Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best ghost / paranormal shows out?

Bluenose Bulwark

Topic says it all...what are the best ghost / paranormal shows out? Trying to branch out from cryptids and I can't seem to find many besides the Ghost Hunters and the one with that Bilbo's steroid riddled offshoot Zach.

• Like 1

Look on You Tube search 'ghost and paranormal' the titles are endless

• Like 1

When you find your Ghost please let us know.. They are so hard to find these days...

I'm talking about decent shows, not a load of ***hat 13 year olds running around with a cellphone crapping themselves over a shadow.

I like professionally produced asshats running around with expensive cameras crapping themselves over shadows.

• Like 3

I used to like Ghost Adventures until they started getting verbally abusive towards the spirits.

Now I watch cartoons like Scooby Doo.

Lol

I've watched most of those, and I've picked up Haunted Highway which isn't bad.

If you are looking for shows that are off the air there is quite a few. You may find them on YouTube, Netflix or by...hrrm "other means":

Here are some ghosthunting shows:

• Fact or Faked Paranormal
  • Destination Truth (many of the episodes are ghosthunting)
  • Ghost Lab
  • Haunted Encounters Face To Face
  • Ghost Mine
  • Haunted Highway
  • Ghost Bait
  • Haunting.Australia
  • Jane Goldman Investigates the Paranormal
  • New Zealand GhostHunters
  • Northern Irelands Greatest Haunts
  • Paranormal Cops
  • The Paranormal Project
  • Paranormal State
  • The Ghost Detectives
  • Paranormal 5
  • Paranormal Home Inspectors
  • The Afterlife Investigations

This should keep you quite busy.

If you find all of these you are set for the rest of the year. :)

• Like 3

Topic says it all...what are the best ghost / paranormal shows out? Trying to branch out from cryptids and I can't seem to find many besides the Ghost Hunters and the one with that Bilbo's steroid riddled offshoot Zach.

Ghost Adventures (sounds weird, but show is pretty legit)
  • Like 1

Scoobie Doo.

Still watching it. I just love it.

On the internet I quite follow this "Huff Paranormal" because I want to convince myself that what he does is a combination between coincidences and the sound-pareidolia thingy, but somehow, some of his videos are quite strange from the fact that some of the voices coming from the devices are quite unique and you can hear clearly that they are speaking. It could be hoaxed but who knows...(X-files music)

• Like 1

I'm talking about decent shows, not a load of ***hat 13 year olds running around with a cellphone crapping themselves over a shadow.

I like professionally produced asshats running around with expensive cameras crapping themselves over shadows.

LOLOLOL!

Even if this post doesn't earn a Gold Star. I bestow one on you anyway! (Careful the corners are sharp)

I'm talking about decent shows

That just put the list to zero.

I also like to know more about ghost or paranormal if you will find something so please share that hare also.

Speaking of 'Destination Truth', I believe Josh Gates is hosting a show on the Travel Channel which is the same manner of DT, but different show title. Which I consider good news. Ghost Adventures is also on the Travel Channel, and a channel I respect. I have grown to hate the Syfy channel. I kind of wish Ghost Hunters goes somewhere else, like maybe HGTV :tu: I thought watching Defiant last year would help, and I do kind of enjoy the show, but with everything else cancelled before their time on that channel, I didn't watch the season premier and beyond. It's funny, but I know get my Scifi fix on BBCAmerica.

Are there any types of information, anywhere in tv land that ARE really worthwhile watching, as in, informing a person of something they might not already know? Been watchin' since the mid 50s and it is still a "wasteland" to me but, hey, at 67, I get bored really easy.

I've found several of the 'Haunted History' episodes to be interesting. The one on the Manson Murders gave a fairly detailed background on the events that led up to the murders and another one in Charleston that concerned a serial killer whom I can only imagine inspired the story of Sweeny Todd, right down to the trick furniture and the killing drop...I forget who the serial killer was now.

I used to like Ghost Adventures until they started getting verbally abusive towards the spirits.

Now I watch cartoons like Scooby Doo.

I don't know about that show. I think they fake the evidence. If not then I guess being D-bag really gets results... Lol

The problem is, most of these big name shows can't be trusted.

They're given the stipulation that "If nothing happens we will have to fake stuff to add in". Otherwise they don't get the TV contract.

I used to really enjoy My ghost story but some of the stories just seemed a bit too far-fetched.

Turns out that If somebodies story wasn't that exciting they would add to it. -_-

Most of these shows follow the same format with the cameras focused on the presenter(s) rather than on the area they are investigating. I am sick of hearing the comment "did you see that?" on these shows. Well we might have seen what was alleged to have been seen by the presenter if the camera was pointing in the direction that he or she was looking!

There is also the problem that ghosts don't appear to order. I worked in a building where I had paranormal experiences but during the 40 years I worked there, they only happened on a few occasions. To go to a building which is alleged to be haunted and be able to capture visible or audible evidence over the space of a couple of days is, in reality, not going to work.. I would be far more convinced if they left cameras, recording devices etc for at least a week in a sterile environment and captured something. Until someone does this then I think we have to look at all these ghost hunting programmes for what they really are, entertainment.

Most of these shows follow the same format with the cameras focused on the presenter(s) rather than on the area they are investigating. I am sick of hearing the comment "did you see that?" on these shows. Well we might have seen what was alleged to have been seen by the presenter if the camera was pointing in the direction that he or she was looking!

There is also the problem that ghosts don't appear to order. I worked in a building where I had paranormal experiences but during the 40 years I worked there, they only happened on a few occasions. To go to a building which is alleged to be haunted and be able to capture visible or audible evidence over the space of a couple of days is, in reality, not going to work.. I would be far more convinced if they left cameras, recording devices etc for at least a week in a sterile environment and captured something. Until someone does this then I think we have to look at all these ghost hunting programmes for what they really are, entertainment.

Agreed. :)

We've had a lot of paranormal experiences in this house over the years but they are so sporadic. You need to record 24/7 to catch anything.

The only show I've seen that seems legitimate is called Dead Files. An ex NYC cop and a girl that sees spirits. All the rest are crap, as far as I'm concerned.