Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

Roswell debris tested; Not from Earth

• Please log in to reply
905 replies to this topic

#1    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:03 AM

The linked article tells an intriguing story of the the discovery of new metallic debris samples found at the alleged Roswell UFO crash site. A test done on these reveals a isotopic ratio of magnesium 24 and 26 not found on this planet. More confirmatory tests, by independent labs, are contemplated in the near future. If this proves out, UFOlogy suddenly becomes a whole new ball game. http://www.openminds...ell-debris-733/

#2    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:15 AM

View Postbison, on 13 July 2011 - 02:03 AM, said:

The linked article tells an intriguing story of the the discovery of new metallic debris samples found at the alleged Roswell UFO crash site. A test done on these reveals a isotopic ratio of magnesium 24 and 26 not found on this planet. More confirmatory tests, by independent labs, are contemplated in the near future. If this proves out, UFOlogy suddenly becomes a whole new ball game. http://www.openminds...ell-debris-733/

Kimbler was interviewed on Open Minds radio.  

And I don't think much of scientists who refuse to carry out tests because they think aliens are a "bunch of hooey".  I would expect better from supposedly intelligent and educated people.

"The stuff that dreams are made of"

#3    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:31 AM

I certainly wouldn't state for a fact that the material is ET without question, only that it should be tested again and again to confirm the results that it is like no other material found on earth.   I think something like this should be taken very seriously.

I noted that it was tested before and the results come back aluminum and silicon, and apparently it is an alloy that contains magnesium as well.

http://www.openminds...esearchers-728/

"The last panelist is not a long time researcher, but a newcomer to the search for answers to the Roswell mystery. Frank Kimbler is a teacher of geology at the New Mexico Military Institute in Roswell. Taking an interest in the case, he was able to spot an unusual scorch pattern in infra-red satellite images of the desert near where the debris was supposed to have been found. He then went out to the site and found unusual metals. Under analysis the material tuned out to be an aluminum silicate. He then was able to get the Roswell UFO Museum to sponsor an isotopic ratio analysis which also came back with interesting results. From what they discovered, the sample he gave them was not created on earth. Kimbler says he is a scientist and is handling this carefully. There is a possibility that the first lab made a mistake. He will seek further analysis to make sure the findings are correct."

#4    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:32 AM

I am not at all dismissive of the UFO phenomenon, it is certainly the case that much has been observed that is unexplainable with trite explanations. However, the fact remains there is not a single artefact to direct the skeptic toward as the 'hard evidence'. Oh, wait, the "government" has it under wraps ? Has to be the most leak-proof conspiracy of all times, IMO, for that to be true. There are no Rosenbergs left, apparently. I say give these people a pay rise, they have shown themselves head and shoulders above the general run of government employees who like most of us stuff-up from time to time. No, I say the future belongs to such 'tight' communities, not riff-raff who leak like a sieve. Rupert Murdoch is no doubt in awe of it all.

#5    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:47 AM

Other people in the past claimed to have found Roswell wreckage before, but we never seem to hear much more about it.  This is why I am always cautious about these stories, although I am by no means a "skeptic" in the sense that people around here use the term--not at all.  

I think something did crash out there in New Mexico in the 1940s, and was classified Top Secret, but there is also a lot of disinformation and misdirection about all this.

#6    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:54 AM

There have even been hoaxes made to look like films from 1947:

#7    The Id3al Experience

The Id3al Experience

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

• Before enlightenment peel the potatoes, after enlightenment, peel the potatoes.

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:55 AM

I will be watching this space.

Finally somebody doing some tests and getting results.

But I wouldnt be suprized if we never here about this again.

Sad, but the only way some skeptics are going to believe is when they land right in front of them. Fair enough too. Hard to believe there is a being more powerfull/advanced as us. Because we are OBVIOUSLY the most advance. OBVIOUSLY.

(saracism)

Posted Image

#8    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,579 posts

• Keep Your Mach Up and Check Six

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:19 AM

View Postbison, on 13 July 2011 - 02:03 AM, said:

I wanted to mention that military and civilians at Wright-Patterson AFB, have indicated that the Roswell materials they have handled and tested were not of this earth.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#9    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:32 AM

A very eccentric millionaire could have a odd isotope ratio created in a lab.

