Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Too Many Paranormal Forums On the Net

Transhumanism

I was searching the internet and there are hundreds of thousands of paranormality forums. Do you think any one of them have any UNIQUE information, or is every forum just a clone of each other? Does any one forum have any unique insight or knowledge? I really don't have enough time in my life to check out the several hundred thousand forums. Why don't all the forums just decide to merge into one mega forum? Is all the redundancy needed? If all the forums have the exact same content, why not merge into one?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Transhumanism

• haunted-one61

• stillcrazy

• NoName

Top Posters In This Topic

Does any one forum have any unique insight or knowledge? I really don't have enough time in my life to check out the several hundred thousand forums.

And neither do we, I suggest you do your own research after all and get back to us with the results.

And neither do we, I suggest you do your own research after all and get back to us with the results.

I am doing research. I want others to help. Combining our efforts can create better results.

Edited by Transhumanism

Yeah so?

There are bazillions of anime forums too

And the thing is,

I highly doubt there are all clones of eachother

Sure they might have the same basic content

But there's one thing that makes each one different from all the rest: It's Members!

**feeling optimistic today**

woot...wait...what was my piont again......?

I was searching the internet and there are hundreds of thousands of paranormality forums.

No there aren't, there are only a few dozen sizeable paranormal related forums on the internet, if that. The search results you've linked to return several hundred thousand links to web pages that contain either the words paranormal or forum or both.

Why don't all the forums just decide to merge into one mega forum?

Because they are all owned by different people and combining them would not be beneficial to the individual owners or the web sites on which they are located.

Do you think any one of them have any UNIQUE information, or is every forum just a clone of each other?

All forums on the same subject will inevitably end up covering the same things, however it's the community of a given forum that makes that forum unique.

however it's the community of a given forum that makes that forum unique.

Let us hope it always remains so here

original.gif

If all the forums have the exact same content, why not merge into one?

While we're at it, why don't we have one Global government, one language, one currency, and one religion.

^That scenario would be a little boring, don't you think? thumbsup.gif

While we're at it, why don't we have one Global government, one language, one currency, and one religion.

huh.gif

I believe that was attempted once...

some crazy dude, tiny mustache, bad haircut...

1930's - 40's I think...

you always have the freedom of choice. The freedom to not read any of them, you know. There are some of us who I think of as "sensitive" to picking up feelings and/or sight of unexplained and uninvited things such as red eyes, for example, in different places and at different times in our lives. Most recently, a new experience for me- to be startled awake to the overpowering smell of ammonia. These things always seem to happen between the hours of 1:30-4:30am. I have no explanation for them, and I have turned to the internet not looking for made-up ghost stories, but maybe at least for a little comfort in knowing that ther are other people out there somewhere who have also experienced such things or at least will listen or understand, or maybe some advice.

Yeah so?

There are bazillions of anime forums too

And the thing is,

I highly doubt there are all clones of eachother

Sure they might have the same basic content

But there's one thing that makes each one different from all the rest: It's Members!

**feeling optimistic today**

woot...wait...what was my piont again......?

*blows nose* that was beautiful crying.gif

i feel so special now...lol

I believe that was attempted once... 

some crazy dude, tiny mustache, bad haircut...

1930's - 40's I think...

So then there's more to Charlie Chaplin than meets the eye.

Edited by NoName

to chico del nacho:

you can take your lol and know what to do with it. I don't think you would be lol if you actually had one of these bizare experiences. I thought that this sight and maybe others out there like it were supposed to be about community and support. It seems to me that maybe you just spend time here to get a laugh or two at the expense of others. If I am wrong about this, I am sorry, but it looks to me like I'm not.

Humour is a good thing. Try it some time.

Dot9M

Why would you want to do that? Please state the pros and cons and then I will see if I agree with you.

of course it's a good thing! that isn't exactly what I meant. In fact, I could use some of that, too, but isn't this supposed to be about community and support, too? I really don't mean feeling sorry for people; just somewhere to go where they believe that there is more to the world than just black and white, you know? There are a lot of gray areas, I think, that's all.

Haunted-One, Chico wasn't even referring to you. dontgetit.gif

If you'd like to discuss you're experience, the best place to do that is in the 'Sightings, Reports and Experiences' board.

Why would you want to do that? Please state the pros and cons and then I will see if I agree with you.

hmm I wasn't being serious. I was merely saying that if everything was the same or if everything was merged into one things would get boring. Fast.

potatoes.

SaRuMan, I am sorry for offending anyone, or for being offended. I have been a bit on edge by these "spooks" and their sudden onslaught. It's a big world, with lots of people, some of whom would welcome their pre-dawn visits, and I am annoyed with the fact that they seem to be drawn to me. It reminds me of Whoopi Goldberg in "Ghost". (HA-HA). But thank you for the redirect on where to go, as I said I am new to this (internet support communities, not the spooks). I started browsing the site yesterday after a pre-dawn awakening to an overpowering ammonia smell and found an ammonia story on the unexplained mysteries site. I'm still learning to navigate my way around here, please bear with me. Thanks everybody.

hmm I wasn't being serious. I was merely saying that if everything was the same or if everything was merged into one things would get boring. Fast.

potatoes.

I would tend to agree with noname. It would be boring if everything was identical.

What makes a forum unique, is the people who are the members. And we all know what forum has the best members now don't we. whistling2.gif

blink.gif ummmmm............. dontgetit.gif

w00t.gif

hmm I wasn't being serious.  I was merely saying that if everything was the same or if everything was merged into one things would get boring. Fast.

You see, I am a hard core pragmatist and stoic. The so called "diversity in people" is not important to me, rather, the diversity of actual data. If all the forums have the same data, I see having hundreds of forums as redundant and hard to follow.

But, I have studied human psychology and I can tell you there is not much diversity to begin with: currently, you have two main personality types: the hyper-altruist Liberals, and the religious, tough-minded Conservatives. I am already board with both of these personality types.

Edited by Transhumanism

And pray tell, what type would you not be bored with? As I am neither of the two types you mentioned.

The reason there are so many, is due to the simple fact that there are a lot of people looking for answers to questions that in the real world may seem unusual. There are many forums about politics, health, radio, music and so on and so forth. But Unexplained Mysteries covers a wide range of topics, not just the paranormal. And I do believe after studying human nature, on the live level and not from a book (no offense intended) that a forum's topics will run with the attitudes of the members. There are many here that I may agree with on one topic and be a rabid adversary on others. I have noted this in other members as well.

It seems that humanist see no redeaming values in anything that is not a direct value to all humans. Again no offense intended, just a comment about the link you provided. I will investigate it further.

Edited by stillcrazy

It seems that humanist see no redeaming values in anything that is not a direct value to all humans. Again no offense intended, just a comment about the link you provided.

They are not humanist, they are TRANS-Humanist. If you are more Libertarian leaning, than try out http://www.extropy.org/

Sure there are, but atleast 95% of them are like my forum The Ravenz Nest -- small and lack of recent posts. ohmy.gif

This forum right here is one of the biggest and best I have found on the web, there was another slightly large (it was actually tiny, but larger than most) that was alright, but I just stick here and occasionally at the Startrek forum. Your best bet is to only click the first few pages of links, then maybe page 10 or something higher to get an idea of where they are ranked in the search engines, and to see how large or bad they are. Being large though, does not mean it is a godly forum, many large forums go from good to chaos. ph34r.gif

Edited by The Raven