Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Terrorists Win

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,524 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 09:27 AM

Please read the following, in order to understand the reasons for the attack:

Who’s Next after Madrid?

Edited by Erikl, 16 March 2004 - 09:28 AM.

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#17    stillcrazy

stillcrazy

Poltergeist

• 2,172 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 09:28 AM

Are the Spanish cowards? No.

I agree 100% thumbsup.gif
Are they bowing to terrorism? Well, that depends how you look at it; if the majority of Spaniards had been for the conflict and now voted out the Government because of this bombing then the answer would be 'yes'. But, as the vast majority were opposed to the War, then I think they are simply showing their anger at what has been brought upon them because of their Government's support of Bush.

80% of the Spanish population didn't agree with being involved with Bush and Iraq. So they voted out the man that put them in this position. Which is what they should do if they do not like where he has taken their country.  I don't think they bowed to terrorism per se. But it's not what I think that matters right now. It is how the terrorist are going to read the results of this election. Remeber we're talking about a group that can't even get the message of the Koran right.  crying.gif

Stamford, well presented with sound logic.  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  

#18    Stamford

Stamford

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Here's to better days

Posted 16 March 2004 - 09:32 AM

I think that one of the greatest weapons in their arsenal is the fact that they could strike anywhere.

These people are opportunistic and will strike wherever the security is seen as weak, allowing them to fulfill their purpose of sowing fear around the world.

Edited by Stamford, 16 March 2004 - 09:38 AM.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Jim Morrison

"When you laugh about people, so very, very lonely their only desire is to die, well I'm afraid it doesn't make me smile. I wish I could laugh. But that joke isn't funny anymore, it's too close to home and it's too near the bone... "

The Smiths

#19    Stamford

Stamford

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Here's to better days

Posted 16 March 2004 - 09:37 AM

It is how the terrorist are going to read the results of this election.

I agree with you stillcrazy and I think these maniacs will get a lot of milage from this.

Stamford, well presented with sound logic.
Thanks, mate, although with every passing horror this old world of ours chucks out I get a little more depressed and confused.

Where are we heading?  crying.gif  

Jim Morrison

"When you laugh about people, so very, very lonely their only desire is to die, well I'm afraid it doesn't make me smile. I wish I could laugh. But that joke isn't funny anymore, it's too close to home and it's too near the bone... "

The Smiths

#20    stillcrazy

stillcrazy

Poltergeist

• 2,172 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 10:01 AM

Erikl, very interesting artical.

However I take all news articals with a grain of salt. It's my jaded eye so to speak.

I have no doubt that Osama and company, also read these stories to see what we are doing. I do not believe that they have a structured order of attack per se, each target will be attacked but not with any set order.

I read between thirty to sixty newspapers a day to see whats going on and how others look at the U.S.  And while I also like Israel's reporting, but due to their current situation, I find bias in most of it. No disrespect to you or your country. It happens in all news organizations. (It's the only way you get the government to cooperate with stories)  

But I still stand by my statement that Osama and his crew are not so much looking to attain a set goal at this time. All they need to do is get the people of certain countries to turn against it's elected officials. Then the real war will begin.

#21    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 10:22 AM

Remeber we're talking about a group that can't even get the message of the Koran right.

Can anybody help me turning these Koran verses ...

Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors. And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult or oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith. But if they cease, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression.

... into ...

Go with bomb tightened arround your body and blow yourself up along with the infidels

blink.gif  blink.gif  wacko.gif  

#22    Stamford

Stamford

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Here's to better days

Posted 16 March 2004 - 11:23 AM

And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression.

I guess in the eyes of these people the above is still relevant?

Jim Morrison

The Smiths

#23    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 16 March 2004 - 12:03 PM

totally right stamford.

The spanish people just used their democratic right.....

The spanish people didnt want the war, now theyve shown what happens when governments think tehy are invincible, also anzar blind blaming almost zealot like of ETA made him look like he was further misleading his people.

Why isnt what spain is doing the right thing, What if in going down this route they find a better way of dealing with the obvious hatred of us that exists in the middle east??

Maybe our governments should sit back an take notice of what is happening in spain.  

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#24    Stamford

Stamford

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Here's to better days

Posted 16 March 2004 - 12:38 PM

Maybe our governments should sit back an take notice of what is happening in spain.

It's just a shame Blair won't get kicked out - i'd love to see that smug smile wiped off his face.

Jim Morrison

The Smiths

#25    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 16 March 2004 - 12:50 PM

Yeah i agree until two words pop into my head "michael howard", i swear tehr would be a rebellion in scotland if he got into power after what he did to us.

Maybe gordon brown is our only hope. crying.gif  

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#26    Stamford

Stamford

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Here's to better days

Posted 16 March 2004 - 12:57 PM

Yeah i agree until two words pop into my head "michael howard", i swear tehr would be a rebellion in scotland if he got into power after what he did to us.

I never forgave him for that "Repetative Beats" fiasco in the Criminal Justice Act.

Jim Morrison

The Smiths

#27    final flight

final flight

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 01:31 PM

I thought Japan wasn't allowed to have an Army anymore as part of WW2 treaty.

That is a japanese internal policy. It does not limit the army, it just states that japan cannot take over other land or be the aggresor.

Posted Image
You Might Be Canadian If...

-You know that the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) don't always look like that.
-You can eat more than one maple sugar candy without feeling nauseous.
-You think -10 C is mild weather.
-You know the ingredients for poutine.  
-You die a little inside if you can't get your Tim's double-double every morning.  
-You know the difference between real snow and "television" snow -- the white stuff that passes for snow on tv and in films. You scream, "For Christsake! That should be sticking to their pants!" and "Lookit, it's not melting! That's *so* not snow!" when watching 'Winter' scenes.
-You understand the phrase "Could you pass me a serviette, I just dropped my poutine, on the chesterfield."

#28    Stamford

Stamford

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Here's to better days

Posted 16 March 2004 - 02:43 PM

That is a japanese internal policy. It does not limit the army, it just states that japan cannot take over other land or be the aggresor.

Shame this isn't the policy of certain other countries.  

Jim Morrison

The Smiths

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users