Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What do your 3 favorite songs say about you

Soul Kitchen

Post your three favorite songs, and see what other people can infer about you as a person judging from those three songs.

I'll start:

Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child

The Animals - House of the Rising Sun

I have more than three favorite songs, but these are the ones I settled on for the moment. :cry:

And I realize the irony of there being no Santana.

Edited by Thesantanafan

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soul Kitchen

• WORKING CLASS AL

• my_psychosis

• H.H. Holmes

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man I can't wait!!!

I'm an upstart---The Angelic Upstarts

Boys on the dock-Dropkick Murphys

Death or glory - The Clash

Post your three favorite songs, and see what other people can infer about you as a person judging from those three songs.

I'll start:

Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child

The Animals - House of the Rising Sun

I have more than three favorite songs, but these are the ones I settled on for the moment. :cry:

And I realize the irony of there being no Santana.

Fan----I don't know the last song but the others have that blues influence heavy riff thing going on. I bet you like the blues, but even more the electric rock n'roll blues stuff,you might listen to Stevie Ray Vaugn. You are in your 30-s to 50s maybe? You maybe are from the South....Texas? You maybe play a bit of guitar yourself. Do you ride a bike ( as in Harley...not Schwinn)

Tell me how I did.

WorkingClass Al

Oh man I can't wait!!!

I'm an upstart---The Angelic Upstarts

Boys on the dock-Dropkick Murphys

Death or glory - The Clash

You could have at least made links, bro :P

My conclusion... You're a punk! In the nicest sense of the word, of course. You have a bit of that youthful energy maybe? You might identify with Irish culture, since you like Irish-influenced music.

You have that punk view of the world and you disagree with a lot of society, but you do so more as just an opinion than an actual anger towards the world. In other words, you're not a negative punk.

A song that I almost put in the list that you might like:

Edited by Thesantanafan

Fan----I don't know the last song but the others have that blues influence heavy riff thing going on. I bet you like the blues, but even more the electric rock n'roll blues stuff,you might listen to Stevie Ray Vaugn. You are in your 30-s to 50s maybe? You maybe are from the South....Texas? You maybe play a bit of guitar yourself. Do you ride a bike ( as in Harley...not Schwinn)

Tell me how I did.

WorkingClass Al

I'm younger than 30, I just like music before my time. I do like the blues and songs with dominant electric guitar. I don't like Stevie Ray Vaughn, but only because of his cover of Voodoo Child and how people seem to think it challenges Hendrix.

I tried guitar lessons a few times but I wasn't good about practicing and for various unfortunate reasons the lessons slowed to a stop.

I don't ride a motorcycle, although I'm about to try Dirtbiking. I mountain bike, but at least not with a Schwinn :P .

And it says in my profile that I'm from California, lol. It was the House of the Rising Sun gave you that western impression, huh?

I guess it's hard to say much from four songs, you made more inferences about my music tastes than my personality.

I'll put a few more songs:

The Doors - Soul Kitchen

Edited by Thesantanafan

I'm younger than 30, I just like music before my time. I do like the blues and songs with dominant electric guitar. I don't like Stevie Ray Vaughn, but only because of his cover of Voodoo Child and how people seem to think it challenges Hendrix.

I tried guitar lessons a few times but I wasn't good about practicing and for various unfortunate reasons the lessons slowed to a stop.

I don't ride a motorcycle, although I'm about to try Dirtbiking. I mountain bike, but at least not with a Schwinn :P .

And it says in my profile that I'm from California, lol. It was the House of the Rising Sun gave you that western impression, huh?

I didn't know if the Cali in the profile was a home state thing or if you moved here. You hit a lot of the stuff on my post pretty close. I gotta respectfully disagree with you on the Stevie Ray Vaughn thing....he was great. Hendrix just plain out and out ruled--AXIS BOLD AS LOVE....Oh My freaking God that is insane!!! You sound like a good cat if you are in your 20s and like Hendrix!!!!! Hey Brother....check out a Sioux band called "Indigenous" they play really great electric blues. Try Danzig 1-3 for some bluesy metallic stuff. You know you also can not beat Los Lonely Boys either -they guys are great musicians!

Later Bro

Al

I didn't know if the Cali in the profile was a home state thing or if you moved here. You hit a lot of the stuff on my post pretty close. I gotta respectfully disagree with you on the Stevie Ray Vaughn thing....he was great. Hendrix just plain out and out ruled--AXIS BOLD AS LOVE....Oh My freaking God that is insane!!! You sound like a good cat if you are in your 20s and like Hendrix!!!!! Hey Brother....check out a Sioux band called "Indigenous" they play really great electric blues. Try Danzig 1-3 for some bluesy metallic stuff. You know you also can not beat Los Lonely Boys either -they guys are great musicians!

Later Bro

Al

Thanks a lot for suggesting Indigenous, it's great stuff! I'm just suprised I've never heard of them.

First I had such a hard time choosing and I had to break the rules a little and went with four. Actualy there are so many more i love and even now they are coming to my mind but this could go on forever so I'll start here.

Cant stop by Red hot chili peppers

Free four by Pink Floyd

Empty Garden by Elton Jhon

Truly madly deeply by Savage garden

I tried to put in you tube links but it said i could not put in that many.

