Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A new theory to the UFO phenomenon

Use your brain

I would like to start by saying that I believe at least 99.999% of UFO sighting are either misidentified aircraft or natural phenomenon, however there are still numerous cases out there that baffle even the leading experts in their fields. If even one sighting is something that was not produced by any technology that we currently have availible, however slight the chance, we still need to think about the possibilities of what this could be. Now my personal opinion is that most of the things that get seen are just secret military crafts that they don't want anyone knowing about, and maybe for a good reason. People always jumping to the conclusion of "aliens" being the sorce of this is pretty much the greatest cover story that the military could ever ask for, and people are just all to happy to do just that.

With that being said let us first start with a hypothetical scenario, you have just witnessed a UFO first hand. You could tell that this wasn't something that anyone on earth has the technology for at this time, and somehow even received confirmation of this. Now would your first conclusion be that "aliens" from somewhere lightyears away have decided just to come here to check up on us and mutilate some livestock, or would you try to think more outside the box like I have.

My personal theory is that if anything is here that we simply don't have the technology for, then the most simple answer to this is that it is still man made just maybe not from our time. Now hear me out Albert Einstein even went on record as saying that time travel is theoretically possible, as with many other people. There are experiments going back over half a century of people trying to harness this ability, now what if something in the distant future finally was able to creat a device that let crafts break the barriers of time? My theory is that they would have two reasons to why they would make that very risky decision of coming back.

The first would be to simply see their own history first hand, maybe a lot of records had been destroyed, or they just wanted to get a first hand look into it instead of reading the history books. As we all know history is written by the victors, and you have to ask yourself if you had the capability would you go back to see how it really happened? This could also explain some of the hieroglyphs and paintings that seem to have strange crafts in them long before anything like that would be possible.

The second reason that I can think of for someone to want to do this is perhaps trying to keep some horrible disaster from happening in the future by trying to change small events in the past to alter the timeline. While they would have to be very careful in doing this, as for example making the general public aware that there are people coming to the past from the future could alter the timeline so drastically that time travel never gets invented. This could also be the reason for all the secrecy from the government that exsist (as some believers would swear they know about "aliens"), as only a very few key people would need to know the extent of what is happening for it to be effective.

In conclusion, I hope that no one takes this as an insult or a personal attack on any beliefs. I was simply trying to prove the point that there multiple explanations for most things that are unknown. Personally I would believe the theory that I just presented before I would believe that there are people from other planets coming to visit us, but that is the beauty of opinions everyone is entitled to their own. I hope that this at least gives someone something to think about, and gets them to start thinking critically. I hope everyone has a very good day, and remember to think outside the box.

Edited by Use your brain
  • Like 1

Well that's as good a science fiction explanation as any. I'm more with the cross-dimensional incursion by sentient reptilians from an alternate earth explanation, myself. Maybe they're at war with your futurians.

I believed that there was no such a thing called as "something that cannot be explained" using common sense and information about science and technological facts.

• Like 1

I think that it would be ridiculous to believe that 'aliens' don't exist.

Before anyone attacks, just consider how massive the universe is. There are galaxies out there that are a thousand times larger than our own, with millions of planets.

Sure, we could be the only intelligent life forms in the universe, but really, there's a pretty good chance that there are other life sustaining planets out there. But whether or not their inhabitants visit us, I have no idea. I just think it's a little ridiculous to believe we're the only intelligent life.

I do think that UFO sightings could be misidentified though. If the military or government are doing some super secret experiment and people witnessed it, they aren't about to go and tell them about it. They'll just let people jump to their own conclusion.

None said there's no life in the universe. We're talking about UFO sightings here.

• Like 3

We don't mean to be hard on you, or anything. It's easy spin fanciful explanations off the top of your head. Without facts and hard science to back them up, though, they're just entertaining fiction. We've got one guy on here, for instance, who has completely dismissed hundreds of years of Egyptology and has decided that Space Aliens help build the pyramids. What proof does he have? Only convoluted and tortuous circular logic.Yet he's happy with that.

We don't mean to be hard on you, or anything. It's easy spin fanciful explanations off the top of your head. Without facts and hard science to back them up, though, they're just entertaining fiction. We've got one guy on here, for instance, who has completely dismissed hundreds of years of Egyptology and has decided that Space Aliens help build the pyramids. What proof does he have? Only convoluted and tortuous circular logic.Yet he's happy with that.

