Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Uri Geller claims iPhone bending is psychic

UM-Bot

The Israeli entertainer claims that the recent spate of bending iPhones could be down to psychic energy.

Geller is no stranger to bending objects having made a career out of his alleged ability to bend spoons with the power of his mind.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/273096/uri-geller-claims-iphone-bending-is-psychic

Hey, Apple and other companies should jump on this idea. "So you see, as proven by reknown psychic Mystiqipants that fear of Taco Joe brand burritos is what created the right environment for hepatitus to flourish. It's not Taco Joe's fault that someone was worried about a perfectly good burrito."

• Like 1

I'm thinking it has more to do with fat tubs of lard sitting on a device that will bend when 70 pounds of pressure is applied.

If you are going to spend that much money on a phone, buy a hard shell case to protect it people.

"Psychic energy," hahahahahaha!

I believe at one Mr. Geller was unable to duplicate his psychic talents on camera for a scientific test.

Edited by Sundew

In fact, quite a few times.. Here's a video of his embarrassing failure on the Johnny Carson tonight show, narrated by one of those who busted his tricks:

[media=]

[/media]

Indeed, he seems to have no end of trouble unless the spoons and forks are ones he brings himself... funny bout that

• Like 2

The internet needs a new symbol of exasperation at someone else's stupidity. The facepalm is tired.

• Like 2

I seem to remember James Randi replicating Gellers ability,he isn't a psychic he is doing magic tricks

The bent iPhone phenomenon is brought about by app-oplexy, that is, becoming overwhelmed to mental incapacity due to the sheer number of apps appearing on the tablet-sized device. The result is an individual who is totally bent-out-of-shape as is the tablet-sized phone when it is shoved into the rear pocket ... new definition for sit-on-it or perhaps get-bent.

Edited by highdesert50
  • Like 1

In fact, quite a few times.. Here's a video of his embarrassing failure on the Johnny Carson tonight show, narrated by one of those who busted his tricks:

[media=]

[/media]

Indeed, he seems to have no end of trouble unless the spoons and forks are ones he brings himself... funny bout that

Glad you found that. I remember reading about the Tonight Show "incident".

The bent iPhone phenomenon is brought about by app-oplexy, that is, becoming overwhelmed to mental incapacity due to the sheer number of apps appearing on the tablet-sized device. The result is an individual who is totally bent-out-of-shape as is the tablet-sized phone when it is shoved into the rear pocket ... new definition for sit-on-it or perhaps get-bent.

The bending I-Phone fix will be to purchase a protective, rigid plastic cover for the phone at $20 or more. That way you'll have to clip it on your belt because it will no longer fit in your pocket.

Pretty funny coming from a guy who can't even bend a pre weakened spoon.

Can you afford to be so profoundly naive? This guy was a fraud at 80s fooling everyone earning tons of money, subsequently debunked by James Randi, falling in the shadows. Now, at modern times he's a recycled "illusionist" with shiny teeth contracted by Apple to promote by viral marketing the new iphone, certainly earning even more tons of money! Any doubts about the integrity of this guy type "James Randi exposes Uri Geller and Peter Popoff" at youtube.

Edited by Ze Tomes
  • Like 1

Dementia is a bad illness, especially when combined with a natural delusional state.

Keep trying, Uri. You'll still convince the the gullible and still take their money.

• Like 1

PT Barnum stated it eloquently, and I quote "There's a sucker born every, well you know the rest."

You gotta love the power of entertainment Israelies might have. They love in special to produce comedy and science fiction.

Uri geller should start his own million dollar challenge, those that can provide proof that iPhone can bend without psychic powers will win the challenge.

Why are people sub consciously trying to bend their new iphones with psychic powers I wonder? Why doesnt it work with other thin phones ?

So....

These phones are bending because of all the excitement from them being sold? And not because of the build quality? Let me ponder this....

Pretty sure it's the latter, not the former!

But hark, Geller does invite the makers to let him - and now doubt get paid for the help he'll give - explain just how this "energy" is created to bend a phone. Nice of him...

• Like 1

Oh hahahah! This is rich :) Uri Geller is my new favourite comedian, especially "I urge Apple to hire me to explain to the world that this is not the company's fault at all"

The fact that there are still hordes of people who take this decades-long fraud seriously says something about society; and it is not anything good either.

• Like 3