Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Sasquatch DNA Study Announcement

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#196    sam12six

sam12six

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 11 December 2012 - 06:58 AM, said:

I wonder what ever happened to the hound project? Some Beagle was supposedly trained to seek out Bigfoot? That project has been rather quiet.

Seriously, and people wonder why these ventures struggle for funding!!!!!!

That project died. The original plan was to have the beagle chase biff down in a plane, but for some reason as soon as they would put the goggles on the dog it would just go sit on top of its doghouse...

#197    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

View PostSakari, on 12 December 2012 - 12:32 AM, said:

Not that Ketchup needs more bad press, she has plenty, I think everyone needs to read the updated link that will be below.....

Just a few quotes from it :

Back to the press release: someone named Robin Lynne (apparently) posted that linked material (apparently largely written by Dr. Ketchum) on the website of Dr. Ketchum’s “DNA Diagnostics” lab. That website gives the following contact information:

Contact Us:
DNA Diagnostics, Inc. ™
d/b/a Shelterwood Laboratories
PO Box 455
569 Bear Drive
Timpson, TX 75975
Phone (936) 254-2228
Fax (936) 254-9286
email: info@dnadiagnostics.com

The byline of the press release, however, is Dallas, maybe a hundred miles away. In the press release Dr. Ketchum’s location is given as Nacogdoches, TX. This press release gives a contact phone number for Mr/Ms.? Lynne? in a Michigan area code. I’m getting confused. Over the Line, Smokey! couldn’t resist trying the number, and after a few rings, a woman answered with a perfunctory upper Midwest “Hello.” Sure enough, she was “Robin Lynne,” but she really couldn’t give much more information about Dr. Ketchum’s study. However, when I asked where these specimens/supposed Bigfoots were found, Robin said, in a matter-of-fact way, “oh, they’re everywhere.” “Oh, really,” I said, half joking, “have you seen one?” to which she answered, “of course, they come around here all the time and I give them food.” Well, I was taken aback. All this bigfoot mystery could be put to rest once and for all if the world would just beat a path to this woman’s back yard. Why hasn’t this happened? Why is she the “press agent” for Dr. Ketchum? A little web searching indicates that “Robin Lynne” is apparently Robin Lynne Pfeifer, a well-known person in bigfoot circles, who claims to feed and communicate with a number of bigfoots. This person evidently traveled to Russiarecently to attend a conference where it was was stated that scientists were 95% certain of the existence of bigfoot.

All that aside, I wanted to talk to Dr. Ketchum herself, so I called the phone number listed for DNA Diagnostics, in Timpson, only to find that it had been disconnected! According to the State of Texas, DNA Diagnostics Inc is “not in good standing” regarding their franchise tax. Hmmm.
A quick search on Shelterwood Laboratories yields the fact that Ketchum was sued for patent infringement and had to stop doing certain tests. Hmm. According to her co-defendant, Ketchum failed to do her homework, and this resulted in the suit:

April 2009 The 2nd lawsuit was filed and this was the final straw between Dr. Ketchum and InGen. Due to Dr. Ketchum’s failure to properly research certain tests that are allegedly protected by patent, InGen was drawn into another lawsuit which eventually led to the early termination of the contract between InGen and Texas A&M. InGen severed its relationship with Dr. Ketchum which was the best thing that has come from that suit.

Ok, there is a ton more at this link :

http://seesdifferent...rn-human-being/

She is involved in all kinds of drama, dirty dealings, and more than one lawsuit, she is apparently not a very trust worthy person from what I have found.

#198    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,214 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:59 AM

View Postevancj, on 12 December 2012 - 01:36 AM, said:

She is involved in all kinds of drama, dirty dealings, and more than one lawsuit, she is apparently not a very trust worthy person from what I have found.

Does that surprise anyone who knows the Bigfoot crowd?

We should make a list of known frauds....( maybe later we can make a list of known Bigfoot Enthusiasts not on this list )

I shall start :

Todd Standing
Tom Biscardi
Dr. Ketchup ( over whelming evidence anyway )
Matt Moneymaker

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#199    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,888 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

View Postsam12six, on 12 December 2012 - 01:08 AM, said:

That project died. The original plan was to have the beagle chase biff down in a plane, but for some reason as soon as they would put the goggles on the dog it would just go sit on top of its doghouse...
HA! HA!

I thought for a second you were going toward the "Snakes on a Plane" angle. With Samuel L. Jackson... "I have had it with these mother****ing bigfoots on this mother****ing plane!" followed by lots of Blam! Blam! Blam!

B'Foots on a Plane, staring Sam Jackson... coming to a theater near you in summer 2013.

Attached File  B'Foots on a Plane.jpg   92.05K   18 downloads

Edited by DieChecker, 12 December 2012 - 03:07 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#200    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: I don't know why I find that pic so damn amusing DieChecker, but I do, and shames me greatly to admit it. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

#201    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,866 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

I could watch Mr. Jackson chase moths off a plane.

#202    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,888 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

View Postevancj, on 12 December 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: I don't know why I find that pic so damn amusing DieChecker, but I do, and shames me greatly to admit it. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
Only took me like 10 minutes using the Paint program on every single windows computer. Getting the one "behind" him was a little hard, because the bigfoot was so small and the angle of the arm was hard to judge by eye.

Fun.

Edited by DieChecker, 12 December 2012 - 03:45 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#203    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:34 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 12 December 2012 - 03:22 AM, said:

I could watch Mr. Jackson chase moths off a plane.

Posted Image

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#204    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,866 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

Hahaha

Tagline: "Who knew killing moths could be so damn cool! And so darn bloody!"

Edited by QuiteContrary, 12 December 2012 - 06:20 AM.

#205    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 11 December 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

Last I remember they were using their own bigfoot hair to train the beagle. But that was like 3 years ago?? If they had elk, or bison or bear hair, then they unfortunately were training their dogs to go after those animals. Maybe they found their "bigfoot trained" dog kept going after bear, or whatever and gave up??

The same page is still up, with the same claim. Funny thing, after all this time it still does not seem to have any comments. There is a link, and that seems to be broken.

LINK

Cute puppy!

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#206    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

View Postsam12six, on 12 December 2012 - 01:08 AM, said:

:tu: :tu:

THAT was freaking awesome :D
Better answer than I could have hoped for. :D :D

Edited by psyche101, 12 December 2012 - 06:48 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#207    Insanity

Insanity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

• "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft, "The Tomb", Published 1922

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Perhaps the rejection news was too soon?  Hopefully something that is not a leak will state what is actually going on.

New leak from Sykes study suggests that Sykes agrees with Ketchum that there is a new hominid in North America!

http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2012/12/11/bigfoot-news-december-11-2012/

"We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have." - H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond" Published 1934

#208    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,214 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

View PostInsanity, on 12 December 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

Perhaps the rejection news was too soon?  Hopefully something that is not a leak will state what is actually going on.

New leak from Sykes study suggests that Sykes agrees with Ketchum that there is a new hominid in North America!

http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2012/12/11/bigfoot-news-december-11-2012/

The leak comes from someone who appears to be close to Ketchum’s study.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#209    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,551 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

View PostSakari, on 12 December 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

Her whole claim is starting to look like a "wish-sandwich".

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#210    Insanity

Insanity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

• "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft, "The Tomb", Published 1922

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

View PostSakari, on 12 December 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

Honestly, there was a leak that Ketchum's findings were rejected during peer review, and now a leak that perhaps that may not be the case?
I'd be happy with some official report, regardless of the results, rather then leaks.

"We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have." - H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond" Published 1934

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users