#10    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,816 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:17 AM

How many of the properties reported by witnesses to the alleged crash site does this piece of metal exhibit?

I find the reaction from the  expert on isotopes at New Mexico Institute of Meteoritics, exactly what I would expect. I am sure they get a number of people wasting their time. I do not feel this was necessary to the article, unless a spin is required.

If this does turn out to be "not from this earth" which I admit is very possible as meteors constantly fall toward earth, why must it be from a spaceship, and not a meteorite? It does not appear to display and features that would label it as technology. It just looks like a lump of metal, just like every other meteorite on earth.

Edited by psyche101, 13 July 2011 - 05:21 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#11    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,816 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:25 AM

View PostThe Id3al Experience, on 13 July 2011 - 03:55 AM, said:

Sad, but the only way some skeptics are going to believe is when they land right in front of them. Fair enough too. Hard to believe there is a being more powerfull/advanced as us.

Do not know much about skeptics do you. What a joke, just because you believe anything at first sight - because it says ALENZ!! - you think everyone should?

View PostThe Id3al Experience, on 13 July 2011 - 03:55 AM, said:

Because we are OBVIOUSLY the most advance. OBVIOUSLY.

(saracism)

Nope, the more common debate is distance. But blind believers rarely listen to what a skeptic actually has to say.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#12    cassandra5655

cassandra5655

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:46 AM

If this does turn out to be "not from this earth" which I admit is very possible as meteors constantly fall toward earth, why must it be from a spaceship, and not a meteorite? It does not appear to display and features that would label it as technology. It just looks like a lump of metal, just like every other meteorite on earth.

aluminum is not a native metal, it is an alloy that is manufactured. i am not a geologist but i don't think its possible to find aluminum alloy in meteorites.

it makes sense that there is still some crash debris out there, very small pieces that have been missed.

i look forward to more test results and coverage.

EDIT: apparently aluminum is considered a native metal but it rarely occurs naturally in its elemental form. again, i am not a geologist.

Edited by cassandra5655, 13 July 2011 - 06:04 AM.

#13    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:51 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 13 July 2011 - 05:17 AM, said:

How many of the properties reported by witnesses to the alleged crash site does this piece of metal exhibit?

I find the reaction from the  expert on isotopes at New Mexico Institute of Meteoritics, exactly what I would expect. I am sure they get a number of people wasting their time. I do not feel this was necessary to the article, unless a spin is required.

Now right here, this is where I emphatically differ from the "skeptics", even though I am not saying that this metal is from an ET spaceship.

I find the attitude of the "expert" appalling, and disagree strongly with those who are unwilling even to put these things to the test or give them serious consideration.  

Then we shall see....

#14    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:55 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 13 July 2011 - 05:25 AM, said:

Do not know much about skeptics do you. What a joke, just because you believe anything at first sight - because it says ALENZ!! - you think everyone should?

Nope, the more common debate is distance. But blind believers rarely listen to what a skeptic actually has to say.

It depends on the "skeptic".  The ones like James Oberg and Phil Klass and their imitators, no I will generally not listen to them because I find their explanations for many UFO reports to be ridiculous--simply silly.  They have made up their minds that there's nothing to it, then go out of their way to dismiss every single report, even if they have to ignore or twist around the evidence to do it.

And yes, I see the same types around here and on every other website.

#15    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,809 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:01 AM

View Postcassandra5655, on 13 July 2011 - 05:46 AM, said:

aluminum is not a native metal, it is an alloy that is manufactured. i am not a geologist but i don't think its possible to find aluminum alloy in meteorites.

it makes sense that there is still some crash debris out there, very small pieces that have been missed.

i look forward to more test results and coverage.
1. Far from being "not a native metal", aluminium is actually the most abundant metal on earth.

2. Aluminium is not an alloy.

Edited by Archimedes, 13 July 2011 - 06:03 AM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users