Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Assad: Israelis Helping Terrorists

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#16    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,646 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

View PostCoffey, on 19 May 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

Please research why Hezbollah was created. Then you might see who the true terrorists are.

Here is a snippet from Wikipedia:

Sounds like freedom fighters to me, not terrorists. Israeli forces killed a lot of innocent woman and children. That is terrorism.
And does wiki wax eloquent over WHY Israel invaded Lebanon to begin with?

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#17    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,261 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

View Postand then, on 19 May 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

A VERY bloody one!  This is what I've been saying as well.  A short breathing space to rest and rearm and then the main event will begin.  They have already started the battle cry - "Next to Jerusalem" and the Israelis are going to be like "allow us to retort!"

I am not sure of the reliability ... but from what I hear ... both sides are backing down a bit ... just the ones in Syria are not having any of it ... both sees an opportunity to drag others into the quagmire to ease the load on themselves ... I hope better sense prevails

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#18    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

View Postand then, on 19 May 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

And does wiki wax eloquent over WHY Israel invaded Lebanon to begin with?

Which time? lol

http://en.wikipedia....sion_of_Lebanon

First one was in response to this:

http://en.wikipedia....l_Road_massacre

which killed 38 Israeli civilians so Israel then killed killed 1,100–2,000 Lebanese and Palestinians only 20 Israelis died in the conflict and of course the internal displacement of 100,000 to 250,000 people in Lebanon.... Yeah seems fair.. lol

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#19    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,646 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostCoffey, on 19 May 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

Which time? lol

http://en.wikipedia....sion_of_Lebanon

First one was in response to this:

http://en.wikipedia....l_Road_massacre

which killed 38 Israeli civilians so Israel then killed killed 1,100–2,000 Lebanese and Palestinians only 20 Israelis died in the conflict and of course the internal displacement of 100,000 to 250,000 people in Lebanon.... Yeah seems fair.. lol
Nice try.  Arafat had a cozy little training camp there and rockets were falling just as they did from Gaza before Cast Lead.  You'd think these people would twig to the idea that Israel will BUST your a$$ if you kill their citizens.  And whoever said war was fair?  Is there a rule book about proportional casualties?  Here's a novel idea - leave them alone and let them live in peace.

#20    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

View Postand then, on 19 May 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

Nice try.  Arafat had a cozy little training camp there and rockets were falling just as they did from Gaza before Cast Lead.  You'd think these people would twig to the idea that Israel will BUST your a$$ if you kill their citizens.  And whoever said war was fair?  Is there a rule book about proportional casualties?  Here's a novel idea - leave them alone and let them live in peace.

Oh of course war advocates innocent killing. lol

Well others are the same with that respect, kill their people and they "bust your ass" as you so maturely put it. You expect everyone else to take Israels S*** and not retaliate but it's alright for Israel to retaliate? Wow how biased is that?!

#21    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,646 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostCoffey, on 19 May 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Oh of course war advocates innocent killing. lol

Well others are the same with that respect, kill their people and they "bust your ass" as you so maturely put it. You expect everyone else to take Israels S*** and not retaliate but it's alright for Israel to retaliate? Wow how biased is that?!
I fully expect anyone who is unjustly attacked to strike back.  But if you are trying to arm my enemy so he can kill my kids, well, just say I will handle that as I need to.  This is not a kid's fight on a playground Coffey.  If Israel decided to really launch on Assad he wouldn't last a month - maybe a week.  He KNOWS this - but he may be getting desperate.  If Israel does have to go in hard then he might escalate to using chemical scuds on Israel or maybe the "rebels" will shoot some.  Either way, if mass casualties occur in an Israeli town or city by GAS...... Damascus is going to  disappear like a fart on a breeze.

#22    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

View Postand then, on 19 May 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

I fully expect anyone who is unjustly attacked to strike back.  But if you are trying to arm my enemy so he can kill my kids, well, just say I will handle that as I need to.  This is not a kid's fight on a playground Coffey.  If Israel decided to really launch on Assad he wouldn't last a month - maybe a week.  He KNOWS this - but he may be getting desperate.  If Israel does have to go in hard then he might escalate to using chemical scuds on Israel or maybe the "rebels" will shoot some.  Either way, if mass casualties occur in an Israeli town or city by GAS...... Damascus is going to  disappear like a fart on a breeze.