This topic was meant to invoke some critical thinking, so sorry man I really don't care what you think about it. Also to be fair "Without facts and hard science to back them up, though, they're just entertaining fiction." this can be said about pretty much anything regarding this topic including your own belief, whatever it may be.

I'm not saying that there are literally people from the future here with unknown business, I'm saying that no one knows if there are or not. We simply do not have answers for everything, and maybe someone doing some critical thinking outside the box will some day actually stumble across the right answer to this mystery.

I would like to start by saying that I believe at least 99.999% of UFO sighting are either misidentified aircraft or natural

phenomenon, however there are still numerous cases out there that baffle even the leading experts in their fields. If even

one sighting is something that was not produced by any technology that we currently have availible, however slight the

chance, we still need to think about the possibilities of what this could be.

Yr whole theory is based on the assumption that ETs have visited, or visite, earth. Untill today there is not just one, I repeat,

not just one single case that finally proofs the presence, or a presence in the past, of any spacecraft of extraterrestrial origin

on earth. And based on that simple fact, there is no mistery at all that may require a difficult thinking in relation to "sightings".

Now my personal opinion is that most of the things that get seen are just secret military crafts that they don't want anyone

knowing about, and maybe for a good reason. People always jumping to the conclusion of "aliens" being the sorce of this

is pretty much the greatest cover story that the military could ever ask for, and people are just all to happy to do just that.

No as secret military crafts are, secret military crafts. Taking the number of clips on YT related to "UFO" you will get 6,2M

results. Taking just 1M of them due to multiple clips per event we would have, as per your theory, at least 500.001 sightings

of military crafts and thats not the fact. The majority of the clips are fakes, attention seeking BS and false interpreted events

of astronomic/meteorologic/aircraft related origin.

• Like 1

I think its impossible to travel back in time. Each moment that is now simply passes away, decays and dies. It no longer exists and can never exist again. As one day sets another dawns and that seems to be a universal truth.

Its doubtful we can travel to the future any further or any faster than it is able to exist, which as far as we know is only moment by moment. The speed that the universe ages.

So If ufos are really time travel devices we shouldnt expect them to emerge from a future dimension, but absolutely watch your back as they will emerge from the past.

Yr whole theory is based on the assumption that ETs have visited, or visite, earth. Untill today there is not just one, I repeat,

not just one single case that finally proofs the presence, or a presence in the past, of any spacecraft of extraterrestrial origin

on earth. And based on that simple fact, there is no mistery at all that may require a difficult thinking in relation to "sightings".

This.

Why do we need to explain something that has already a logical explanation? You started your thread saying that "there are cases...that cannot be explained", I would like to read or to put those cases on the table, otherwise it's just a sci-fi topic. Don't get me wrong, I love Bradbury but has nothing to do with the real "we're being visited by ufos" topic.

• Like 1

Now hear me out Albert Einstein even went on record as saying that time travel is theoretically possible, as with many other people.

Where does he say this? The only mention I can find is Einstein speaking of time dilation, that would be like forward time travel.

The first would be to simply see their own history first hand, maybe a lot of records had been destroyed, or they just wanted to get a first hand look into it instead of reading the history books. As we all know history is written by the victors, and you have to ask yourself if you had the capability would you go back to see how it really happened? This could also explain some of the hieroglyphs and paintings that seem to have strange crafts in them long before anything like that would be possible.

The second reason that I can think of for someone to want to do this is perhaps trying to keep some horrible disaster from happening in the future by trying to change small events in the past to alter the timeline. While they would have to be very careful in doing this, as for example making the general public aware that there are people coming to the past from the future could alter the timeline so drastically that time travel never gets invented. This could also be the reason for all the secrecy from the government that exsist (as some believers would swear they know about "aliens"), as only a very few key people would need to know the extent of what is happening for it to be effective.

You realise this violates causality? If someone goes back in time to stop an event, and succeed, they have prevented themselves from going back in time. Edited by Rlyeh

This.

Why do we need to explain something that has already a logical explanation? You started your thread saying that "there are cases...that cannot be explained", I would like to read or to put those cases on the table, otherwise it's just a sci-fi topic. Don't get me wrong, I love Bradbury but has nothing to do with the real "we're being visited by ufos" topic.

Since your lounging back and still puffing away on that ciggy.....why not consider starting a new thread....possibly a topic that interests you?

