Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Werecats and other "Imaginary" creatures

Lenore Graves

Hi!

I'm bored so thought I'd share my childhood cryptid experience.

When I was about 4 or 5, I lived on a military base with my family. My dad worked late nights as a satelitte tracker, so it wasnt uncommon for us to have late nights in the summer where my parents would have friends over to chat.

Anyway, one late summer night, my parents had some friends over and they were sitting in the kitchen chatting. Their friends had a kid my age, so she and I were in the adjoining living room watching old cartoons on vhs. We had the 3 little pigs cartoon going, and I remember looking out the window behind the couch and seeing what I swore at the time was a cat person. My friend claimed she saw the same thing. All I saw was the face staring through the window, it was probably about 5 feet tall and looked like one of the cat people from sleepwalker.

Now as an adult I still have the memory of what it looked like, but now I just pass it off as an over active imagination, Which I definetly had as a child! I was watching a cartoon with a big bad wolf which looked like a werewolf, and it was late at night and I was young so the fear aspect probably accounted for this.

Just wondering if anyone else had any experiences seeing cryptids when younger...or ghost or anything supernatural ? Did it make you more of a believer, or are you a skeptic? Do you think what you saw...if you saw anything, was actually real?

Now I dont actually feel that what I saw was real, but when I was a kid if you would of asked me I would had said definetely yes!

It's amazing what the imagination can do isn't it. Kinda cool. I saw the lizard man back in the early 90's. But I was jacked up on a 12 pack of jolt cola and hadn't had sleep for I think 2 days. So I'm quite sure it was just my imagination.

• Like 1

Could be a mountain lion, on youtube theres a few that sleep leaning against the windows of peoples homes, so it could of been that

Possible! Or even just any cat....weirdo with a mask...or my own face in the reflection lol :P

I had that particular strange dream at age 7-9 about a boy with a painted chicken face, a red nose and guts hanging out who'd use to talk to me. But then, at age 16, the dream became reality as I was walking home, I saw the dead boy with his guts hanging out and the painted chicken face in the middle of the woods, the only difference was that instead of his nose being painted red, it was cut off. Of course I immediately called the police, yet it's still haunting that such nightmares can become reality and are indeed able to change your personality...

I had that particular strange dream at age 7-9 about a boy with a painted chicken face, a red nose and guts hanging out who'd use to talk to me. But then, at age 16, the dream became reality as I was walking home, I saw the dead boy with his guts hanging out and the painted chicken face in the middle of the woods, the only difference was that instead of his nose being painted red, it was cut off. Of course I immediately called the police, yet it's still haunting that such nightmares can become reality and are indeed able to change your personality...

Wow, that's really disturbing! :/

• Like 1

Wow, that's really disturbing! :/

Hm, well, it wasn't really that disturbing. I was always interested in anatomy, so it was interesting to look at. I'm unfortunately enough not able to feel sorry for other human beings even if I try, so everybody just looks like a walking corpse to me, which makes it easy for me to handle situations like this but also makes me look like a huge narcissist.

Hm, well, it wasn't really that disturbing. I was always interested in anatomy, so it was interesting to look at. I'm unfortunately enough not able to feel sorry for other human beings even if I try, so everybody just looks like a walking corpse to me, which makes it easy for me to handle situations like this but also makes me look like a huge narcissist.

Well pretty disturbing to me! :P but not a cryptip so kinda off topic lol

Depending on where you are in Canada, or where you were, it could have been a lynx or cougar. They have been known to prowl in habited areas, and aren't nearly as large as people seem to think they are.

Now as an adult I still have the memory of what it looked like, but now I just pass it off as an over active imagination, Which I definetly had as a child!

I have trouble understanding when people say they saw something, and think it could be attributed to an overactive imagination. Do you mean by this, you saw something unclear and you think you imagined a cat person out of it? This is what I think you might mean, but it really comes off as "I thought I saw something there, but I probably just imagined it" which is kind of apples and oranges. You don't 'see' imagined things in your sight. You 'imagine' them in your mind.

You don't 'see' imagined things in your sight. You 'imagine' them in your mind.

There isn't a difference. Yes, the eyes take in information, but the brain is what forms the picture that you "see.". Unfortunately the brain can't process all of the visual information taken in efficiently, so most information is filtered out, and the blanks are filled in by the brain's guesswork. That's why optical illusions work, and that also allows people see things that aren't there for a variety of reasons, like stress, drugs, imagination, mental illness, and lack of sleep.

Edited by Andami
  • Like 1

There isn't a difference. Yes, the eyes take in information, but the brain is what forms the picture that you "see.". Unfortunately the brain can't process all of the visual information taken in efficiently, so most information is filtered out, and the blanks are filled in by the brain's guesswork. That's why optical illusions work, and that also allows people see things that aren't there for a variety of reasons, like stress, drugs, imagination, mental illness, and lack of sleep.

You can also see things clearly, but have the memory of it change over time due to length of time, being a child when it happened, having new perspectives on life, etc.