No it's not a kids fight, but the problem is that the leader of Israel is a big ******* kid. This was made clear how he reacted to Obama. And I don't even like Obama. Israels leaders love throwing their toys out the pram.That is why they are dangerous.

Edited by Coffey, 19 May 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#23    AlasBabylon

AlasBabylon

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

View PostBlack Red Devil, on 19 May 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

So it's OK for Israel to support terrorists is it?

Hamas is the Mossad's foster child.

#24    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 19 May 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

As I am sure you would quote to me, "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter"

This is an internicine civil war based on religious differnces. I dont think one side is much better than the other, actually especaily with some alquieda and libyan jihadists working with the rebels as very effective fighters, but its a civil war. The rebels, like the rebels in egypt and  libya, are no more terrorists then the southern states of america were terrorists in the american civil war.

Israel is supporting the rebels because they are the faction opposed to hezbollah, which is a direct threat to Israel security and who are terrorists in that their actions are directed against a separate independent state in a war of terror against civilian populations..

Religious differences always bring war and we never learn the lessons to the way of peace and to be good custodians of the world.  How sad it is when I can hear John Lennon singing "Imagine" and the part of "no religion too"!

I some times think God would rather us be sceptical athiests than do all the wrong things that are done in his name and religion!  If nations could only focus on peace and the golden rule instead of greed and dominance. God's spirit would be with us instead of the religions that are mostly man made preferences toward their own concepts of God's messages. Nations in the name of religions seem to miss the whole point of the Kingdom to come and the way toward peace and life.

#25    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,207 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 19 May 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

And if the 'aftermath' turns out to be much worse? It seems that the tragedy of the ME is that all policies and decisions dealing with it, whether local or foreign, are largely based on assumptions and short term goals! Civilians are the ones who end up paying the price for these decisions. I am not supporting Assad, but I think a closer, realistic analysis of long term effects of supporting certain rebel groups is crucial. Getting rid of one tyranny just to replace it with a more oppressive one is no help to the Syrian people who will have to live with the consequences, while decision makers and think tanks are watching safely from afar!

All political goals are short term.

I agree with you about the uncertainty of what will result. It is highly likely that in; egypt, libya and syria, along with  Jordan, much more radical and islamic states will come into place. That will be bad (tragic really) for the people of those states, especially the women, but it will really only make geo- politics more obvious and transparent.

As with Iran we will know exactly what we are facing. It is a pity that the radical islamists in these countries are the best equipped and most battle hardened soldiers, because it allows them a political/strategic advantage with the collapse of any regime. The assad regime, because it is formed from and backed by only a minority religious clan, does not really have the ability to hold on to Syria in any democratic form, given that the big majority of the syrian people belong to a different religious branch of islam.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#26    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,207 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

View PostCoffey, on 19 May 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

And all that was in retaliation to Israels occupation of Lebanon and the killing of innocent civilians. If Israel didn't do that then there would be Hezbollah. lol If you advocate the US and European forces fighting in Afghanistan because of 9/11 then you would be a hypocrite to say Hezbollah was not right in fighting back. Yes suicide bombing are not a nice way to do it, but we use airstrikes which flatten areas and kill far more civilians than any suicide bomber. lol I find it hilerious how we are so disgusted by suicide bombing when we allow our military to carry out massacres on a larger scale. lol

And why, precisely, did Israel need to go into Lebanon in the first place? Not to holiday in their beautiful resorts and lovely beaches, that's for sure.

And I'd rather be a live hypocrite than a dead fool.

Both Israel and America, as democracies, fight defensive wars to protect themsleves. They do not have expansionist mentalities, or populations which are militarily aggressive. they are not driven by hatreds ideologies and religious leaders determined to exterminate other countries and peoples. They wish only to secure the integrity of their borders, the safety of their people and the abilty to trade and move freely around the world. Defensive wars, especially in the face of terrorism, or guerilla warfare, may include tactics and strategies not normal in conventional warfare. America has been aware of that particular lesson since losing the war in Vietnam.  
One cannot allow an enemy to win just because it uses tactics that mean it hides among civilians,  or indeed pretends to be a part of the civilian population. Especially not an enemy that, if it won, would do so much harm to so many human beings in its own region and around the world.  For many, the ultimate aim is a religious caliphate which encompasses every person and nation in the world under the banner of islam.