It would be such fun nit picking it :clap:

Edited by Astra00
  • Like 1

Since your lounging back and still puffing away on that ciggy.....why not consider starting a new thread....possibly a topic that interests you?

It would be such fun nit picking it :clap:

You didn't see what's behind that gorgeous man puffing away a ciggy.

Edit:

I made 2 topics recently

1) To see if I need to go to the doctor to check my head due to "ghostly" crap in my house.

2) To find relief from chronic pain using binaural beats.

You may pick on me on those.

Edited by MrBene

You didn't see what's behind that gorgeous man puffing away a ciggy.

Edit:

I made 2 topics recently

1) To see if I need to go to the doctor to check my head due to "ghostly" crap in my house.

2) To find relief from chronic pain using binaural beats.

You may pick on me on those.

Chronic pain is a dreadful thing to have....you have my sympathy.

Well, I don't really believe in ghosts per'se....so I absolutely wont nit pick you on that subject :)

Well something's flying around up there. I guess we can speculate all we want 'til we get a definitive answer.

Now hear me out Albert Einstein even went on record as saying that time travel is theoretically possible, as with many other people.

The trouble is, When Einstein talked about time travel it was never in the sense that one day we would be able to build a machine that would allow us to travel back and forth in time. What he said was that if a person were in a vessell travelling at or close to the speed of light time would be percieved very differently from that person's perspective as opposed to someone stationary. In essence time traverses more slowly the closer to the speed of light you get. This is called Time Dilation. It's one of those things that lots of people kind of know but very few trully understand, and there are all sorts of variables in that theory.

On the flip side the traditional theory of time travel also poses it's own problems, too many paradox's pop up. Ultimately though if you were able to time travel and alter hsitory, no one would know about it because things would change but no one would know because memory and past events would also change with it. In theory someone could alter time every hour of every day and none of us would be any the wiser.

and remember to think outside the box.

Your post is misleading. You have suggested nothing new, and you have not demonstrated out of the box thinking.... just standard woo woo nonsense

• Like 3

The trouble is, When Einstein talked about time travel it was never in the sense that one day we would be able to build a machine that would allow us to travel back and forth in time. What he said was that if a person were in a vessell travelling at or close to the speed of light time would be percieved very differently from that person's perspective as opposed to someone stationary. In essence time traverses more slowly the closer to the speed of light you get. This is called Time Dilation. It's one of those things that lots of people kind of know but very few trully understand, and there are all sorts of variables in that theory.

On the flip side the traditional theory of time travel also poses it's own problems, too many paradox's pop up. Ultimately though if you were able to time travel and alter hsitory, no one would know about it because things would change but no one would know because memory and past events would also change with it. In theory someone could alter time every hour of every day and none of us would be any the wiser.

I was just using Albert Einstein as an example of someone who said time travel is theoretically possible, and there is actually a lot of debate on whether or not he hinted at going to the past as a real possiblilty. However there has been a lot of interest lately as to wheter or not you can send things through time. Some of the top scientist are actually working on things like this as we speak. Here is an example, note that this is not large scale yet, or even known to be possible. http://phys.org/news...les-photon.html

"On the flip side the traditional theory of time travel also poses it's own problems, too many paradox's pop up. Ultimately though if you were able to time travel and alter history, no one would know about it because things would change but no one would know because memory and past events would also change with it. In theory someone could alter time every hour of every day and none of us would be any the wiser."

In regards to this, I'm sorry I won't be getting into any debates about time travel paradox's, as let's be honest no one actually knows what would happen as this is uncharted territory. Remember that people actually thought the earth was flat not that long ago, until someone finally tested the final known boundaries.

Edit: Having said that last part, I do love the critical thinking that you have displayed, and thank you for the post.

Edited by Use your brain

Your post is misleading. You have suggested nothing new, and you have not demonstrated out of the box thinking.... just standard woo woo nonsense

Actually what I demonstrated was indeed thinking outside the box, if someone has presented this theory before than I apologize as I was not aware of that. If you would rather believe one of the theorys that involves different races of "aliens" than be my guess you have that right.

While I was trying to think outside the box, you however have just expressed the standard dismissive attitude towards my theory, when in fact you have no idea if it is true or not.

Everytime I hear the phrase "thinking outside the box", ideally combined with a "you have to", I´m in the impression

that the ppl who ask that to others are by themselfs more "boxed" than the ppl that are requested to do so, even if

these are free of any "boxes".

