Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Why do we have nightmares?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#46    sgroclkc

sgroclkc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:31 AM

You woke up from a dream of searching toilet with a full bladder because dreams of searching toilet are caused by a full bladder. Similarly, you woke up from a nightmare with heart racing because nightmares are caused by heart racing.

#47    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,943 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

Funny if I need to take a leak I just wake up and go to the bathroom and then go back to bed.  If it happens too often I would suggest seeing a proctologist.

I've never experienced my heart "racing," but if I did I would see a cardiologist.

#48    sgroclkc

sgroclkc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:28 AM

For thousands of years, all people around the world have mistaken that palpitation is caused by nightmares, which can’t be explained within human’s intelligence. As the Prometheus for the whole human beings, Chinese scientists made bold breakthroughs after 6 years’ intensive studies. In 1992, finally, he found it is the symptoms of cardiovascular diseases as palpitation, fainting during sleep that caused human’s sense of fear (palpitation, fainting may not cause sense of fear, while sense of fear is deemed to be caused by palpitation, fainting ), and which causes nightmares further. This new significant scientific discovery found out by Chinese scientists not only recovered the long-time secret of nightmares, but also corrected the mistake deeply believed by all people around the world that nightmares cause sense of fear. The mistake placed scientists or therapist has repeatedly around the world in an embarrassing situation. For many years, some repeatedly deleted my articles, or some stopped to provide nightmare consultations on their blogs and even closed down their blogs when read my article on their blogs or other forums. Since 2009, there has been hardly any blog for dream consultation published by dream researchers or therapist has repeatedly around the world.

#49    sgroclkc

sgroclkc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

For thousands of years, all people around the world have mistaken that palpitation is caused by nightmares, which can’t be explained within human’s intelligence. As the Prometheus for the whole human beings, Chinese scientists made bold breakthroughs after 6 years’ intensive studies. In 1992, finally, he found it is the symptoms of cardiovascular diseases as palpitation, fainting during sleep that caused human’s sense of fear (palpitation, fainting may not cause sense of fear, while sense of fear is deemed to be caused by palpitation, fainting ), and which causes nightmares further. This new significant scientific discovery found out by Chinese scientists not only recovered the long-time secret of nightmares, but also corrected the mistake deeply believed by all people around the world that nightmares cause sense of fear. The mistake placed scientists or therapist has repeatedly around the world in an embarrassing situation. For many years, some repeatedly deleted my articles, or some stopped to provide nightmare consultations on their blogs and even closed down their blogs when read my article on their blogs or other forums. Since 2009, there has been hardly any blog for dream consultation published by dream researchers or therapist has repeatedly around the world.

#50    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,943 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

Interesting: I have neither palpitations nor nightmares.  I guess that proves exactly nothing.  The worst that happens to me is that I routinely fall out of bed (several times a week) so that I have had to put my mattress right on the floor).  It happened last time while I was dreaming I was having fun on a trapeze.  The doctor tells me that sleep paralysis doesn't always work with everybody, but I don't sleepwalk or anything like that.

Usually my dreams are just being in a pleasant place with friendly people around, generally strangers, and I just look around the place.  If anyone has any observations I would appreciate them, although I'm not worried or anything.

#51    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,618 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 05 May 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

Interesting: I have neither palpitations nor nightmares.  I guess that proves exactly nothing.  The worst that happens to me is that I routinely fall out of bed (several times a week) so that I have had to put my mattress right on the floor).  It happened last time while I was dreaming I was having fun on a trapeze.  The doctor tells me that sleep paralysis doesn't always work with everybody, but I don't sleepwalk or anything like that.

Usually my dreams are just being in a pleasant place with friendly people around, generally strangers, and I just look around the place.  If anyone has any observations I would appreciate them, although I'm not worried or anything.
You have nightmares frank, you just don't remember them. Luckily for you, you have embraced the pleasant parts of life so your mind simply focuses on that. Your Buddhist philosophy has served you well.

Falling out of bed.... hahahahaha. I once through a heel kick while sleeping. Problem was that I just had surgery on that knee..., ouch!!!

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#52    Sufjan

Sufjan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

It seems like I get nightmares every time I sleep. It's not like the usual monster nightmare, but more like a very intense dream, where I think and feel like I am awake. Usually when I wake up the first time I have the visuals of me being close to sleep and then something bad happens. Sometimes someone tries to kill me, but that's seldom. When I wake up the second time I dream about my past and I feel sick, when I wake up. Then I have to do something, turn on the lights, turn on audiobooks or TV. After that I wake up, suffering from real nightmares, the nightmare without a nightmare, the real life. It tends to last hours until I realise I am awake. All the time, I just want to wake up.. even now, I just want to wake up.