That would mean, for example, that women did not get an education, and had none of the basic rights they enjoy in our part of the world.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#27    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

View PostMr Walker, on 20 May 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

Both Israel and America, as democracies, fight defensive wars to protect themsleves.

They do not fight defensive wars to protect themselves. LOL

Yeah Al Qaeda's planes and boats could have landed at the US if the US didn't do something. LOL

If The US is fighting Al Qaeda to defend themselves IN Afghanistan why did they support the same group in Libya? lol

Defense. lmfao

As for Saddam, that was a slaughter, Iraqi tanks didn't even have the same range as US tanks. That was a complete offensive war. No defense whatsoever. Same with Afghanistan. If you think that is defense, it's a pretty twisted view.

Edited by Coffey, 20 May 2013 - 08:44 AM.

#28    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,207 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 19 May 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

Religious differences always bring war and we never learn the lessons to the way of peace and to be good custodians of the world.  How sad it is when I can hear John Lennon singing "Imagine" and the part of "no religion too"!

I some times think God would rather us be sceptical athiests than do all the wrong things that are done in his name and religion!  If nations could only focus on peace and the golden rule instead of greed and dominance. God's spirit would be with us instead of the religions that are mostly man made preferences toward their own concepts of God's messages. Nations in the name of religions seem to miss the whole point of the Kingdom to come and the way toward peace and life.
Its not really religion that causes wars, it is the psychological and biological nature of human beings. Religion is a part of that nature, but so to is a fear of difference and an inabilty to empathise with more than a limited number of human beings.  Before christianity imposed a centralised peace on europe there was constant warfare based on non religious reasons. For a considerable perod of time christianity brought a period of unity and peace where even the vikings once christianised stopped raiding This unification probably saved europe from conquest by the  mongols and  the muslims (although in both cases luck also played a part) Of course with the reformation, and the division into protestantism and catholicism, it all broke out again.

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#29    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,261 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

View PostMr Walker, on 20 May 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

~snip

That would mean, for example, that women did not get an education, and had none of the basic rights they enjoy in our part of the world.

YOu are not speaking of Islam Mr Walker .... they are not practicing Islam ..

Women's Rights in Islam

The rights of Muslim women were given to us by Allah (SWT), who is All-Compassionate, All-Merciful, All-Just, All-Unbiased, All-Knowing and Most Wise. These rights, which were granted to women more than 1400 years ago, and were taught by the perfect example of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW), were given by the one Who created us and Who alone knows what rights are best for our female natures. Allah (SWT) says in the Quran:

"O You who believe! You are forbidden to inherit women against their will, and you should not treat them with harshness, that you may take away part of the Mahr (bridal-money given by the husband to his wife at time of marriage) you have given them, unless they commit open illegal sexual intercourse. And live with them honorably. If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing and Allah brings
through it a great deal of good." (An-Nisa 4:19)

The most basic right of a woman in Islam is the knowledge and recognition that she never has to ask or demand or fight for her rights which are guaranteed to her by Allah (SWT) Himself.

link

~edit : font format adjustment

Edited by third_eye, 20 May 2013 - 08:48 AM.

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#30    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,646 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 20 May 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

YOu are not speaking of Islam Mr Walker .... they are not practicing Islam ..

Women's Rights in Islam

link

~edit : font format adjustment
I'm sure this will be wonderful news to the women of Saudi Arabia, Afganistan, Pakistan.....  But the point does highlight a problem for the west.  What is "real" Islam and what is apostasy or "radicalism"?  I believe the Qur'an and Hadiths provide all the indictment of Islam that is necessary to prove it to be a warlike religio-political system of domination.  By arguing over the purity of Islam as a religion one loses sight of the FACT that it is mostly about the acquisition of power, land and the subjugation of non-believers and always has been since Muhammad came to Mecca.  And if you are going to throw the crusades at me don't bother.  My examples are a lot more recent - hence the problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users