Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Vampirism

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#16    Pauly Dangerously

Pauly Dangerously

Government Agent

• 3,285 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:05 PM

View PostAlienated Being, on 08 July 2010 - 07:06 PM, said:

It has been scientifically proven that drinking blood can potentially increase the length of one's life.

Source?

#17    puridalan

puridalan

Mystical as a Unicorn...

• 3,844 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:21 PM

Drinking blood doesn't make one crazy, it is considered cannablistic bc of the blood ,though is far from MOST cannibalistic acts which involved violence and ripping apart and eating ones flesh. I think there is a huge difference from someone hunting someone down ripping them open eating their organs, all done with force and unwillingly, compare to a person who drinks a small amount of blood from a willing consenting person, in which little or no pain is involved.

#18    Pauly Dangerously

Pauly Dangerously

Government Agent

• 3,285 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:23 PM

View Postpuridalan, on 08 July 2010 - 08:21 PM, said:

Drinking blood doesn't make one crazy, it is considered cannablistic bc of the blood ,though is far from MOST cannibalistic acts which involved violence and ripping apart and eating ones flesh. I think there is a huge difference from someone hunting someone down ripping them open eating their organs, all done with force and unwillingly, compare to a person who drinks a small amount of blood from a willing consenting person, in which little or no pain is involved.

Which, with all do respect, is not Vampirism. It's a lifestyle choice.

#19    JamieSymptom

JamieSymptom

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:25 AM

View PostAlienated Being, on 08 July 2010 - 07:06 PM, said:

It has been scientifically proven that drinking blood can potentially increase the length of one's life.

It has?

A link to the study, or at least a summary for further reading would be great, cheers.

Posted Image

#20    Disembodied Voice

Disembodied Voice

Mystical Bean Chaointe

• 1,201 posts

• My inspiration is ART...Because without ART we would just be stuck with reality. - Daniel R. Lynch

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:33 PM

Read this book: - "The Science of Vampires" by Katherine Ramsland :)

edit: There is a science behind "blood" vampires. The book will give you all the info you want. You can probably get it on Amazon.

Edited by Disembodied Voice, 22 August 2010 - 01:35 PM.

Posted Image

MY PARANORMAL BLOG: ENTER IF YOU DARE!
"Reality is a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there."
"I am a lover not a fighter but I will fight for what I love."
"Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

#21    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:57 AM

VAMPIRES DO EXIST !!!!!!!

in movies though
sorry but i think people who claim they are vampire lack
social life ... it's the lack of advanture and interesting events
in their life and they seek attention like they are different
from people which is not true
there's nothing wrong with being normal actually

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#22    Grape Soda

Grape Soda

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:03 AM

View PostPaul Dangerously, on 08 July 2010 - 08:23 PM, said:

Which, with all do respect, is not Vampirism. It's a lifestyle choice.
and is still cannibalistic.

#23    WolvenHeart7

WolvenHeart7

EternalSeer

• 3,911 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:56 AM

View PostGrape Soda, on 23 August 2010 - 05:03 AM, said:

and is still cannibalistic.
Many of you don't understand the desire that blood infuses in a certain population.
Let's say you crave steak. Not a big deal, since its not frowned upon in the general population. It's a big craving, and you would do anything to whet this desire. Or is it not this strong? Surely you could find some other source to fulfill your hunger needs.
But what if you couldn't, and that desire had to remain with you, knawing at you constantly? And nothing but steak could fulfill it? Or in this case blood...
It might be taboo, but we don't see mortal blood drinkers running around killing people for blood. They look for donors. Have some respect.

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

#24    illuminated

illuminated

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 204 posts

• This is the last time i pray to the sky, because everything we were ever told is a lie.

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:52 AM

View PostChabs, on 08 July 2010 - 07:06 PM, said:

It has been scientifically proven that drinking blood can potentially increase the length of one's life. However, I find the possibility of vampires existing to be absolutely ridiculous. If you drink blood because you think it keeps you alive, not only are you cannibalistic, but you are also delusional and need to be placed in a mental institution.  :sleepy:

Actually it has not been scientifically proven

maybe there has been a study with very inflammed results. Drinking blood has alot of variables to it which are proven and  not proven.
such as, if the blood has a disease in it, then the blood drinker can not only get sick but can die from it.

Now some religions (not mainstream but cults and secret societies) think that drinking blood  can enlighten yu and give yu the ones knowledge and experiences. which of course sounds crazy.

im sure everyone knows who the vampire legends start from Dracula who is really Vlad the Impaler

"Vlad the Impaler did not resemble the stereotypical Dracula character we think of today. Having lived from 1431 to 1476, Vlad the Impaler was a ruler of Wallachia, a region of Romania. Vlad the Impaler was also known as Vlad III and Vlad Tepes. He was a prince known for his cruelty and propensity to impale anyone who got in his way"

he was a cruel man who beheaded  many people and had their heads  impaled on a steak  his  castle was surrounded by impaled bodies and heads.
The blood drinking came from when he would eat he would eat around the bodies  dipping his bread or w.e into the blood.

Modern day vampires  often put themselves in a world where they are these "vampires" who believe if they dont drink blood they feel weak so much to the point it actually happens.   others do it for attention others do it to show their dark side.  but in any way  being a vampire is just a phase or mental state people go through.

also some people dont call themselves vampires but "radikas"

Posted Image
Innocent people get murdered in the struggle daily. And poor people never get **** and struggle daily. This ain't no alien conspiracy theory, this **** is real. Written on the dollar underneath the Masonic sealuhhh censorship is everywhere...

