Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

Black-Eyed People, Children

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#286    Miss Eleanor

Miss Eleanor

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:48 AM

View PostSpiritTraveler, on 29 August 2011 - 03:54 AM, said:

I think there are a lot of kids in the city that are out late at night. Their parents are either alcoholics or drug addicts and don't even know that their kids are out.

Hmm, that could be perfectly true (and I am sure it is). Although, I don't know about where you live, however we have a curfew for those under a certain age. So, if kids, let's say ten or eight years old (like in one of the stories), were wondering about alone, the patrolling officers in the area would end up doing something about it. If officers weren't in the area, most adults I know would call the police if they saw young kids (or even teens) out wondering alone late at night. I am sure there are many cases in which places didn't have a curfew, didn't have many patrols and didn't have many concerned adults, so young children/etc wondering alone, wearing contacts to scare strangers could go unnoticed. Though it does bring up the question how children of alcoholics, drug addicts, etc could afford contact lenses that usually go for at least $100 dollars a pair (if lucky, most I saw and most that were posted were double that) and why they would waste the money on such items (when usually in those situations they need all the spare money they have just to eat daily). Also consider for a moment, most places online (at least the more legit ones) need permission from an eye doctor to purchase the special contacts and most stores I have been into wouldn't sell them to a minor (I tried to buy an electric blue pair once in the mall when I was sixteen and they refused. I am sure there is always a possibility not all places are like that, however, it is something that should be considered when one jumps straight for the "it's just contacts, get over it dude" argument, not saying you are like that, just putting it out there). I am also not trying to justify the stories, I am just trying to look at the facts given in a logical manner :]

#287    blue_canary

blue_canary

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:00 AM

People of UM, there is likely no such thing as BEKs.  If you examine the evidence before you, you will see how absurd the stories always are.

#288    SpiritTraveler

SpiritTraveler

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

• "Everything is relative" - Elbert Einstein

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:52 PM

View PostMiss Eleanor, on 29 August 2011 - 05:48 AM, said:

Hmm, that could be perfectly true (and I am sure it is). Although, I don't know about where you live, however we have a curfew for those under a certain age. So, if kids, let's say ten or eight years old (like in one of the stories), were wondering about alone, the patrolling officers in the area would end up doing something about it. If officers weren't in the area, most adults I know would call the police if they saw young kids (or even teens) out wondering alone late at night. I am sure there are many cases in which places didn't have a curfew, didn't have many patrols and didn't have many concerned adults, so young children/etc wondering alone, wearing contacts to scare strangers could go unnoticed. Though it does bring up the question how children of alcoholics, drug addicts, etc could afford contact lenses that usually go for at least $100 dollars a pair (if lucky, most I saw and most that were posted were double that) and why they would waste the money on such items (when usually in those situations they need all the spare money they have just to eat daily). Also consider for a moment, most places online (at least the more legit ones) need permission from an eye doctor to purchase the special contacts and most stores I have been into wouldn't sell them to a minor (I tried to buy an electric blue pair once in the mall when I was sixteen and they refused. I am sure there is always a possibility not all places are like that, however, it is something that should be considered when one jumps straight for the "it's just contacts, get over it dude" argument, not saying you are like that, just putting it out there). I am also not trying to justify the stories, I am just trying to look at the facts given in a logical manner :]

Ah..yes, I agree with you about the young children on the streets late at night. My home town had a curfew also. At 9PM every night, the siren went off. When we heard it we knew we had to get home or the cops would find us, or even worse, my mom would be out looking for us!  During the summer holidays the curfew was 11PM. And, like you mentioned, all parents looked out for all children back then. If my mom saw a child out late she would say something like: "Tommy, what are you doing out this late at night? Get home right now or I'm calling your parents". She has even put them in the car and driven them home! I still live in a small town and prefer it that way. Would never raise children in the city.

But in answer to your post, I was thinking about children in the cities who's parents are alcoholics and drug addicts. They end up in the streets at night to hang out with their friends who become their surrogate family. True, they couldn't afford the lenses, but they do steel money and items. I don't know what to think of these BEP and kids. I've never seen one and don't know anyone who has. There seems to be no logical reason for it except lenses.

Of course, the story of the woman and her young child who both had black eyes is also very strange. What parent would put these on a very young child? But there are some very strange people out there. I'm just trying to find reasoning to BEP before I jump to the conclusion that they are truly paranormal.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe in the paranormal, and love reading about it, but my mind works in such a way that it must always find answers first. Not saying my answers are the right ones either and I sure do still have a lot of paranormal questions left unanswered! Sunny days.

Edited by SpiritTraveler, 29 August 2011 - 06:55 PM.

Posted Image

#289    ~TheBigK~

~TheBigK~

Government Agent

• 3,925 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:57 PM

I don't know if this story has circulated or not but I hadn't read it before, so if anyone's interested:

http://www.ghosttheo...-kids-encounter

Posted Image

#290    blue_canary

blue_canary

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:09 PM

View Post~TheBigK~, on 02 September 2011 - 08:57 PM, said:

I don't know if this story has circulated or not but I hadn't read it before, so if anyone's interested:

http://www.ghosttheo...-kids-encounter

Haha, she was so 'terrified' of them that she opened the door once safely inside to speak with them again.  Jeez Us Christ.

#291    araxia

araxia

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

View PostMoql, on 10 November 2006 - 03:23 PM, said:

My best friend's little sister has completely black eyes.... It's kinda scary, She's not evil or anything, but she seems to KNOW things, if you catch my drift.

Be careful, not all things that look "mysterious" or "all-knowing" even "wise" are indeed so... like any ghost or spirit being would appeal to the curious mind SIMPLY because of them being supernatural, but not all ghosts are INTELLIGENT... not all ghosts "know things" and are either born (made) dumb and/or are blinded by their own stupidity....

Edited by araxia, 17 November 2012 - 12:10 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users