Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Japanese inventions that just might be genius

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,021 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

Sure, inventions like the light bulb and mobile phones have changed our lives for the better. But there are lesser-known inventions out there that might be just as revolutionary if we gave them half a chance. Over the last few decades, Japanese inventors have come up with some pretty outrageous ideas, including cat mops, the  just-for-men baby nurser and butter sticks. They call these inventions "chindogu," which roughly translates to "unusual inventions."  Unusual? Definitely. Unusable in any dignified society? Probably. Take a look at 19 inventions that might make your life easier — or harder, depending on how much you care what other people think.

Story

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

We have those paper shredder scissors in the USA.
And they left off some of my favorite ones .

Backward soles. No photo ...they're awesome though .
http://scullysfirewo...backward-soles/

Always wanted one of these .
http://www.traemcnee...icks-invention/

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 22 February 2013 - 01:43 AM.

Miss me?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users