Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Twinkie-pocalypse

Simbi Laveau

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/16/twinkies-ebay-starting-bid-hostess-bankruptcy_n_2146273.html?utm_hp_ref=technology&ir=Technology

The eternal Hostess brand,is closing up shop . Their iconic Twinkies ,will never be made ,quite like that again .

In light of these events,a Twinkie hoarding frenzy has begun,with them selling on eBay ,for 5000$ for one ,250,000$,for a whole box.

The jokes about them lasting forever because they are all chemicals,are about to be tested .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

I don't understand how they went bankrupt. I see Hostess snacks in like every supermarket and gas station/convenience store around. Where don't you see those black Hostess cupcakes with the swirly white frosting? They're everywhere around here, it seems. They wouldn't stock them if they didn't sell. It just doesn't add up.

edit: Oh, I see. The workers bankrupted the company by refusing to work, because the company was threatening laying off of a large number of workers.

Well, that didn't work out for them.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 3

I don't understand how they went bankrupt. I see Hostess snacks in like every supermarket and gas station/convenience store around. Where don't you see those black Hostess cupcakes with the swirly white frosting? They're everywhere around here, it seems. They wouldn't stock them if they didn't sell. It just doesn't add up.

edit: Oh, I see. The workers bankrupted the company by refusing to work, because the company was threatening laying off of a large number of workers.

I grew up in a union family - Seafarers International Union - in the 70's and watched as my dad slowly got less and less work as a seaman due to the union demands increasing to a point where ship owners finally just used foreign flags and crews to ply their trade. When unions are willing to destroy jobs rather than compromise then I have no sympathy for them. In the early days unions did good work and gained many rights for workers but now they are more interested in enriching themselves and their leadership.
  • Like 4

This is exactly what's going to happen to all the idiot CEOs that fire people because of obamacare .Watch . Fire people ,and productivity and moral will go down . Service and product quality will go down ,people will take business elsewhere .

• Like 1

Damn! Wish I had a twinkie to sell on Ebay, unfortunately I ate them all years ago.

I was at the small grocery store right near my house and I was walking down the aisle when I saw 3 boxes of twinkies,and I remembered how I used to love them!.

we dont have twinkies in Australia.. well not that variety.. in my neighbourhood a twinkie is a young, gay guy who is thin and kind of pretty.. there will always be twinkies here.. lmao..

Edited by with bells on
  • Like 3

we dont have twinkies in Australia.. well not that variety.. in my neighbourhood a twinkie is a young, gay guy who is thin and kind of pretty.. there will always be twinkies here.. lmao..

I've never heard that...I'll never think of twinkies the same again :w00t:
  • Like 1

Nahhh,I've heard that kind of slang .

Now five boxes is going for 1 million .

Some restaurants serve deep fried Twinkies as desserts . I wonder what they will do in lieu of

Who in the world would pay a million for some boxes of Twinkies? They must being building an exhibit in the Smithsonian.

Some restaurants serve deep fried Twinkies as desserts . I wonder what they will do in lieu of

How about chocolate fried bacon??

I almost throw up when I think of it.

Edited by EllJay

That is disgusting EllJay. :wacko:

• Like 1

Nahhh,I've heard that kind of slang .

Now five boxes is going for 1 million .

Buy the knockoffs, which taste strikingly similar.

I stopped eating Twinkies ,decades ago .

There are some places here,all into bacon on stuff like donuts ,and pastries . Supposedly, its delicious .

Pancakes and waffles are in that general category.

I prefer Little Debbie Snack Cakes when I'm in the mood anyway.