Like me. :yes:

Edited by toast

Everytime I hear the phrase "thinking outside the box", ideally combined with a "you have to", I´m in the impression

that the ppl who ask that to others are by themselfs more "boxed" than the ppl that are requested to do so, even if

these are free of any "boxes".

Like me. :yes:

Well by all means I would love to hear your theory, and if you do indeed think outside the box already than that obviously wasn't addressed to you. I am open to hearing more theorys, as if you had actually read everything I've said you would know that my intention with this was to start some critical thinking and debating. I assure you that I am not "boxed" in my thinking, as I have no idea what the actual truth is, along with everyone else. I simply presented a theory that I find more easy to swallow than the ones that I have seen floating around :yes:

Well by all means I would love to hear your theory, and if you do indeed think outside the box already than that obviously wasn't

addressed to you. I am open to hearing more theorys, as if you had actually read everything I've said you would know that my

intention with this was to start some critical thinking and debating. I assure you that I am not "boxed" in my thinking, as I have

no idea what the actual truth is, along with everyone else. I simply presented a theory that I find more easy to swallow than the

ones that I have seen floating around :yes:

First to mention, I have read all what you wrote here and you will find the actual truth in my post #8. This truth isn`t a, or my,

theory, its`s the reality so I don`t know what kind of new theory you are talking about or asking for, sorry. Asking for a different

theory would like the same discussion like to talk about if the ingredients to make gold are in total cheaper than the gold produced,

but we cannot produce gold so the discussion is without value. Maybe you verbalized incorrect what you want to talk about. Is

it about UFOs or is it about extraterrestrial life in general or is it about spacecrafts of extraterrestrial origin on earth?

You have to point that a little bit more accurate

• Like 1

Here is my theory and I intend to write a short story on it . There are lots of galaxies and lots of planets, planets in huge multiple of galaxies. And there is a small percentage of advanced civilization in each galaxay and rest are either primitive life form or something like us . Since such worlds are in billions cataloging each will take lot of time. Initially the advanced civilization(s) was very interested in alien words but years passed on and the interested faded because life is very very common in the universe. They have advanced technology which can scan entire planet and update their database. When they see earth it's unique but nothing worth investigating. So they spend very few minutes in atmosphere and move on. I want to write this with proper numbers and publish it . I am ready to collaborate and I am looking to publish in some magazines . Not like the best magazine but some magazine or news paper. Anybody who can help add twist are welcome to join me. Anybody who can guide me I am ready to accept the help. PM meif anybanybody wants to co author .

No as secret military crafts are, secret military crafts. Taking the number of clips on YT related to "UFO" you will get 6,2M

results. Taking just 1M of them due to multiple clips per event we would have, as per your theory, at least 500.001 sightings

of military crafts and thats not the fact. The majority of the clips are fakes, attention seeking BS and false interpreted events

of astronomic/meteorologic/aircraft related origin.

"Yr whole theory is based on the assumption that ETs have visited, or visite, earth. Untill today there is not just one, I repeat,

on earth. And based on that simple fact, there is no mistery at all that may require a difficult thinking in relation to "sightings"."

There is also no proof to prove otherwise. Why would you discourage critical thinking?

"No as secret military crafts are, secret military crafts. Taking the number of clips on YT related to "UFO" you will get 6,2M

of astronomic/meteorologic/aircraft related origin"

I was obviously talking about genuine sightings, not hoaxes on youtube.

"false interpreted events of astronomic/meteorologic/aircraft related origin"

Yes I believe I pointed that out in my opening paragraph.

First to mention, I have read all what you wrote here and you will find the actual truth in my post #8. This truth isn`t a, or my,

theory, its`s the reality so I don`t know what kind of new theory you are talking about or asking for, sorry. Asking for a different

theory would like the same discussion like to talk about if the ingredients to make gold are in total cheaper than the gold produced,

but we cannot produce gold so the discussion is without value. Maybe you verbalized incorrect what you want to talk about. Is

it about UFOs or is it about extraterrestrial life in general or is it about spacecrafts of extraterrestrial origin on earth?

You have to point that a little bit more accurate

I was just talking about UFOs, but this could also be used to explain extraterrestrial life as we are already talking of colonizing Mars. What will we be trying to colonize in let's say 1000 years from now?

I consider myself a skeptic, but while I adore skepticism, I despise dismissive arrogance.

Edited by Use your brain

I despise dismissive arrogance.

Wow, you're in the wrong section then, 'cause this place is flooded with that!

• Like 5