions on a discussion bard then perhaps it is you who should bugger off.

Is it high above the trees (thus large), or low in front of the trees (thus small, and yeah maybe a frisbee type toy)? Hard to tell from the picture.

I hafe to agree with wiz on this one..if you people are going to asume hoax why comment ..plus if you guys are so smart an can explain it...why dont you go be a scientist like open your mind a bit sure it can be anything but this site is about, unexplained not critism... By the way sergean its not venus ..venus is not in our close transit anymore we cant see it clearly from earth it look like Bright star in the sky.....an for everyone to say its hoaxs all im pointin out is your not a scientist plus science aint always right it always changes an now of days we dont know half the stuff ths goverments are buildin...people fear what they dont understand an asume....so keep an open mind it can be anything well never know until its proven hoax or real so stop tryin to be a know it all people...if your so smart why yous on the site then lol simple!!