#25    Pauly Dangerously

Pauly Dangerously

Government Agent

• 3,285 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:25 PM

View PostAliveInDeath, on 23 August 2010 - 07:56 AM, said:

Many of you don't understand the desire that blood infuses in a certain population.
Let's say you crave steak. Not a big deal, since its not frowned upon in the general population. It's a big craving, and you would do anything to whet this desire. Or is it not this strong? Surely you could find some other source to fulfill your hunger needs.
But what if you couldn't, and that desire had to remain with you, knawing at you constantly? And nothing but steak could fulfill it? Or in this case blood...
It might be taboo, but we don't see mortal blood drinkers running around killing people for blood. They look for donors. Have some respect.

Just because you're obsessed with something doesn't mean other people have to respect that. Nor does someone finding a donor negate the fact the eating or drinking of flesh or blood of your own species is cannabalism. It just is. Just because you find the term cannibal taboo, doesn't mean people can't use the term. Have some respect.

#26    WORKING CLASS AL

WORKING CLASS AL

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:58 PM

What about Psychic Vampires??  I mean we all know that one person that seems to feed off of others...whether that be by creating tension or always having some sort of drama that they want to involve you in.  They literally seem sapped when you don't let them in.  There is a book from Llewelyn Press by some guy called Konstantinos that addresses the Psychic Vampire...if I remember correctly Dion Fortune's "Psychic Self Defense " addresed the subject well too.  Now maybe a "blood vampire" is the same thing as a "Psychic Vampire" , but the blood is a focus of sorts for ingesting the energy.  SOUNDS KINDA KOOKY HUH?  As for all of the Hot Topic kids who become Vampires after sucking on their Mommy and Daddy's bank accounts....there are a buttload of those roaming around.  Thank God my kids didn't get all Vampire obsessed after reading/watching Twilight!

-WORKING CLASS AL

Let’s drink to the causes in your life:
Your Family, your Friends, the Union , your Wife

“ Boys on the dock”
The Dropkick Murphys

#27    Pauly Dangerously

Pauly Dangerously

Government Agent

• 3,285 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:12 PM

View PostWORKING CLASS AL, on 23 August 2010 - 03:58 PM, said:

What about Psychic Vampires??  I mean we all know that one person that seems to feed off of others...whether that be by creating tension or always having some sort of drama that they want to involve you in.  They literally seem sapped when you don't let them in.  There is a book from Llewelyn Press by some guy called Konstantinos that addresses the Psychic Vampire...if I remember correctly Dion Fortune's "Psychic Self Defense " addresed the subject well too.  Now maybe a "blood vampire" is the same thing as a "Psychic Vampire" , but the blood is a focus of sorts for ingesting the energy.  SOUNDS KINDA KOOKY HUH?  As for all of the Hot Topic kids who become Vampires after sucking on their Mommy and Daddy's bank accounts....there are a buttload of those roaming around.  Thank God my kids didn't get all Vampire obsessed after reading/watching Twilight!

-WORKING CLASS AL

Eh. Psychic vampires are worse than real vampires because it's a self feeding delusion. The more depressed you act, people around you get depressed, you feel like maybe you're special for realz, and you seem energized by this prospect, which makes you think you stole this energy from the people around you. When you try to tell people that there is no evidence of any psychic transfer of energy anywhere, they respond with how speshul and dark they are and they don't want to be studied...blah blah blah. All of this is my opinion of course.

#28    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:15 PM

View PostPaul Dangerously, on 23 August 2010 - 04:12 PM, said:

Eh. Psychic vampires are worse than real vampires because it's a self feeding delusion. The more depressed you act, people around you get depressed, you feel like maybe you're special for realz, and you seem energized by this prospect, which makes you think you stole this energy from the people around you. When you try to tell people that there is no evidence of any psychic transfer of energy anywhere, they respond with how speshul and dark they are and they don't want to be studied...blah blah blah. All of this is my opinion of course.

Albeit a very widely held one, and most likely accurate.

the truth is out there....

#29    Black Hound

Black Hound

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:36 PM

Please people for the sake of argument let's agree that there are totally "sane" people out there that model their behavior after vamps. of literature and/or movies and even drink blood of donor. That is their life style,their mental mind-set, maybe from 7:00P.M. to midnight and after that they go back "home", go to bed, get up and go to work until they adopt their vamp. life style for another night on the town.The ones that worry me are the ones that kill for blood, feed on the spot, and vanish as quickly as the came. They do exist whether one chooses to accept it or not.

#30    illuminated

illuminated

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 204 posts

• This is the last time i pray to the sky, because everything we were ever told is a lie.

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:41 PM

View PostGraveyard Hound, on 23 August 2010 - 06:36 PM, said:

Please people for the sake of argument let's agree that there are totally "sane" people out there that model their behavior after vamps. of literature and/or movies and even drink blood of donor. That is their life style,their mental mind-set, maybe from 7:00P.M. to midnight and after that they go back "home", go to bed, get up and go to work until they adopt their vamp. life style for another night on the town.The ones that worry me are the ones that kill for blood, feed on the spot, and vanish as quickly as the came. They do exist whether one chooses to accept it or not.

your right some sane people do believe they are a vampire. but the idea of them needing blood to get their strength is in their mind they think it so much they eventually believe it.

Posted Image
Innocent people get murdered in the struggle daily. And poor people never get **** and struggle daily. This ain't no alien conspiracy theory, this **** is real. Written on the dollar underneath the Masonic sealuhhh censorship is everywhere...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users