#53    notforgotten

notforgotten

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

• One day I saw my doppelganger and someone in heaven revealed to me that I had been cloned by aliens.

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

Nightmares come from the powers of darkness.

#54    sgroclkc

sgroclkc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

Although German scientists Wilhelm Wundt thought that dreams were caused by stimulation of palpitations, abdominal distensions, urgent urinations and other objective things, he did not clearly indicate nightmares were caused by palpitations, and even did not give a satisfactory and convincing explanation to the reasons for nightmares. In addition, he did not have any mysterious insights, unlike the Freud's mysterious theory of dream without scientific basis as well as Freud's popularity due to capturing people's curiosities, his correct opinions failed to receive wide attention. A paper published in Chinese Scientists 1996 proposed that nightmares were caused by palpitations, and the two most common nightmares were caused by the two most common reasons of palpitations. After giving satisfactory explanations to nightmares, someone from another country also published papers online in 2002, and proposed that nightmares were caused by palpitations( http://boards.straig...6.html). However, he also did not give any further satisfactory explanation, so his correct opinions also failed to receive wide attention.

#55    Arpee

Arpee

.::The Spirit Gives Life::.

• 1,413 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." - Matthew 5:9

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

Why do we have nightmares? Because we reject things which makes us scared and so it reveals itself in dreams. We are ignoring problems or feeling powerless or scared.

"But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil." - Luke 6:35

#56    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

View Postsgroclkc, on 09 March 2013 - 06:13 AM, said:

All dreams are the objective things in human brain reflection. For example, the sound of the radio may be incorporated into the content of a dream; The noisy at night when sleep will cause a dream of sound of thunder; The dreams of searching toilet is caused by a full bladder. Similarly, the nightmares are mainly caused by several palpitation feelings.

Rubbish.  Liquids are emotions in dreams, and just like the physical body needs to get rid of toxic liquids, the mind needs to get rid of toxic (bad) emotions.  This is a problem for many people, for everyone in our society.  Toilet dreams are about the need to get rid of these toxic emotions.  sometimes one cannot find a toilet; sometimes one can find toilets but they are blocked and overflowing; sometimes one cannot find a toilet that is private --- all these dreams and others concerning toilets are portraying the person's problems trying to get rid of bad feelings.

#57    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

View PostArpee, on 01 July 2013 - 01:59 AM, said:

Why do we have nightmares? Because we reject things which makes us scared and so it reveals itself in dreams. We are ignoring problems or feeling powerless or scared.

A nightmare is showing you what you are afraid of.  That is the point: to show you WHAT IT IS that you are afraid of.  But the images are not literal.  I used to have recurring nightmares about dinosaurs.  They represented a fear of authority.  Among the reasons dinosaurs were used to represent that fear was because my view of authority figures was to see them larger than life, to experience them as "weighty" (the full weight of authority) and to feel threatened by authority figures as though they would actively hunt me to harm me.  I have dealt with this fear.  I no longer fear authority.  I no longer have nightmares.   During the process of developing a better attitude, my dreams reflected my development by featuring ever smaller, ever less harmful, dinosaurs.  In fact the process has gone so far that the last dinosaur dream I had, far from being a nightmare, depicted a small, baby dinosaur being walked on a lead like a pet dog.

#58    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 10,578 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

I used to dream about atomic bombs when I was a kid.  I still do once in a while. My brain on loose running wild I guess. Seems to do that lot.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#59    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:31 AM

What about dreams that comes true ? What about those who s dreaming about little monsters biting them and wake up with bite mark  all over their bodies? So i dont think dreams are brains reflections  of the things we do ! But some other world that somehow we all are connected . I often hear stories about ppl dreaming the same dream and they see eachother in the same dream talk to eachother ! So why do we have dreams ? I think it is beyond our understanding ! I had some horrible dreams that also came true ! Dreams are unlogic untill it comes true!

#60    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Lost Ghost

• 1,152 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:33 AM

I hardly have night mares anymore...
I guess because I know demons and monsters are not as crazy as they show them in the movie...

The question is like in Batman Begins..
what do you fear Mr. Wayne ?

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM

My collection of true and fiction ghost and ouija stories, horror movie reviews etc.
http://ouijaghosts.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users