Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#5131    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,729 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 17 January 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

My reasoning is simple. If we cannot even show which one of these man was Jesus, can the real alien please step forward?

:tu:

I'm Spartacus!

Edited by seeder, 17 January 2013 - 10:41 PM.

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#5132    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,033 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 17 January 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

yay, we're back to rocks.
Do you have any views on the God/Aliens/Jesus question, Z?

I have one.

How can a species of one arise? That being God.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#5133    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 17 January 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

Ancient man wasn't an idiot.

Compared to us I'd say just uneducated, certainly not stupid.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#5134    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,033 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

View PostTheOtherSide1945, on 17 January 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

ok i concede. ancient man could have done everything. if so, they had advanced knowledge of engineering. they also had advanced knowledge of astronomy. why then, are they making monuments and worshipping false gods that come from the stars? why are the ancient Sumerians talking about gods using machines to alter genetics? if they are were so smart they should know that there werent gods that came from the sky. why are they making these giant structures to worship "gods?" why are they obsessed about kings being from the same blood as gods that came from the sky?

Because man is curious and wants to know. We are conscious matter of the Universe. We all have to start someplace. Religion explained natural phenomena quite satisfactorily for the time and I guess what we might call fate and organised it into something we could comprehend. This developed into religion. Sharia is still law in the middle east. We have not completely passed this phase yet. But I am sure the time will come.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#5135    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 17 January 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

I have one.

Panspermia!!

No, that's not right...

Spontaneous Combustion!!

No, not that one either...

I got nothing...

:lol:

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#5136    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 17 January 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Because man is curious and wants to know. We are conscious matter of the Universe. We all have to start someplace. Religion explained natural phenomena quite satisfactorily for the time and I guess what we might call fate and organised it into something we could comprehend. This developed into religion. Sharia is still law in the middle east. We have not completely passed this phase yet. But I am sure the time will come.

Hopefully soon however I think it will get worse before it gets better. Darkest before dawn and all that...

#5137    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,481 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 17 January 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

I have one.

In the beginning, was the word. And the word was with God, and the Word was God.
Therefore, God was written into existence. Who wrote God into existence you ask? God did. Or Jack Kirby, one of the two.

#5138    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 3,968 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

View PostTheOtherSide1945, on 17 January 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

ok i concede. ancient man could have done everything. if so, they had advanced knowledge of engineering. they also had advanced knowledge of astronomy. why then, are they making monuments and worshipping false gods that come from the stars? why are the ancient Sumerians talking about gods using machines to alter genetics? if they are were so smart they should know that there werent gods that came from the sky. why are they making these giant structures to worship "gods?" why are they obsessed about kings being from the same blood as gods that came from the sky?

In most churches, there are incredibly smart people (engineers, judges, doctors, scientists).   Just because I don't believe in everything they do doesn't take away from their intelligence.

#5139    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,033 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 17 January 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

In the beginning, was the word. And the word was with God, and the Word was God.
Therefore, God was written into existence. Who wrote God into existence you ask? God did. Or Jack Kirby, one of the two.

Hmmrzz, putting on my philosophical at for a second.......

The Bible is words, and the word is indeed God, are we not trying to let us know we are responsible for our own religion in a cryptic fashion?

#5140    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,481 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 18 January 2013 - 02:32 AM, said:

Hmmrzz, putting on my philosophical at for a second.......

The Bible is words, and the word is indeed God, are we not trying to let us know we are responsible for our own religion in a cryptic fashion?
Or that God wrote us as well ;)
I blame Jack Kirby personally. Kirby's God at any rate (I've the pictures to prove it!).

Edited by Wearer of Hats, 18 January 2013 - 02:54 AM.

#5141    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,033 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 17 January 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

Panspermia!!

No, that's not right...

Spontaneous Combustion!!

No, not that one either...

I got nothing...

:lol:

LOL, you and me both mate!

#5142    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,033 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 18 January 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

Or that God wrote us as well ;)
I blame Jack Kirby personally. Kirby's God at any rate (I've the pictures to prove it!).

You have the pics?

God is American?

He is still a DJ I take it though?

Man, that is going to flatten a few tires................ :ph34r:

The Middle East is going to be cheesed of at this news.

Edited by psyche101, 18 January 2013 - 05:34 AM.

#5143    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,033 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 17 January 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

Hopefully soon however I think it will get worse before it gets better. Darkest before dawn and all that...

I am really hoping the darkest bit was the Thirty Years war, but your right. It seems it might take even more than another war to smash democracy and a fair shake into some heads.

Shame that. Thank the Lord for Canadian Club and Guinness. We have some civility to fall back upon.

Edited by psyche101, 18 January 2013 - 07:02 AM.

#5144    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,033 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

View Postseeder, on 17 January 2013 - 10:39 PM, said:

:tu:

I'm Spartacus!

:w00t:

Just looked at it on the phone so I could see it. :lol: :tu: I cannot help it, now I have to post YT - DAMN YOU SPARTACUS!!

Edited by psyche101, 18 January 2013 - 07:06 AM.

#5145    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,537 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 17 January 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

I think they would have seen them as strange visitors surely however if an alien were to pour water from a shiny metal flask the ancients would then assume that alien must be Bill the Giver of Life (water)? That's a bit of a stretch I think.
To be quite honest, I think of course they would. Certainly in polytheistic societies, they saw that gods were responsible for everything, and they weren't above popping down from time to time to appear in person or take a hand in person. (Look at the Iliad, and that was a step or two above your basic "primitive" societies). Hopw else might they have thought of it, since in their cosmology they'd almost certainly think of the earth as being the centre of the universe, if they any conception that there might be other heavenly bodies at all?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image