Well, this is a hard thing for me to do. I have such an eclectic taste in music and I can't really say that I have favorites, but I will try my best to represent my tastes accurately with three songs.

First, I HAVE to choose "Hey Baby-New Rising Sun" by Jimi Hendrix, specifically the live edition that he played at Berkeley shortly before his death. The opening solo is simply breathtaking to me and it still gives me goosebumps, even after listening to it a hundred plus times. I love pretty much all of Hendrix's work, especially his live performances. If you have heard alot of his live recordings, then you know that he rarely ever played a song the same as he did on the album. He was very gifted at improvising on the spot. I would also suggest his guitar improvisation during his woodstock performance, which shows that he was the greatest live performer of his era. God bless Hendrix, he really was venturing into a whole new realm of music before he died.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKPzj3xcWO4

It might be in stark contrast to the song above, but I really like "Heaven's a Lie" by Lacuna Coil. It is the only Gothic genre song that I really like, mostly because of the powerful vocals and lyrics. Plus, the synth harmony that forms the base of the melody is very inspiring to me. The lyrics are also a strong part, in my opinion, because of it's denial of faith and the addressing of inner hopes. Anyways, make what you want out of it.

Lastly, "Kool Thing" by Sonic Youth is one of my all-time favorites. It has a hard hitting guitar riff that is done in alternate tuning, which is pretty unique this day in age. Not drop-D tuning, mind you, that is the new fave of death metal and is not the tuning that is used in this song. The middle part where it kind of rambles on isn't the best, but the rest is simply unique in all aspects. Sonic Youth deserve some credit, especially as an Indy rock band.

Edited by H.H. Holmes

I guess it's hard to say much from four songs, you made more inferences about my music tastes than my personality.

I'll put a few more songs:

The Doors - Soul Kitchen

I respect Stevie Ray Vaughan and actually quite enjoy his covers of Voodoo Child and Little Wing. He was probably the only blues-rock guitarist that even came close to Jimi's ability in improvising on the spot. If you like Voodoo Child Slight Return, then I suggest you listen to this gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgGGM1t9cQQ

Jimi does it all in his performance at Berkeley, he was at the top of his game that night. His transitions and the interludes are almost unique to this live edition, so I would really suggest checking it out. Plus, he does some neat guitar tricks (between the legs, behind the back, using the microphone stand as a slide, etc...) during the performance.

My favorite songs change depending on my mood and other factors. There has only been one song that I can think of that has always been a favorite.

i only have 1 favorite song.

ring of fire, johnny cash

sorry no link.

You could have at least made links, bro :P

My conclusion... You're a punk! In the nicest sense of the word, of course. You have a bit of that youthful energy maybe? You might identify with Irish culture, since you like Irish-influenced music.

You have that punk view of the world and you disagree with a lot of society, but you do so more as just an opinion than an actual anger towards the world. In other words, you're not a negative punk.

A song that I almost put in the list that you might like:

I love Irish music. I am kinda new to it though so I love this link and the song thanks for posting it.

My son is into some very loud heavy metal Irish band. I cant remember the name but i like I like it.

I love Irish music. I am kinda new to it though so I love this link and the song thanks for posting it.

My son is into some very loud heavy metal Irish band. I cant remember the name but i like I like it.

There are several, but I'm guessing it's the Dropkick Murphies.

Well, this is a hard thing for me to do. I have such an eclectic taste in music and I can't really say that I have favorites, but I will try my best to represent my tastes accurately with three songs.

First, I HAVE to choose "Hey Baby-New Rising Sun" by Jimi Hendrix, specifically the live edition that he played at Berkeley shortly before his death. The opening solo is simply breathtaking to me and it still gives me goosebumps, even after listening to it a hundred plus times. I love pretty much all of Hendrix's work, especially his live performances. If you have heard alot of his live recordings, then you know that he rarely ever played a song the same as he did on the album. He was very gifted at improvising on the spot. I would also suggest his guitar improvisation during his woodstock performance, which shows that he was the greatest live performer of his era. God bless Hendrix, he really was venturing into a whole new realm of music before he died.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKPzj3xcWO4

It might be in stark contrast to the song above, but I really like "Heaven's a Lie" by Lacuna Coil. It is the only Gothic genre song that I really like, mostly because of the powerful vocals and lyrics. Plus, the synth harmony that forms the base of the melody is very inspiring to me. The lyrics are also a strong part, in my opinion, because of it's denial of faith and the addressing of inner hopes. Anyways, make what you want out of it.

Lastly, "Kool Thing" by Sonic Youth is one of my all-time favorites. It has a hard hitting guitar riff that is done in alternate tuning, which is pretty unique this day in age. Not drop-D tuning, mind you, that is the new fave of death metal and is not the tuning that is used in this song. The middle part where it kind of rambles on isn't the best, but the rest is simply unique in all aspects. Sonic Youth deserve some credit, especially as an Indy rock band.

Okay, here it goes.

You appreciate the dramatic/climatic. You might be unimpressed with life/the world sometimes? Not 100% satisfied with everything?

You like change, innovation, or uniqueness?

I'm tired right now, I'm not that assertive. I'll get back to you.