Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What if we are all in a virtual reality?

end doom simulation sin waste

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    TheTreasureGamer

TheTreasureGamer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• Silence will fall when the question is asked. On the fields of the Trenzalore with the Fall of the Eleventh.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

What if the December 21st 2012 apocalypse really did occur, but at the last moment, before it happened, all of humanity and everyone else were plugged into a virtual machine, that allowed us to live our lives as normal in a simulated reality; a simulated version of Earth? Ala the Matrix? And in the real Earth, it is now a barren, post-apocalyptic wasteland overrun by mutant versions of ourselves; and our souls were plugged into the simulation as to live life still in this new Earth. Everything feels, smells, tastes, looks, and sounds like Earth, but it is just a simulation? Now, I'm not saying this is true because even I think it's on the verge of being considered crazy, but it is just an interesting thing that I thought about.

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,313 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

I think I would have known if I had been "plugged" at the last moment.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    TheTreasureGamer

TheTreasureGamer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• Silence will fall when the question is asked. On the fields of the Trenzalore with the Fall of the Eleventh.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

Yeah, but I didn't fill in all the details in my theory. You don't realise you are plugged in, because you can't tell the difference between Real Earth and Simulated Earth.

#4    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,313 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

View PostTheTreasureGamer, on 12 May 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

Yeah, but I didn't fill in all the details in my theory. You don't realise you are plugged in, because you can't tell the difference between Real Earth and Simulated Earth.
I am a very light sleeper, trust me, I would have known, ask my husband.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#5    TheTreasureGamer

TheTreasureGamer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

Hahaha...But can we stick the jokes aside?

#6    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,148 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

I don't believe this because I think I would of chose a better reality.

#7    TheTreasureGamer

TheTreasureGamer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

you don't have to, it's just a little theory that probably isn't correct. And plus, ironically you don't believe my theory because you didn't read it properly. The simulation theory doesn't mean you choose your reality; you stick with the one you have right now, which is this one; Earth.

#8    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,544 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

If there is no way to distinguish, then there is no way to know.  Distinguish = know.

By the way, I think its probable that we've been in a virtual world ever since the Big Bang, and whatever simulation produced it was in its own simulation, and so on, maybe or maybe not ad infinitum.

#9    TheTreasureGamer

TheTreasureGamer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

Yeah I agree. And if we have been in a virtual world since the Big Bang, then is God simply a product of simulation and isn't real?

#10    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,544 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

"Uncounted worlds constantly rise and fall, each the dream of a Brahma who is the dream of a Brahma."

I would like to take Buddhist credit for that but it was a Hindu who said it.

#11    TheTreasureGamer

TheTreasureGamer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

Even if we are in a simulated version of Earth, I don't care. But if it's true, what happens to us when we die? If we are in a simulation, when we die do we wake up in the real, apocalyptic Earth? Oh no.

#12    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,544 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

I would say more than likely you will stretch, unplug yourself, and say, "Well, as lives go, that one was just average."

#13    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,586 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

It's also possible I created the simulation, thereby making me your god.

#14    TheTreasureGamer

TheTreasureGamer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

If so, then hello God.

I like creeping myself out by thinking up strange philosophical theories like the simulation one.

#15    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,586 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostTheTreasureGamer, on 12 May 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

If so, then hello God.

I like creeping myself out by thinking up strange philosophical theories like the simulation one.
You can show your appreciation by donating money to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users